Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Mars Hydro TSW-2000

I am very happy with the spectrum and intensity of light put out by Mars Hydro's TSL-2000. The grow using the TSL-2000 is nearing its end, with two plants to be harvested tomorrow, and another in a week or two. I won one of the SP-250s in July, and needed to buy a tent for it. In August SmokeSara and Mars Hydro ran a contest for TSW-2000 and their 3' X 3' grow tent as they wanted more of us to use and show what this light is capable of. I approached SmokeSara regarding the possibility of trading the SP-250 for the TSW-2000, and purchasing their 3' X 3' grow tent. SmokeSara was kind enough to agree with my proposal. The TSW-2000 arrived today.

full

Unpacking the Mars Hydro TSW-2000

The only difference between the TSL and TSW-2000 is the arrangement of the light panels. The TSL has them end to end, while the TSW has them side by side. The light panels, drivers, and wiring are the same. The TSL-2000 has a flowering footprint of 2' X 4' (60 X 120cm) while the TSW-2000 has a flowering footprint of 3' X 3' (90 X 90cm). Your choice between these two lights only depends on the arrangement of your grow space.

Some folks want to place the drivers of these lights outside their grow areas. All that's needed for this is a pair of DC 5.5x2.1mm Male To Female Extension Cords of the appropriate length. These are readily available on-line. I will be doing this, and possibly adding a timer while I'm at it.

The TSW-2000 comes with cables and ratchet hangers to mount it in your grow area. Using both of these takes up about 50cm, or 20" of the the available height. This is great for those that have their fan and filter above the light. Others, like me, put the fan and filter out of the grow area, and want to maximize the height available for our plants. It is very easy to change the hangers to something taking less vertical space.

The Mars Hydro 3' X 3' grow tent is on its way and should arrive in another week. The seeds for my first grow with the TSW-2000 and Mars Hydro 3' X 3' grow tent have been germinated, and are making their way above ground. Lets see what this combination can do!

Going to be a good grow, I'll be following along :ganjamon:

Mars Hydro TSW-2000

I am very happy with the spectrum and intensity of light put out by Mars Hydro's TSL-2000. The grow using the TSL-2000 is nearing its end, with two plants to be harvested tomorrow, and another in a week or two. I won one of the SP-250s in July, and needed to buy a tent for it. In August SmokeSara and Mars Hydro ran a contest for TSW-2000 and their 3' X 3' grow tent as they wanted more of us to use and show what this light is capable of. I approached SmokeSara regarding the possibility of trading the SP-250 for the TSW-2000, and purchasing their 3' X 3' grow tent. SmokeSara was kind enough to agree with my proposal. The TSW-2000 arrived today.

full

Unpacking the Mars Hydro TSW-2000

The only difference between the TSL and TSW-2000 is the arrangement of the light panels. The TSL has them end to end, while the TSW has them side by side. The light panels, drivers, and wiring are the same. The TSL-2000 has a flowering footprint of 2' X 4' (60 X 120cm) while the TSW-2000 has a flowering footprint of 3' X 3' (90 X 90cm). Your choice between these two lights only depends on the arrangement of your grow space.

Some folks want to place the drivers of these lights outside their grow areas. All that's needed for this is a pair of DC 5.5x2.1mm Male To Female Extension Cords of the appropriate length. These are readily available on-line. I will be doing this, and possibly adding a timer while I'm at it.

The TSW-2000 comes with cables and ratchet hangers to mount it in your grow area. Using both of these takes up about 50cm, or 20" of the the available height. This is great for those that have their fan and filter above the light. Others, like me, put the fan and filter out of the grow area, and want to maximize the height available for our plants. It is very easy to change the hangers to something taking less vertical space.

The Mars Hydro 3' X 3' grow tent is on its way and should arrive in another week. The seeds for my first grow with the TSW-2000 and Mars Hydro 3' X 3' grow tent have been germinated, and are making their way above ground. Lets see what this combination can do!
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us Old Salt, hopefully to see your new grow soon. :D

Cant wait to ditch the yellow! They look so unhealthy under this light, like a post apocalypse world lol. (HPS)

They are about 2 to 3 weeks since switch. Anyone had issues going from HPS to led (SP range) mid flower before?

(This is just normal bag seed. No idea what strains they are. Spears to be 2 different strains. We also keeping the slightly more advanced stuff like cutting them etc away for the time being, first grow, decided to choose our battles. So letting them grow somewhat naturally. Pruning will happen on next grow)

Attachments

• IMG_20190903_203110.jpg
    IMG_20190903_203110.jpg
    939.6 KB · Views: 128
Cant wait to ditch the yellow! They look so unhealthy under this light, like a post apocalypse world lol. (HPS)

They are about 2 to 3 weeks since switch. Anyone had issues going from HPS to led (SP range) mid flower before?

(This is just normal bag seed. No idea what strains they are. Spears to be 2 different strains. We also keeping the slightly more advanced stuff like cutting them etc away for the time being, first grow, decided to choose our battles. So letting them grow somewhat naturally. Pruning will happen on next grow)
I've had Calcium deficiency show up when I switched.... just bump Cal/Mag numbers a bit prior to switch & they should jam right through it.
:thumb:

calmag , calmag and some calmag. that was my lesson learnt from the switch over and to spread those limbs out for light penetration as much as possible.

