Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Haha, no wonder you are so sharp.:thumb:
I'm very thorough, I looked through all the lights, tents, specs and about me info. A few times when I saw something interesting I looked through the source code to see how they did certain things. I'm easily amused. :)

:laugh:Haha, I wish I had grown something so I can show you.:angel: Why empty the tent?

It's not legal where I am. Not as dangerous as setting up the tent in your spare bedroom in China, but scary enough. (which is half the fun)

It will be empty a few days before I put in the little ladies that I started from seed that I bred myself from crossing a reversed female Ultimate Purple with several of my other strains from the first grow. I'm excited to see how they turn out. SO far, so good, all eleven are female and healthy. Hopefully they'll be extra special because they will be the "Christmas buds" I gift my toker friends.

I love growing things and do it mostly for the fun of it. It's interesting to see just what I can do.

When those come out the tent and light will be packed up and stored in my public storage unit until I come back from the Philippines.

:laugh: yeah, I couldn't fall into sleep if the tent is set up in the house. I will wait for you pictures. You can be brave. :)Anyway, you are going to Philippines.:slide::slide:
It's not legal where I am. Not as dangerous as setting up the tent in your spare bedroom in China, but scary enough. (which is half the fun)

It will be empty a few days before I put in the little ladies that I started from seed that I bred myself from crossing a reversed female Ultimate Purple with several of my other strains from the first grow. I'm excited to see how they turn out. SO far, so good, all eleven are female and healthy. Hopefully they'll be extra special because they will be the "Christmas buds" I gift my toker friends.

I love growing things and do it mostly for the fun of it. It's interesting to see just what I can do.

When those come out the tent and light will be packed up and stored in my public storage unit until I come back from the Philippines.

:hug: haha, we will add the combo promos and plan for the the rest.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Along with combo promos and the addition of a 4x8 tent model? :) and fan/ filter combis? and, and.......

:thumb: it will also work.:cheesygrinsmiley:

One the subject of the addition of a UVB bulb. Do you have any suggestions on how far the bulb should be from the top of plant the canopy?

The new site looks great. Getting very close to pulling the trigger on your 47'x47'x78' tent with 2 of the 144x5s to use inside of it. Anyone already doing this?

I had a look at your site Sara and I'm impressed. The one thing I do wonder about is the warranty changes though, only two years compared to three and paying for return shipping after 3 months sounds like something akin to buying from Amazon rather than directly from a manufacturer. Not such a biggie with the shipping costs, some companies charge within the first year and some don't, at your price level I could understand those costs but could I ask why you now offer a two year warranty instead of three? That was the one thing that has always clinched the deal for me, I loved the fact that I had some form of warranty for three years. All the best :thumb:

Nice work and website looks very professional! Damn just know the previous site in and out, must start again now :D
Made up my mind for 98% wich to buy and now that new light... looks very nice, but not a big problem for me, because the price is to high. :(

I find the warranty a bit strange... Why writing 2 years warranty, when you have 3 months and after, you must pay for sending light, if you dont repair it yourself....., the second year is even worse? Thats not realy 2 years warranty from my point of view?

The new site looks great. Getting very close to pulling the trigger on your 47'x47'x78' tent with 2 of the 144x5s to use inside of it. Anyone already doing this?

I have a 4'x4' tent I am running (2) 144x5w reflectors in.... I currently have a White Widow and (2) auto Super Lemon Haze inside.... I love my M-H and I'm a real person....:yahoo: I also veg under a 96x3w and 48x3w reflector and just replaced (2) Mars II 400's with the second of the 144x5w reflectors to see which I like best... I love my Mars II's but I like the footprint of the reflectors so I am going to try it out this way....:circle-of-love:

Very nice work on the new site, MarsHydro has come a long way in a short time. You are offering quality merchandise at a very reasonable price. Unless I missed something in the last 1181 pages I can't remember reading of anyone with an older unit that has failed.Generally it has been a new unit with low hours which has been immediately taken care of, two years of warranty seems more than fair from my stand point. Thanks for a quality product and quality service. Maybe some growers will share how many hours of non stop use they have used their lights? Who has turned their light on and left it on since day one? Who holds the record?

Very nice work on the new site, MarsHydro has come a long way in a short time. You are offering quality merchandise at a very reasonable price. Unless I missed something in the last 1181 pages I can't remember reading of anyone with an older unit that has failed.Generally it has been a new unit with low hours which has been immediately taken care of, two years of warranty seems more than fair from my stand point. Thanks for a quality product and quality service. Maybe some growers will share how many hours of non stop use they have used their lights? Who has turned their light on and left it on since day one? Who holds the record?

There are a couple of instances of older units failing but I'm not going to read through all these pages again to pull one out lol. If two years warranty is good enough for you, great. It's a bit of a stickler for me though as I prefer the older warranty (definitely not the first warranty though which was void if you left a negative review of their product, that was changed in the earlier days though thankfully) which gave me three years peace of mind.

Will it stop me buying from Mars Hydro? That depends. With the price of the Mars II and Reflectors (I prefer the Mars II to the Reflectors after owning both types) as they are then no, it wouldn't stop me buying again. But on the other hand when we're going well over the $1000 mark for the newer lights then definitely! If I was to invest in a 'Pro' light at a 'Pro' price then I definitely would want a three years warranty. It has to be a matter of perspective though, other people may think nothing of throwing $1200+ at each light whereas for me I'm a personal grower and if I invested in that then I would definitely want the full three years warranty that I'm used to having when purchasing from Mars-Hydro.

I respect everyone's opinion so long as it doesn't infringe upon my own right to an opinion, but I'd really like to hear the reason why it has been reduced from Sara though, as only she will be able to explain the exact reason why. I'm hoping it's not because the expected lifetime of the units (or those remotes) is now less than it was with the Mars II series. I don't like the idea of the remotes, as previously mentioned they are just another point of possible failure without really bringing too much to the mix, if they're the reason why the units have a years less warranty then they're definitely bringing nothing worthwhile onto the scene.

I really wanted one of the new lights too, but only when they're making them without all the extra bells and whistles that don't appeal to me. Their price point would need to be a lot lower than they are now though to entice me to buy with only a two year warranty. It just seems a backwards step to take in my view.

I respect your opinion, we all have our own reasons for doing things. I found this site while researching LED lights and I have read every page of the now 1182 as of now, and I don't remember reading about any failures on older long term use fixtures. In fact most complaints came from low post first time buyers who found out there was nothing wrong at all. The ones with actual problems were taken care of in a reasonable length of time, in my opinion. One thing I can say with certainty, I haven't seen a fixture yet that couldn't pay for it self with the first harvest:)

This is a pic of my first grow (2 SSH) in coco under 3 MH 3*96 reflectors. The plant on the left has been stunted the whole time and they both look a little crappy. But I'm a newb and made many first timer mistakes...but I'm learning. Anyway, I cut a small bud this morning and did a quick dry on it and WTF, it's really good. I'm going to let them go another week and then harvest. Thanks for reading and sharing! And yes, I'm a real person. :blushsmile:

grow61.jpg

Back
Top Bottom