Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I hope so, because I'm asking. Is it a typo, or is the chart labeled accurately? They've made 3 different charts now for the Epistar 320. It's confusing which is accurate.

pro2-320-8.jpg

Epistar3202.jpg

ss_2018-01-02_at_03_50_40_.png
U gonna buy one ? Look at peoples grows on here and online . That's a good way to make a decision. She isn't the person who made the graph obviously . I just looked at the tent the sell as a combo. It's 57 by 57 by 80 . So that's apparently the space it covers.

U gonna buy one ? Look at peoples grows on here and online . That's a good way to make a decision. She isn't the person who made the graph obviously . I just looked at the tent the sell as a combo. It's 57 by 57 by 80 . So that's apparently the space it covers.

How is looking at pictures of people's grows on here a good way to make a decision? Lights only influence yield, the quality has to do with the grower's experience and techniques, nutes and such. There's nothing to learn about a light from an image of a plant grown under the light. The only relevant info is how much weight the light yielded. Don't need pictures for that, and it should be possible to estimate yield through an accurate PPFD chart before you buy.

1400 PPFD could yield 3x more than 300 PPFD, so it does matter and is way more helpful to know the true PPFD chart. The chart on the website gives the impression that you'll get 1400 PPFD across the entire 4x4 footprint, when it's probably just 2x2 feet of 1400 PPFD, and supposedly just 1x1 of 1400 PPFD according to the old chart. That's a big difference in yield, probably more than a pound.

The third chart with raw numbers was provided directly from the engineers in April 2017 and those numbers don't even go higher than 1100 PPFD at the same 18" height. So which is it?

@sara- Found some sloppy errors on your webpage. I think it was either you, Lucy or Vera who asked if I could take a look. I honestly get a little confused with names cause at some point you have all worked as smokesaras - There is especially one error that made me laugh a little bit - what customers are saying about us - Then you show this image of some dude talking about a pH pen - you don't sell pH pens Sara :)

This is on the front page of Mars Hydro and it should probably be fixed :)

s222.png

-did you receive numbers on the COB? I don't have anything to measure with, but it clearly has a better spread than any other lamp I have seen. Thanks for reporting errors found :) They emailed me and asked if I could take a look for errors on their upgraded page. Seems you found one

How is looking at pictures of people's grows on here a good way to make a decision? Lights only influence yield, the quality has to do with the grower's experience and techniques, and minorly their nutes and such. There's nothing to learn about a light from an image of a plant grown under the light. The only relevant info is how much weight the light yielded. Don't need pictures for that, and it should be able to be calculated through an accurate PPFD chart before you buy. 1400 PPFD is going to yield 3x more than 300 PPFD, so it does matter and is way more helpful to know the true PPFD chart. The chart on the website gives the impression that you'll get 1400 PPFD across the entire 4x4 footprint, when it's probably just 2x2 feet of 1400 PPFD, and supposedly just 1x1 of 1400 PPFD according to the old chart.

-did you receive numbers on the COB? I don't have anything to measure with, but it clearly has a better spread than any other lamp I have seen. Thanks for reporting errors found :) They emailed me and asked if I could take a look for errors on their upgraded page. Seems you found one

Thank you for acknowledging it. That's all I care about is honesty and accuracy. It seems difficult to get them to acknowledge errors though. It took a lot of back and forth with different smokesara's in April to get them to verify the original graph for the Epistar 320. She repeatedly spammed the thread with stock photos of Mars products while simultaneously trying to discredit me; saying I was lying about the purchase date and testing old, depreciated lights, even though she previously PM'd me their light depreciation is less than 3% over 75k hours. A mod had to clean up all the spam, including a bunch of photos she spammed of your first plants grown in skulls. It was a nightmare getting them to admit their graph was not accurate.

Finally, they released the raw data chart from the engineers and said they would soon test all of their lights that way, given time. That was 9 months ago and I haven't seen them post any other raw charts from the engineers like that. After all that, seeing the new, inaccurate chart for the Epistar 320 on the new website is especially frustrating. They knew back in April that they plotted it inaccurately and made a better chart and promised to make more better charts. Then they went and made an inaccurate chart. So no, I haven't seen any charts for the new COB and I'm not sure I would trust it if I did.

