Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

To be clear, I was not aware of this issue when announcing the contest sponsorship. That was not my response to the drama. We'll look into the matter as always, post reported for assessment. :thanks:

:Namaste:
Most of us love our lights that's for sure, but it's unfair to dismiss the fella's complaint just because you think he's rude. He's obviously miffed Lucy off but that's still no reason to consider it acceptable behaviour from anyone. I wouldn't talk to my dog like that, why should anyone else be expected to 'take it on the chin' and not voice their grievance? I like the fact that it's a good honest thread, but no need to shut people down over your own opinion

DrVoo, I hope everything is going fine with your surgery. Don't work too hard. Heath is the most important in the life.:Namaste:
I am checking with my colleague regarding the stock. As long as the stock of 144x5w in EU is confirmed true, I will send you the 144x5w immediately. I am truly sorry for this mistake. There is still chance for us to cooperate.
We are not afraid of mistakes and troubles. What we are afraid of is never to make mistakes. I believe from this lesson, we will become better and better. :circle-of-love:
As for our Cree led light, the leds are 3W but much brighter and higher quality than 5W. We are applying for the patent right now. The time everything is ready for this monster, I will announce to all of you, my dearest friends.:cheer:
Hi Sara, Lucy, and rest.
I am slowly getting back to work after my surgery and i want to solve problem you done to me with reflector series lights. I ordered 144x5W, payed 144x5w and get 144x3w. You promised to me, that you will send some customers here to buy them (i promised to give them my cost price), nobody came, so now i would like to solve this problem. I have been promised that i can send lights back and you will credit me. Is it possible to send you these 144x3w back and get 144x5w (as i heard that you already have them in EU stock) ? I am also interested in your cree light, any more info (3W 5W ? How many ? any photos ?)....
Awaiting your answer, hope to finally solve this i am quite unhappy that my money are laying on shelf without usage....
Have a nice and succesfull day....

:cheer:Morning Munchies :circle-of-love:

For all the time, we are trying to solve your problem and decide to send you MarsII 1200w to replace the 2pcs 144 Reflector. We don't expect this coincidence of train derailling. The whole thing is like "domino effect" with negative events, where one bad leads to another. Regardless of all these troubles, we will try our best to help you. We will give you the refund. Don't worry and don't hurry, Munchies, please just be patient for a while until UPS has sent back our light and shown "Damaged" record. At last, we will refund you the full amount. Please trust us. :circle-of-love::Namaste:
I purchased 2 reflector series and both lights had the sagging panels. I'm sure it's affecting the angle of the lights and penetration but, Don't bother sending it back to get repaired, or exchanging it. Worst experience I've ever had is trying to return something through this company

Good remark "customer service is not telling customer what he has to understand, but it should be helping customer solve problem":thumb: You're right, Drvoo, we are on the way of expanding, because of support from customers. Thanks to you, we have more people know us, Mars-Hydro and we are more confident than before in our lights and what we are doing here. We are helping grower all round the world to save cost for growing and grow better. People will not tend to treat Chinese products as cheap and low quality. We are Chinese manufacturer and we can make it. :circle-of-love:

Right now, we are looking for distributors and offer local pick-up for our customers all round the world. The price is the same as our website, because we want our cutomers to pay what the light is realy worth. Don't boast and don't overcharge. This is principle that we are keeping and will still keep in the future.

DrVoo, definitely you will find many Chinese manufacturers offering you lowest price. Then you will have a lot profit margin from it. We are not the Best and Cheapest, but we will be the honest to our customers. I hope to work with you. At first, your profit margin is less, but for a long term, you will have more cusomers. :circle-of-love:

Again, I am sorry for this one bad experience you have. Believe me, you will have a lot more good experiences with us in the near coming future. :cheer:

Yes, i can see they have good selling support but customer support seems walking on one leg. Its quite understandable, their company bizz grown, but now not enough people to solve problems, maybe ? I would like to coop with this company in future, because their products are ok and other shops in my country already asking for wholesale bizz, but i dont have margin allowing me to sell them with some profit. So i am selling them with no profit now, hope we will find some way how to earn money on both sides with MH. If not, i will find another manufacturer, although MH is telling they are best and cheapest, there are many many other companies doing similar products, i am working with two more companies there in Shenzen, so i can see there is not any problem to find other supplier, but it cost time...So hope they will take this to their hearth and start doing customer service better way (i am also quite angry that i got different lights than i ordered and payed, we will see how they will solve this for me) so we can keep our cooperation....
Last thing - customer service is not telling customer what he has to understand, but it should be helping customer solve problem, that your company cause to him...this is customer service. When I make mistake in my company, customer always gets some extra, ALWAYS.....

