Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Which light would you guys choose? The marsII 400 or the mars 600. Still not adverse with knowing what the specs actually mean as far as growing. The 60p is cheaper then the 400 so I'm assuming the wattage isn't everything and maybe the 400 will out perform? Plan on using it in my flower tent and keep my 300 in my veg tent.

Mars 600? Do you mean that very old first generation light?

If that's what you mean I would definitely go for the Mars II 400 - much newer technology.

Which light would you guys choose? The marsII 400 or the mars 600. Still not adverse with knowing what the specs actually mean as far as growing. The 60p is cheaper then the 400 so I'm assuming the wattage isn't everything and maybe the 400 will out perform? Plan on using it in my flower tent and keep my 300 in my veg tent.

Don't forget to check the price on the official Mars Hydro page. Sometimes that's the cheapest option. But they don't sell the first gen lamps there anymore.

Let me know if you need a discount code. They gave me my own one because of my videos

U gonna buy one ? Look at peoples grows on here and online . That's a good way to make a decision. She isn't the person who made the graph obviously . I just looked at the tent the sell as a combo. It's 57 by 57 by 80 . So that's apparently the space it covers.

320 is our most powerful light, if it use in 4'x4' tent, it can work very well. But as customers' feedback from reflector series (less powerful series light can still help plants grow well), so we also think 320 can work in larger grow size. Not all of our customers grow cannabis or grow indoors, some grow in the greenhouse or grow other plants, so we will ask customer's growing plan firstly, then recommend them suitable light.

@Sara- Found some sloppy errors on your webpage. I think it was either you, Lucy or Vera who asked if I could take a look. I honestly get a little confused with names cause at some point you have all worked as smokesaras - There is especially one error that made me laugh a little bit - what customers are saying about us - Then you show this image of some dude talking about a pH pen - you don't sell pH pens Sara :)

This is on the front page of Mars Hydro and it should probably be fixed :)

s222.png

Thanks for your care, deville. I will ask my colleague to revise it, our art designer put it on our website, he can not read English and he is only in charge of dealing with pictures.

Don't let the name confuse you the description lists the true wattage the Mars hydro 600 is a much older model and it's only 275W total I'd definitely recommend either the Mars I 400 or a reflector.

Don't let the name confuse you the description lists the true wattage the Mars hydro 600 is a much older model and it's only 275W total I'd definitely recommend either the Mars I 400 or a reflector.
Don't forget to check the price on the official Mars Hydro page. Sometimes that's the cheapest option. But they don't sell the first gen lamps there anymore.

Let me know if you need a discount code. They gave me my own one because of my videos
Thanks guys! I'll probably go with the marslI400 then. Trying to spend as close to $150 as possible as I'm trying very hard to stay on a budget. Hopefully this will be enough to flower 2-3 plants.

Thanks guys! I'll probably go with the marslI400 then. Trying to spend as close to $150 as possible as I'm trying very hard to stay on a budget. Hopefully this will be enough to flower 2-3 plants.

I'd recommend this Mars Reflector 480W Full Spectrum Led Grow Light Indoor Hydro Plant Veg Flower | eBay

It's also 210 watts compared to the 180W the Mars 400 Is but more importantly it has a better spread due to its shape. Under the Mars II 400 I'd recommend one large plant due to its shape but the reflector Is more rectangular so you can fit two decent sized plants nicely under it and it puts you right at that 100W per plant minimum I'd recommend. You could potentially pull a couple hundred grams per harvest with that light with the right strain and environment they do good there are lots of grow journals with them. It is a few bucks over the budget but if you order directly from the website they may have a discount code you can use.

That's a good point. I never tried the reflector series myself, but they look especially interesting for keeping a bunch of mother-plants alive. Don't want them to grow so fast so less intensity is actually a good thing.

The discount code Devil will give you 3% off. Maybe other discount codes have higher percentage off, not sure

a822f55b5a9c7eef53aa78be871b9d81.jpg
37f4d77fcb241aa2bd0116663f226186.jpg
b5c80621ac5978b5b4bdc60f23d2f0b1.jpg
here's my girl scout cookie bagseed that I've yet to top for some reasonngrowing under the 100W mars hydro eco49 also have a couple other random bagseed under it as well. I'll be tossing her into my flower tent for a few days to determine sex here shortly and the other two bagseeds will go in shortly after.. if the GSC is female it flowers under the eco49 by itself in a small area and the other two bagseeds if either are female get tossed into the flower tent in small pots.