Any time I bring an issue to their attention it's the same ole thing. Trying to discredit me, ignore it, spam over it, report the posts for deletion, never acknowledging it.

Guess you were communicating with Lucy and Vera then. They were the previous SmokeSaras. The lovely lady who is the current SmokeSara is named Cathy.

:) At some point in history SmokeSara was actually named Sara, she was the one who made the account and started communicating with growers about building lights. Since then Mars Hydro has built us the lamps we have been asking for. Today the original Sara (Hu) has a much higher position in the company I believe. Lucy and Vera changed jobs as well, so now Cathy has a lot of cathing up to do. But you're doing a good job Cathy :) Sara Hu still works for Mars Hydro - Right?

Ok since u wanna be rude basically over a mistake on a dumb web page figure it out yourself know it all lol. But get off her back

Well she represents the company, who else's back should I get on? I reported the error politely and will let her respond to it. You started instigated saying it doesn't matter, leave it, look at pictures instead. I engaged you asking to explain why pictures matter but charts don't and you throw a fit?

Thank you for acknowledging it. That's all I care about is honesty and accuracy. It seems difficult to get them to acknowledge errors though. It took a lot of back and forth with different smokesara's in April to get them to verify the original graph for the Epistar 320. She repeatedly spammed the thread with stock photos of Mars products while simultaneously trying to discredit me; saying I was lying about the purchase date and testing old, depreciated lights, even though she previously PM'd me their light depreciation is less than 3% over 75k hours. A mod had to clean up all the spam, including a bunch of photos she spammed of your first plants grown in skulls. It was a nightmare getting them to admit their graph was not accurate.

Finally, they released the raw data chart from the engineers and said they would soon test all of their lights that way, given time. That was 9 months ago and I haven't seen them post any other raw charts from the engineers like that. After all that, seeing the new, inaccurate chart for the Epistar 320 on the new website is especially frustrating. They knew back in April that they plotted it inaccurately and made a better chart and promised to make more better charts. Then they went and made an inaccurate chart. So no, I haven't seen any charts for the new COB and I'm not sure I would trust it if I did.

Any time I bring an issue to their attention it's the same ole thing. Trying to discredit me, ignore it, spam over it, report the posts for deletion, never acknowledging it.

No I think people just get to a point and wonder why and what for? Mars hydro Is the only led company you call out specifically and they are the only ones you harass. You've been bugging them for so long and its obvious you aren't going to give them your business so why should they be nice all you want to do is hurt their businesses and all you will do is end up driving potential customers away to go and buy unbranded blurple lights that are 100x deceitful compared to Mars hydro. You are arguing with people who do not speak English as their first language nor do they live in a predominantly English speaking country. They make mistakes and every time I've told them of a mistake they made they were quick to respond and update the error...

In the end this is mars hydros thread you could always create an I hate mars hydro thread just food for thought. Hell why not learn their language so they can actually understand you fully? They aren't going to understand you word for word so I'm betting half of what you say doesn't even make sense to them. I'm sure most of us here are realists and understand that a light that costs 4-5x as much as a Mars hydro equivalent is going to outdo it.... But it also costs 4-5x as much... I'd like to see more comparisons with mars hydro versus less premium lighting.

How does old school HPS and reflectors compare to the modern lights you have tested? Because we kept asking for replacements for our HPS lamps and that's what we got, if we want anything else we need to ask the right questions - Ask for the right specifikations. I too would love to see a lamp that has a completely even coverage inside a tent. It would make us get higher yields. I hope to see a Mars quantum board eventually

I don't believe for a second that Mars Hydro is trying to fool anyone. I have been a customer for several years and the reason I keep coming back for more is very simple - They got my back throughout the entire grow. If a lamp breaks - That's a nightmare - right? At least it was for me the first time it happened. But Mars sent spare parts for free and even allowed me to open up the lights and fix them myself to save time and my grow - Today they even offer you a replacement light while yours is being fixed.