When i am reading all of this now, i will really wait how all of this (inc. my problem with different lights sent)will be solved before my next order...

About that threating - dont worry, there are soooo many light manufacturers in Shenzen in competition that everyone will be lucky to start doing bizz with you (personal experience). I am quite sure, that if lucy will notify them to not cooperate with you, 90% of them will send you bizz proposal, so this is really funny
I have very similar experience cooperating with Lucy, she made mistake, but finally i payed for it and listen only words like "you have to understand"
About misinformation - As i told i ordered 2pcs 144x5w and get 144x3 without any notification. Sooo we agreed with MH that we will wait little while than i will be back from my surgery and if lights will not be sold, they will replace them or credit them. After that i read on this forum that reflector 5w are available in EU stock. So i contacted Sara to ask if they will replace them as they promised. I get answer that 5w reflectors are not available in EU, although is mentioned here several times they are. So i really dont know now what to think.....

Sooooo, i think MH should really take time to think about way, they are wanting to do bizz in future....you can be building your name for years and you can destroy it in 5min.....its only up to them

Everybody makes mistakes, but only clever one will take something from that and will not do it again.

Sorry for my english....

:thanks:Tucker, :cheer:
We don't send yoyo along with the light. The light only comes with the hanging kit. :cheer:
Please don't worry, it will not be sagging. If you have any problems during growing, feel free to post here.:circle-of-love:
Sara, I just receive my 3 X 96 reflector yesterday. Very nice quality. Will I be getting the yoyo's separately, they weren't in the box. Is this light prone to the ''sagging reflector" problem we're reading about in this thread?

Hey WhiteBoyBrian. Nice crop. Did you follow directions with this light and use 18"-24" spacing. Use the veg/flower switch as directed? Would you do anything differently the next time? Do you feel the light was adequate for your size grow? Did the light perform as you expected and would you buy the light again? Thanks

Munchies, yesterday we are trying to refund the money, but here is what we get. There is no Refund Option.
We have called manager of Paypal today. According to him, only Paypal staff in America can process it, so we need wait until the staff in American goes to work.
555FA3E944C762A6DCC8F49428254E02E33180DAEF2BC720D6_pimgpsh_fullsize_distr_.png

View image in gallery

As for Lucy, I need to tell you more about her. She is about five years younger than me and maybe the youngest in our company. Young as she is, she is among the most hard-working staff. I am not exagerating. I am not defending for her. I am telling the truth.

The Website orders are within her responsiblity. Many customers will order at our website and come across
many petty issues, such as unsuccessful payment, pending payment and Internet failure and the like. She is the one who will help customers to deal with all kinds of these problems. I believe, some growers here have been served by her. Sometimes, because of time lag, she will solve problems for customers at midnight. Her rigorious
work attitude truly deserves my best compliments.

Actually, many of our staff work behind the scene and don't have the platform to let you know her as I do. Even
in our whole life, we meet many people and only know a few of them. People passes by us and we also become
passer-by in their lives. It will take time to fully understand one person. If you trust me, please treat her fairly. She will also check the posts. It will discourage her so much to see these words. Lucy is a very good staff. I will give her my highest recommendation.

For Lucy's attitude in this particular issue, I apoplogize for her. I have talked with her. It's an unpleasant conversation from both of your sides. Both of your emotions are agitated. The pressure Lucy faces must be
very high. She couldn't control the time UPS solve the problem. Then customer is anxious to know the result she couldn't give. Anyway, she need to control herself and adjust her emotions as a customer service representative.
As I said before, this is a great chance for her to make improvements. I believe, all of you will give her a second chance, right?

hey sara

Just wanted to update you on how things are going with my refund through Lucy. This is customer service at the highest level if you ask me ( complete sarcasm )

2015-06-30
Me: I called UPS last week and they told me they contacted you. I am in Ohio and according to the tracking info the package is in Illinois, so it is not at my local Fed Ex.... it's being sent through UPS, and its in a completely different state. This is not my problem, I told you in my previous e-mails that I do not want the light, I just want my refund. I need your company to fix this.

Tue, 30 Jun 2015
Lucy: It's not our fault too, you know it, we will only refund you after we received the light.

Wed, 1 Jul 2015
Me: Don't forget to send my refund today like Sara told you to.

Thanks

Wed,1 Jul 2015
Lucy: Would you please show some respect? It's UPS fault. Please make sense.

July 1st
Me: All I'm interested in is getting my money back. Sara told me last night on 420 mag forums that she told you to refund my money. Here is the quote "Anyway, I have asked Lucy to refund the money to you." So that's what i am expecting you to do.

