Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I like warranties as they give me purchasing peace of mind but honestly I cannot remember the last time I tried to use one. I look at LEDs like I do computers, buy the best I can afford and expect it to be out-dated by better tech in 2 years and expect it to be redundant in 3 years. Personally I don't feel LEDs are on the top of many radars as it is a niche market. What I mean by that is LEDs cater to indoor gardeners which is not a very large market presently. I think as more states become legal, indoor lighting will be looked at more and more. I'm not saying that legalization is responsible for the failure or success of the lighting industry but legalization does bring industry needs to the forefront casting public attention and making entrepreneurs aware of the markets needs. I expect name brand companies in the lighting industry to start looking at grow light technology in the near future. Hopefully this will lead to some great advancements in the industry.

I am about to order my lights but need some hanging ratchet type " Yo Yo's" and I cant find them on the site. I have bought them from Mars-Hydro before and they work well.

Just wanted to pop in and tell Sara, THANK YOU! My 96x5 reflector light arrived today (wasn't due until Monday) so I have a whole extra weekend to play with it!

It's a quality piece of equipment, and the box and labels were super stealthy, which I appreciate.

I've got it set up now and I hope my girls are enjoying it, but I wanted to share just one photo:

IMG_59837.jpg

CannaCat likes it too :)

Thank you, Sara, for the outstanding service -- this is my first real grow light and you made purchasing it very easy.

I was looking for a grow tent on the MH website and noticed that, no matter the size, the "details" always indicate 2'3" x 2'3" x 5'3"!! Looks like a copy/paste operation without the necessary edits (I've frequently done that sort of thing myself accidentally when in a hurry). Can someone take a look at the 3'11" and 4'9" tent descriptions and update those details? I need a big effin' tent soon. Thank you kindly Ms Sarah.

Hi Golden, you can start from 18" and move it closer gradually.:high-five:
One the subject of the addition of a UVB bulb. Do you have any suggestions on how far the bulb should be from the top of plant the canopy?

:circle-of-love: hi 58guy, thanks, two Reflector144 will work well in the tent.:Namaste:
The new site looks great. Getting very close to pulling the trigger on your 47'x47'x78' tent with 2 of the 144x5s to use inside of it. Anyone already doing this?

Super is correct, very simple job, it could also be one or two of the LEDs in that sector, more than likely the warm whites, I have just serviced my 700w M2 for that very reason, also a relatively simple job.
But definitely do as suggested with the photos, the warranty process is quite smooth if you provide everything the MH team needs, I dealt with Sean, he was very thorough.

n watch yur humidity keep her under 80% . I think temp fluctuation over 10degree F in high humidity MAY
create water beads inside unit and then shorts out circuits etc.

Does a 120x5 watt full spectrum need down time to cool off or can you just plug it in and run it 24 hours a day for constant flowering?

Although it isn't not recommended, for flowering. There have been some "owners" who have ran a MarsHydro LED unit for 24 hours a day without needing to be cooled down like a metal halide or high pressure sodium lighting unit does.

I only want to see if continuous 24 hours will harm the light. My idea is to construct two tents side by side with panda film and moving the light from one tent to the other every 12 hours.

:circle-of-love: hello Kriaze, thanks for the understanding. We have checked many companies warranty procedure and come up with ours. The reason of changing the warranty is through comprehensive consideration.:cheesygrinsmiley: Before we had three years warranty and had not made the procedures in details as this one. Some customers, as some of you may noticed, bashed us for petty problem and even "threatened" us.:blushsmile: And in their eyes, our lights are supposed to take all the responsibility for the failure of grow, because we offer three years warranty and we are here. They asked for unreasonable return or refund even after one year, asked for free light with several leds burnt and asked for new light without previous light return. :byebye::byebye:To them, we offer three years warranty, so during this warranty, they have the right to ask everything for free. We are here, so if they don't get what they want, they can criticize us freely and slander us unreasonably. This is truly hurt. The main reason causing this situation is due to the lack of detailed warranty.:geek: Thus, we decide to reduce and specify the warranty. With the implementation of the new warranty, the after-sales service will be excuted more smoothly, professionally and fairly. :hug::hug:
I had a look at your site Sara and I'm impressed. The one thing I do wonder about is the warranty changes though, only two years compared to three and paying for return shipping after 3 months sounds like something akin to buying from Amazon rather than directly from a manufacturer. Not such a biggie with the shipping costs, some companies charge within the first year and some don't, at your price level I could understand those costs but could I ask why you now offer a two year warranty instead of three? That was the one thing that has always clinched the deal for me, I loved the fact that I had some form of warranty for three years. All the best :thumb:

Just put 18 into flowering tonight under 3 X 1200w Marshydro II in a 4x8 tent , should return a good result:)
Using coco fiber and canna nutes in 2 gallon pots , temps stay at 84f
Strains are Pac 10 and sour kush
image366.jpeg
image365.jpeg

:circle-of-love: haha, thanks for the kind words. It seems you all like them. That's really good!:party::party: Camelion, yes, in the first year after three months, you need to pay for the shipping fee. The cost is not high. Camelion, we are manufacturer and sell the light direct to the end customers. There is no mark-up prices so the light price is affordable. We don't have much profit margin. Thus, we have to make the warranty procedure more specific. We also check the other company's procudures. They charges twice and and three times for the light and still charges for the repair and parts fee, let alone freight. Please don't worry, the labor and repair cost is not high. :circle-of-love:
Nice work and website looks very professional! Damn just know the previous site in and out, must start again now :D
Made up my mind for 98% wich to buy and now that new light... looks very nice, but not a big problem for me, because the price is to high. :(

I find the warranty a bit strange... Why writing 2 years warranty, when you have 3 months and after, you must pay for sending light, if you dont repair it yourself....., the second year is even worse? Thats not realy 2 years warranty from my point of view?

Back
Top Bottom