5' Tent / Mars Hydro TSL-2000: Partial Harvest

Remember at the start of this grow it was to be a seed run. The plants in this tent were restricted to four main branches. One was treated with STS, but we only got pollen sacks on one of the plants. They were removed, along with the branches that were treated with the STS, so the harvest is only three branches per plant. Here are the results for the Candida and Cream & Cheese.

Note to Breeders: Please don't use 'and,' 'or,' or similar words and symbols when naming your strains. It makes it difficult to use the strain name in sentences when journaling a grow with multiple strains.

The Candida photo was the last to be taken. I had the idea of hanging a 12" (30cm) rule with the harvest for scale.

full

Medical Marijuana Genetics: Candida (CD-1)

The branch on the right of the Cream & Cheese had about eight inches (20cm) cut from the top as it had mold growing in the cola. I'll check again in a few days when it's time to jar the harvest.

full

Seedsman: Cream & Cheese

The Sapphire Scout needs more time to mature.

Hi SugaSlide , sorry for my late reply. I was out of office this morning. Usually first time you change from HPS to LED, there are several points you might want to keep in mind:
- Less nutrients, less water, but more cal and mag. plants under led grow lights turns to like cal and mag a lot.
- PH: 6~6.5 soil, if dwc, less
- RH: 50% + during veg and 50% - during flowering
Please check if there is something helpful. :)

I've had Calcium deficiency show up when I switched.... just bump Cal/Mag numbers a bit prior to switch & they should jam right through it.
:thumb:
Hi Preston, thanks for stopping by and helping me when I was not available. :circle-of-love: Your right many will have cal and mag defeciency the first time using led grow lights. :)

5' Tent / Mars Hydro TSL-2000: Partial Harvest

Remember at the start of this grow it was to be a seed run. The plants in this tent were restricted to four main branches. One was treated with STS, but we only got pollen sacks on one of the plants. They were removed, along with the branches that were treated with the STS, so the harvest is only three branches per plant. Here are the results for the Candida and Cream & Cheese.

Note to Breeders: Please don't use 'and,' 'or,' or similar words and symbols when naming your strains. It makes it difficult to use the strain name in sentences when journaling a grow with multiple strains.

The Candida photo was the last to be taken. I had the idea of hanging a 12" (30cm) rule with the harvest for scale.

full

Medical Marijuana Genetics: Candida (CD-1)

The branch on the right of the Cream & Cheese had about eight inches (20cm) cut from the top as it had mold growing in the cola. I'll check again in a few days when it's time to jar the harvest.

full

Seedsman: Cream & Cheese

The Sapphire Scout needs more time to mature.
Hi Old Salt, congrats on the harvest, looks pretty nice! And I suppose this means another round will begin very soon,, haha! :circle-of-love::laugh::laugh::laugh: I love the suggestion you name the strain, I can imagine when ppl make a strain name like that and everytime writing or mention it, will be so fun :surf:

Today I would like to share the third difference between Mars Reflector and Mars TS. growing stage control design: :Rasta:
- Mars Reflector uses two switches to help you control different stages light spectrum and power :circle-of-love:
- Mars TS doesn't have switches, but it can be dimmable, if you wish, you can adjust the driver to dim or powerful the light to suit different growing stage. :Rasta:
So which one do you prefer? :lot-o-toke:

well it says me 4 x4 marshian tent will be here tomorrow gonna be interesting gonna try a 2x4 t5 ho 8 bulb in it with some autos and a mother started. i was thinking of getting my friend the 3x3 with 2 sp 150's for his birthday hes a disabled person that got hurt rescuing a baby from a house fire(hes my kind of peeps) hes on a shoe string budget from being on ssi and also hes got limited space figured plenty of room to grow out 1 under lst in the 3x3. whats you guys n gals think

well it says me 4 x4 marshian tent will be here tomorrow gonna be interesting gonna try a 2x4 t5 ho 8 bulb in it with some autos and a mother started. i was thinking of getting my friend the 3x3 with 2 sp 150's for his birthday hes a disabled person that got hurt rescuing a baby from a house fire(hes my kind of peeps) hes on a shoe string budget from being on ssi and also hes got limited space figured plenty of room to grow out 1 under lst in the 3x3. whats you guys n gals think
Hi Jinxed, you are such a nice person, i am sure your friend will love your gift. :love: :love: :love:

Two sp250 ina 4x4 tent with two White Widow autos finishing up and 7 GSC extreme 16 days from emerging. First time growing indoors with one outdoor grow under my belt. The 2 WW were planted outdoor in the middle of the first grow. Trying some LST on the GSC's
20190905_072358.jpg
20190905_072412.jpg
Not bad for the first time indoor, plants looks very healthy! :circle-of-love: Thank you for stopping by and welcome to share more in future. :D

Today I will share the last two difference between Mars TS and Mars Reflector :circle-of-love:

First one: Spectrum :surf:
- Mars TS: full sunlike spectrum - will be white overall :love:
- Mars reflector : don't have too much green and yellow but rich in red and blue- blurple full spectrum :Rasta:

Second one: Daisy Chain Function :lot-o-toke:
- Mars TS: No daisy chain function available :slide:
- Mars Reflector: Daisy chain function available, but better not over 1000w actual wattage :love:

Which one do you prefer?

Back
Top Bottom