So would you please show some respect and give me my money back like you were told to do so.

Thanks Again.

July 1st
Lucy: Do you know we are in China. It evening in China. We off our work. And the refund need the financial department to do, not me. I'm go to bed now.

July 1st
Me: I'm fully aware where you are, Why would Sara say she told you to refund the money if you are unable to do so ? Sound like more lies to me. Can you send me the email for your financial department then so i can actually get my money back. Since it seems like you are not going to do anything at all about it. If my refund isn't done when you are "back to work" then i will contact Sara again. I'm sure she would be happy to read through our emails and see how rude you have been. You owe me for a product i never received. Stop blaming UPS and take some accountability for yourself.

July 1st
Lucy: You should watch your behavior , sara on 420 just my colleague , hope you can see that, not boss. Our company know you now know your behavior. We will refund, of course we will do, our company will never ever to do business with you, also I should aware all the LED company. You will have no choice to get back to HPS. No company would like to do business with you.

And you know what if you show some respect in you early emails, I will definitely to refund immediately. But now you belong to after sale department business, wait for the financial department to refund. Email me will do no use.

July 1st
Me: Well your behavior has been documented now on 420 magazine. I have copied and pasted our conversation so the 420 community can be fully aware on how you treat your customers who need a refund. Funny how a colleague of yours would refer me to you, so you could take care of my refund but you are stating you won't do it.

hopefully posting my experience on 420 will save other people from having to deal with you.

Go ahead and "also I should aware all the LED company. You will have no choice to get back to HPS." Because i don't plan on buying any lights from china ever again.

July 1st
Lucy Ok good luck to you. I'm not afraid your post. As I know barly no one respond your post now. And people on 420 know how you unreasonable are. And you should know, 99% leds are made in China. So you barely have no choice. Some idoit thinks the LED made in USA, actually it's made in china. We will refund you till the tracking number shows: damaged. Because it still shows on the way. Any post will highly welcome on 420, it can bring us more topic, thank you. No reply, go to sleep.

--Hope everyone can see how they really treat customers. They will jump through hoops and do anything you ask as long as you make a purchase. But god forbid you need a refund you get treated like this. I will never recommend this company to anyone after getting emails like this.

This is the worst customer service i ever had. I don't know where Mars has gotten the reputation for their customer service when they treat you like this

Hopefully sharing this will be able to show people the truth and they decide to spend their money elsewhere. I know i would not buy from this company if i had all this information before i unfortunately made mine

Absolutely disgusting. If I ever receive emails like that I would never do business with that company again and I too would make other people aware. That person should be fired if they are in a customer service position and that is how they respond to customers. In all fairness I have never had a problem sofar with my lights, but if this is the level of service I can expect I'm worried. I hope Sara can rectify this situation for you ASAP. Unfortunate sequences of events should never be laid at the customers feet like that, and the threat to make other LED suppliers aware of you is suspect, morally objectionable and downright dangerous if she continues down that path, who would she be prepared to contact next just to get her own back on you? Like I said, absolutely disgusting, in bad taste and very dangerous. All the best TheMunchies, I'd advise you to run as far from this company as you can.

I have to agree with Kriaze. I am a Mars-Hydro supporter, but, this is unacceptable. There was no reason for her to respond in that way at all. As a matter of fact, she shouldn't have replied at all. After hours, from home, with that kind of response is unnecessary. I am sorry that you are going though this Muchies. Hopefully when Sara and the powers that be at Mars-Hydro read this, it will be dealt with. :peace:

That's my plan bud, If Lucy doesn't want to do her job then I'm going to bring it to every ones attention.

Hopefully Sara will be able to do something about it. Because Lucy obviously couldn't care less

Oh, Munchie! That really is terrible treatment! I have only ever dealt with Sara, thankfully. I would be livid! I'm so sorry this is happening to you. :sorry:
for 1 bad customer service experience .... they have thousands of good ones

tyvm for sharing us your bad experiences, it really help us ......

but i want to tell to everyone that i got problem with my first light and the problem was solve perfectly and fast. for me, customr service was very very good .... and i bought 4 more lights after that

dont worry gang ..... maybe they are not perfect but you have 99% chance to get a good light .... and after that you have 99% to get good service if you have problems.

for every 1 bad experience .... there is thousands of good ones

Lucy is not Mars Hydro .... never had to deal with her, maybe im lucky lol

I agree. I too have had a couple issues that have been dealt with quickly and efficiently. My experience I give them an A. That being said, Lucy's response was inappropriate at the least. :peace:

Wow... Morning Sara....:circle-of-love:

Morning Dennise, Sara here is , I read all today. how are you ? I am fine, just very busy days:)

Of course at least I understand Sara, I work tech support and that involves alot of customer service. I try to provide the best service I can but some people make it very difficult and while I agree that she could have responded better no one should be judged based off of one bad report when we can see emotions were running high on both sides. I hope you and Lucy are doing well and hope things continue to improve!!!