Then the second disaster happened. I had a full room of plants and the air system failed, making the humidity in the room reach almost 100% The lamps were flashing when I opened the room, clearly a short circuit. I broke half of the power supplies in my lamps that day. It was 100% my own fault - Still Mars sent me new power supplies for free. No problem whatsoever.

That's the reason I totally love this company. I know they got my back

How does old school HPS and reflectors compare to the modern lights you have tested? Because we kept asking for replacements for our HPS lamps and that's what we got, if we want anything else we need to ask the right questions - Ask for the right specifikations. I too would love to see a lamp that has a completely even coverage inside a tent. It would make us get higher yields. I hope to see a Mars quantum board eventually
I agree DeVille, Mars quantum Boards sounds good to me lol...️

The COB is water-proof btw :) I wish I had a room full of those. I wonder if they had my fuck-ups in mind when they designed that one?

No I think people just get to a point and wonder why and what for? Mars hydro Is the only led company you call out specifically and they are the only ones you harass. You've been bugging them for so long and its obvious you aren't going to give them your business so why should they be nice all you want to do is hurt their businesses and all you will do is end up driving potential customers away to go and buy unbranded blurple lights that are 100x deceitful compared to Mars hydro. You are arguing with people who do not speak English as their first language nor do they live in a predominantly English speaking country. They make mistakes and every time I've told them of a mistake they made they were quick to respond and update the error...

In the end this is mars hydros thread you could always create an I hate mars hydro thread just food for thought. Hell why not learn their language so they can actually understand you fully? They aren't going to understand you word for word so I'm betting half of what you say doesn't even make sense to them. I'm sure most of us here are realists and understand that a light that costs 4-5x as much as a Mars hydro equivalent is going to outdo it.... But it also costs 4-5x as much... I'd like to see more comparisons with mars hydro versus less premium lighting.

Mars is just the most public company here that I've addressed, and the most sensitive. I'm not asking them to be nice to me, just to be honest with me (and everyone else). I've called out Amare and HID lighting as well, those are the only other lights I've used. I wouldn't just make things up about a light I haven't used and I'm not discriminating against Mars Hydro. I've brought different issues to their attention over time because I care about them. You could see it as pulling customers away, or as suggesting improvements to their products that would attract more customers. I honestly don't care either way, I'm just reporting my experiences as they happen. I have given them thousands of dollars of my business and I don't think I'm breaking any rules here, so I think that earns me a chance to give feedback here. Sorry that my criticism conflicts with the endless flattery that goes on here, but it's not like I'm just making things up. LED diodes die, footprints are measured, mistakes are identified. I spend a lot of time going into extreme detail about each problem so they have the best chance of understanding, and I answer all their questions when they ask. Then they just stop communicating. If they don't understand me, they can keep asking and I'll keep finding creative ways to explain it. As a commercial company and a sponsor here, they should be held to the same standard as anyone else. Errors on the webpage should be corrected and all published information should be verifiable for accuracy without being crucified.

I don't believe for a second that Mars Hydro is trying to fool anyone. I have been a customer for several years and the reason I keep coming back for more is very simple - They got my back throughout the entire grow. If a lamp breaks - That's a nightmare - right? At least it was for me the first time it happened. But Mars sent spare parts for free and even allowed me to open up the lights and fix them myself to save time and my grow - Today they even offer you a replacement light while yours is being fixed.

Then the second disaster happened. I had a full room of plants and the air system failed, making the humidity in the room reach almost 100% The lamps were flashing when I opened the room, clearly a short circuit. I broke half of the power supplies in my lamps that day. It was 100% my own fault - Still Mars sent me new power supplies for free. No problem whatsoever.

That's the reason I totally love this company. I know they got my back

They have your back when they know you'll keep giving them money. Their customer service is not the problem.

What would you like to see from a future Mars light Etheo? What kind of specifikations does your dream lamp have?

Back
Top Bottom