My flowering girls are yellowing very very fast so they are getting as much food as they can handle
a2a54013bcfc2a93e84c3265cb64a7f9.jpg
e1ff8c1fd78916bfa3d251e5a7c58ab6.jpg
the ones directly under the Mars are seriously yellowing but that's not much of a surprise the mars 300's are twice the wattage of the QB's and they are stacked right next to each other in the center.

I'd recommend this Mars Reflector 480W Full Spectrum Led Grow Light Indoor Hydro Plant Veg Flower | eBay

It's also 210 watts compared to the 180W the Mars 400 Is but more importantly it has a better spread due to its shape. Under the Mars II 400 I'd recommend one large plant due to its shape but the reflector Is more rectangular so you can fit two decent sized plants nicely under it and it puts you right at that 100W per plant minimum I'd recommend. You could potentially pull a couple hundred grams per harvest with that light with the right strain and environment they do good there are lots of grow journals with them. It is a few bucks over the budget but if you order directly from the website they may have a discount code you can use.
I could actually get this for a $1 more then the 400. So it's within the budget. I have about $20 in promotional balances on amazon. So you would recommend this over the 400?

I could actually get this for a $1 more then the 400. So it's within the budget. I have about $20 in promotional balances on amazon. So you would recommend this over the 400?

Definitely since it'll give you a better coverage so you'll have less trouble fitting multiple plants underneath it and it's a tad stronger watt wise compared to the 400.

Definitely since it'll give you a better coverage so you'll have less trouble fitting multiple plants underneath it and it's a tad stronger watt wise compared to the 400.
Thanks I'll most likely grab that one after looking at it. I appreciate the info. I just watched a couple videos so now I understand a little more at what I'm suppose to be looking at.

Guess you were communicating with Lucy and Vera then. They were the previous SmokeSaras. The lovely lady who is the current SmokeSara is named Cathy.

:) At some point in history SmokeSara was actually named Sara, she was the one who made the account and started communicating with growers about building lights. Since then Mars Hydro has built us the lamps we have been asking for. Today the original Sara (Hu) has a much higher position in the company I believe. Lucy and Vera changed jobs as well, so now Cathy has a lot of cathing up to do. But you're doing a good job Cathy :) Sara Hu still works for Mars Hydro - Right?

I am Cathy, Sara (Hu) was charge of 420 in the beginning, but she will give birth to a baby, so she stay at home to have good rest now.
Vera was in charge of 420 for long time, but she was shifted to other social media.
I worked as a sales before,now I am in charge of 420 and also help customers to repair light, send parcels out...so I am not very familiar with something here, but I will catch up and asked the PPFD testing and reply asap.:thanks:

No I think people just get to a point and wonder why and what for? Mars hydro Is the only led company you call out specifically and they are the only ones you harass. You've been bugging them for so long and its obvious you aren't going to give them your business so why should they be nice all you want to do is hurt their businesses and all you will do is end up driving potential customers away to go and buy unbranded blurple lights that are 100x deceitful compared to Mars hydro. You are arguing with people who do not speak English as their first language nor do they live in a predominantly English speaking country. They make mistakes and every time I've told them of a mistake they made they were quick to respond and update the error...

In the end this is mars hydros thread you could always create an I hate mars hydro thread just food for thought. Hell why not learn their language so they can actually understand you fully? They aren't going to understand you word for word so I'm betting half of what you say doesn't even make sense to them. I'm sure most of us here are realists and understand that a light that costs 4-5x as much as a Mars hydro equivalent is going to outdo it.... But it also costs 4-5x as much... I'd like to see more comparisons with mars hydro versus less premium lighting.

:thanks: Entheogenerator does not like our lights. We respect his choices if he chooses other brands

Mars 600? Do you mean that very old first generation light?

If that's what you mean I would definitely go for the Mars II 400 - much newer technology.

MarsII400 leds are nearer with each other, light mix is better

Mars hydro reflector 144 week 1 flower

08316d8b74f336dbfbc58fc7ce2b0ba3.jpg
2ef5e16f169418a4d9bda6ef53c73ee8.jpg

Mars 300 single big bomb and OG critical

Females

Grown entire grow so far under 300 pretty impressed so far

a9487d9c271d14ca8260190d99f328a0.jpg
6432046c4668822010a9f0744200f137.jpg

Also does anyone know what the ppfd is on this unit ?

Back
Top Bottom