Thanks for your support. :cheer:
I've never had an issue. Sara has given me nothing but excellent service. She cheers us on, answers questions and even stops by our journals! And I really love my lights!!! That being said, Munchies treatment shouldn't be minimized just because we think it almost never happens. Lights break, or can be faulty. Shipping can get screwed up, but the way she spoke to him was not okay.

Arellanobrian, thank you for the understanding! We will do better!:high-five:
agreed i have never had a bad experience with marshydro but to say that it never happens would be a serious delusion, all companys have issues no matter how great they are to the majority. it sounds like this is def one of those instances i hope that things will work out in the end :Namaste:

Hi Sara thanks for sorting that issue for me :thumb:
and i hope everyone gets all their problems sorted correctly and with due promptness
everyone have a pipe cone bong or watever tickles your fancy , find relaxation and a peaceful solution shall present itself
i believe if everything is handle accordingly and in a polite manner everyone will be fine and back to Happily and Merrily growing and sharing your pride and joys about to wanting eyes peace :) :Namaste:

:cheer:DrVoo, thanks for these words. Yes, you are writing here because you still trust us for which I appreciate it very much. :love:
Lucy shouldn't attend customers with attitudes, no matter what the reason is. I apologize for her. She has very good attitudes towards work. I believe she will also become better in communication and English language. Some meanings are easy to understand if it's in Chinese, but when we express them in English, the meaning may be different. :cheer: I am also learning everyday. My English is much better, because of you guys helping me.:love:

I can understand DarkSidofMike's point. Every month, we sell thousands of lights and receive good remarks and bad remarks. Here, I want to thank all the good remarks. You are the main drive for us. For bad remarks, we will not classify them as small probability events and ingore them. For every single one, we will treat them seriously and make improvements. That's why we are keeping exploring better lights for our customers, from our Old mode 100x3w, UFO 180w to 3w Reflector, 5w MarsII. Now we will soon launch Cree light. All these improvements are from our dear customers who push us forward. DrVoo, please still hold hope for us and we will
work this out in the end. :circle-of-love:

If we were not trusting in better future, we wouldnt have written it here. We all hope they will understand that this behavior is really not normal in EU or USA or where ever civilised part of world. I think that it cost almost nothing to retrieve the faults they made, compared to their income. so why they are not doing it ? If its employe cause, fire him, if its company policy how to maximize profit, change it or you will be doing biz for short time. Still there is chance they will learn from this and in future they will be really one of the bests....we will all see.....

You know, am absolutelly not able to understand how can Lucy tell customer how to behave....if my employe would behave like this, he would be fired in seconds....my customer is my boss and when i am make mistake, i always apologize for that and give customer some extra to stay him with our company and not making bad reputation, because customers always share bad experiences everywhere. They are not much caring about their fault (in my case), only answer you get is "you have to understand". If I would note this on EU chamber of commerce, they wouldnt sell a simple light in EU in future, maybe they are not understanding law....but its not my way, i prefer coop before fight, so hope they will replace or credit lights i didnt order, because its only thing i need and i think that its not such a big problem to solve...

BTW THeMunchies - the answer is really crazyness, sooo arogant, so rude, please let me know how all of this were solved....it quite important for my bizz and bizz of my partners in EU

Thank you! We will!:cheer:
mars hydro expended very fast in the last years, maybe months ..... im sure they will be better and better in the futur and they will learn of theirs errors, i have no doubt

:thanks:

:cheer:Nice Pic and Great Grow, you are doing a great job!:thumb:
Quick update of the lady's in day 42 of flower, i know there is some yellowing with the plant on the right side but that is all grower error and sorry about the shakiness of the vid i had to film really quickly as i had a very busy day but hope it helps people see what they could be capable of with a little more experience then me :Namaste:

DSCN03438.JPG
DSCN034411.JPG
DSCN034611.JPG
DSCN03476.JPG
DSCN034810.JPG
DSCN034914.JPG
DSCN03509.JPG
DSCN035111.JPG
DSCN03528.JPG
DSCN03549.JPG
DSCN03608.JPG
DSCN03639.JPG
DSCN03599.JPG

there are more pics i just pick the best ones for this forum so if you wanna check the rest out feel free to check the link in my signature!!

