Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

thank u Dennise, how are you ?
Hi Wild I have seen where Sara posted that the prices on the web site are the lowest she can do right now and has put all discounts allowed on the site. I think you will love the 96x3w. I do mine. Good luck and I'm a real person...:goof:....:circle-of-love:

Cheers for the reply, i thought that might be the case. I guess there no harm in asking. Just another question for everyone, with the 96x3w reflector as im growing auto's at different stages do i keep the both switches on all the time?

I didn't see where you ever got an answer to your question so I will try and help and if it has been answered and I just missed it sorry.... you need to have only the veg switch on when veg'ing but when in bloom both switched must be on. The fans are controlled by the veg switch and if it is not on the fans are not on. When you turn on the bloom switch too it mostly just adds the reds but any way just 1 switch on for grow and both of them on for bloom......:circle-of-love:

I didn't see where you ever got an answer to your question so I will try and help and if it has been answered and I just missed it sorry.... you need to have only the veg switch on when veg'ing but when in bloom both switched must be on. The fans are controlled by the veg switch and if it is not on the fans are not on. When you turn on the bloom switch too it mostly just adds the reds but any way just 1 switch on for grow and both of them on for bloom......:circle-of-love:

Thanks for your reply, after listening to everyones advise i have finally decided that i'm going to go for the old model 100x3, i do think these will be the best for my set up and the way that i grow. Thank you and everyone else for helping me in my quest to finding the right lights for me.

yes, I am doing well too, just back from a nice trip. I post pictures on my FB:))) it is really a very nice place.
I am dong well and hope the same for you. My girls are growing like weeds under my LEDs......:yahoo:......:circle-of-love:

:party:
Thanks for your reply, after listening to everyones advise i have finally decided that i'm going to go for the old model 100x3, i do think these will be the best for my set up and the way that i grow. Thank you and everyone else for helping me in my quest to finding the right lights for me.

It is near impossible to build a light to the same specs as the LG lights for cheaper than what they are selling them for...

Yes, that's a good point. However, building allows for incremental entry. For example, smaller panels for better coverage after a few are built. (I'm thinking of Astir's philosophy.). Better components like Cree bulbs. Maybe a better design that comes from a "labor of love," like passive cooling (gigantic fins, heat pipes, a connection to the exhaust fan).

I agree with you that TopLED is an easy and safe choice. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone. But, if someone has a lot of time (disabled, unemployed), a build-it project could be fun and informative. Allow the person to experiment with spectrum by replacing bulbs and drivers. In the end cost more, but possibly a longer-lasting and more flexible light.

all our standard spectrum light has the same spectrum. including mars II , reflector and old model. when turn all lights on, they have the same spectrum.

Maybe it's just me, but when I read "Old model" I think of "deprecated, replaced, less desirable."

I'm now understanding your products as a progression of power and features:

Gen 1: Mars 1 - 3w, no reflector
Gen 2: Mars 1R - 3w, reflector, selectable spectrum
Gen 3: Mars 2 - 5w, no reflector

To me this progression of power/intensity/feature was never clear until you pointed out they *all* use the same spectrum and ratio.

That might be a good FAQ topic. "What's the difference between your models?" and then explain that they all use the same spectrum, and how they progress.

I think I'd drop "Old Model" as a name. It implies something negative, steering people away before even considering what it's usefulness is.

(Now I'm wondering if there is a Mars 2R in the works. Higher intensity, penetration, switchable spectrum instead of dedicated panels.).

I think I'd drop "Old Model" as a name. It implies something negative, steering people away before even considering what it's usefulness is.

That is a very good point.
I know I skipped Old Models section because I though they no good and went straight for reflector models as my 1st choice of interest.

Yes, that's a good point. However, building allows for incremental entry. For example, smaller panels for better coverage after a few are built. (I'm thinking of Astir's philosophy.). Better components like Cree bulbs. Maybe a better design that comes from a "labor of love," like passive cooling (gigantic fins, heat pipes, a connection to the exhaust fan).

I agree with you that TopLED is an easy and safe choice. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone. But, if someone has a lot of time (disabled, unemployed), a build-it project could be fun and informative. Allow the person to experiment with spectrum by replacing bulbs and drivers. In the end cost more, but possibly a longer-lasting and more flexible light.

Go for it man, I also like to build stuff myself. I found everythig I needed, added it all up and the cost was almost double. You won't find better quality led's than what LG is using, they use Epistar. You can use Cree led's but they only have white spectrum I believe and are expensive, but hey man give it a go ,I would like to see what you come up with. I would start small though.

You won't find better quality led's than what LG is using, they use Epistar.

What's "better" depends on each individual's priorities. Some would say Philipps Luxeon's longer lifespan is better. Others say less expensive LEDs (like Epistar) are better because the technology is changing so quickly, it may not make sense to invest in most expensive LEDs.

You can use Cree led's but they only have white spectrum I believe

Cree offers a wider variety of whites. Also individual colors. For example, google for XPERED-L1-0000-00501

Wasn't trying to start a "home built is better" argument. Just describing a few attributes which could be better if someone doesn't have the money to buy (and has a DIY'er interest). Buying an already-built light has its advantages too. For most people it's the way to go.

Just describing a few attributes which could be better if someone doesn't have the money to buy (and has a DIY'er interest).

If they don't have the money to buy, they won't have the money to build one of comparable specs. Just my opinion.

ok, I have one good news to all of you :cheer::party:

We just have 324x5w mars II led grow light come out, we call it mars II 1600w, it is suit for 5x5feet area. for the very high power, we install vege and bloom switches in. we will be ready to ship out next week. so if you are interested in, you can pre order now:)

pictures will update in the next post. :high-five:

pictures. any questions, please let me know.
12_1088.JPG
12_1086.JPG
12_1085.JPG
12_1084.JPG

New product!

yes, a lot growers has 5x5feet room, they want bigger light, so we make this one for them, hope they will like it.

Back
Top Bottom