:cheer: Tucker, we will learn the lesson and become better.:circle-of-love:
I'm wondering at what point 420Mag would drop them from sponsorship. Probably never, we need the money to keep the lights on?

Thanks!:circle-of-love:
I think that is a bit over the top. Not to belittle the troubles that a few are having, they are problems. But the majority of people have had no issues and love their lights. Let's hope Sara and her superiors remedy the few unfortunate situations. :peace:

Munchies, we are processing the refund for you. Please don't worry. We need to wait until the Paypal staff in America start working. Only them can deal with it. :cheer:

I'm glad some people are here and participating in conversation with my issue, which has been going on for far too long.

I'm just trying to show how I was treated when I asked for my refund to be sent. Then the audacity of a employee ( of a company sponsored by this website... Yikes) calling me an idiot and saying they are going to blacklist me from all other LED companies, that I should watch my behavior, and that they don't care if I come here and post my experience on this forum so the community can see how I've been treated, and how they are handling my situation.

Which I can do nothing but sit and wait because I do not have the product to send back my self. UPS has contacted MH because the package had been destroyed in a train de-railment during the shipping process. Which is all stated on the tracking information page if Lucy would have even bothered to look.

Congratulations to all of you who have had zero issues with this company. It looks like all the problems you didn't have, found me instead.

Thanks, arellanobrian. We are staff in the company and customers when go shopping. I can understand the feeling Munchies has. We will work it out in the end.:circle-of-love:

Sorry man like I said that sounds like a 1 in a million situation and I work for a very big internet company and my loved ones including myself have never had any issues with said company but the supervisor calls i get make it seem like the company is the devil. So like i said i feel you because ive been there and i hope things work out in the end but one bad experience (and a unique one at that) is no reason to say that they are a bad company or have horrible customer service :Namaste:

Thank you, Graytail.:circle-of-love:
Yes, ther are many ways to speak to people and many words we can choose to do so. Communication is an art we need to learn for a lifetime. Cross-cultural communication makes it more difficult.

Hmmm ... :hmmmm:

There is a kind of American that thinks if he's really really rude, and makes a big scene, spouting unfounded accusations, he'll get his way, and often he does. I dislike that kind of customer, and I don't want his business.

There are many ways to speak to people and many words you can choose to do so. When you make it obvious that you don't intend to show another person respect, it reduces your chances of getting their eager cooperation. A lot of people already know that - others have to learn, sometimes very slowly.

But it does make a nice dramatic scene, if that's what you really want, instead.

I've read this thread from the beginning and Mars-Hydro is a company that stands behind its products and services as well as any others.

:thanks:
agreed man im all for fair play but there are people that are unreasonable and seem to make things difficult for the sake of being difficult. I dont know whats going on with anyone but when you give a kinda crazy story with someone that seems to be difficult I have learned that it is hard to work with those people. I dont mean to make any accusations at all and im sure there have been many problems with marshydro in the time that they have been a company but you really have to take everything into consideration

Munchies, we tried to refund you the money yesterday but failed to do so. Now, we have contacted the Paypal manager and will refund you soon. :circle-of-love:
Yes i'm an american who made a purchase may 26th, had to pay to send my initial purchase back on Jun 11th because they were defective, never received the replacement light and has had UPS contact the sender Jun 24th because the replacement was broken during shipping. Then i was told by Sara today at July 1st 2:56 A.M Eastern, that she spoke to Lucy and said to refund my money. And that is where the emails begin. I emailed her first thing when i finally saw Sara agreed upon my refund.

These are all facts
zero "unfounded accusations"

Call me unreasonable all you want, I just want my money back, move on and never look back.

Yup, you keep telling them you're not a customer and never will be. Good thinkin'. :thumb: :;): :rollingeyes:

Thank you. :thumb:
Cool man no one is saying anything but speculations based off the info we have I have no idea what happened and I really hope that whatever happened gets fixed but we are all entitled to our opinions. We will all take this into consideration in the future and if it seems like the company continues to have this type of interactions im sure most people will be able to make an educated decision on whether they will go with them in the future. I ment no disrespect just speculating based off my own experiences and I have always hoped you end up getting whatever it is you were after. Glad to see that Sara seems to be able to get something done if the proper information was given to them, she is awesome :high-five:

Yes. DrVoo, thanks for your adivce. We will learn from this lesson and be better. Please hold hope for us.:circle-of-love:

Man, i think you will finally get your refund, dont think they are company that take money for nothing...but you showed us (and my personal experience also) that there are things to improve in future on their side....hope they will really think about it....

but that final answer you got is inacceptable..for sure

Back
Top Bottom