Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hi Sara,

I apologise if the questions I am about to post are in this thread already but it's such a big thread it's often hard to keep up :thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

1) will the epistar 160 be available in the UK soon? When I order does it ship from China or from UK stock?

2) how would the epistar 160 compare to x2 96x5 reflector series lights?

3) on your website the single lights 48x5 are not there. I know stock ran out in the US but are they available to order through you in the UK?

I think that's it for now :thumb: I am happy with our dealings so far and so are my girls!

If I can, I want to put out another questuon for the community too.

The new Mars that is in the way had switch for bloom and switch for veg.

If I have veg switch only on them is it using only the blue lights meaning less power?

And if I have both switches on then it is running all and using full power?

Or are the diodes actually capable of producing different colors depending on which switches are turned on and it runs full power all the time?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sara,
LOOK OUT!!!
LOOK BEHIND YOU!!!
The inanimate objects are coming for youuuuuuu....
Wake up Sara, Wake up. It is only a Nightmare Dream!!!!
Whew!!!
:slide: I have ever been attacked by inanimate objects, weird. Now feel so relieved to know it has a name.:dreamy:

If I can, I want to put out another questuon for the community too.

The new Mars that is in the way had switch for bloom and switch for veg.

If I have veg switch only on them is it using only the blue lights meaning less power?

And if I have both switches on then it is running all and using full power?

Or are the diodes actually capable of producing different colors depending on which switches are turned on and it runs full power all the time?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Yes it uses the blue lights and others go out. If you also look at the figures Mars put up on each individual light it will give you the stats of power with each switch used.

That's why I'm trying to figure how much improve I get with 2 96x5 over the epistar 160 because at that point on watts alone I get lost.... Need a PAR man to come in on this lol

I definitely see a difference between older 144*3 and 144*5.
Is there any difference between Mars 2 and reflector Series as far as spectrum or brightness?
For example is a 144*5 just as powerful as lets say Mars 2 600 so nice the wattage is almost the same?

I definitely see a difference between older 144*3 and 144*5.
Is there any difference between Mars 2 and reflector Series as far as spectrum or brightness?
For example is a 144*5 just as powerful as lets say Mars 2 600 so nice the wattage is almost the same?

the diodes in the reflector are spaced further apart so less intesity but better conerage so is good for vegging are grow styles like SCROGs. mars 2 offers the more intense light so is your best best for blooming with minimal training but has less conerage (i still recommend a SCROG personally)

PS: refector 144x5 and mars2 700 pull about the same wattage, when i ran my tests they were both between 310-320 watts

The new Mars has a different set of LEDs then the one I bought 6 months ago. The new one is much brighter in the red spectrum, or the other ones have just faded. It is likely the red LEDs are just fading from use. I am excited to see how the Cree XP-E2 red LEDs look after I install them.

The two in the back are 6 month old Mars II 400 watt panels, the one on the front right is the new Mars II 400 and the one on the front left is a 6 month old Mars II 700 watt panel. So compare the 400 watt panels and you will see a huge difference.

Sara, are the old LEDs just getting old or are the new LEDs just a different style from Epistar?

image34669.jpg

The photo doesn't show it as well as in person, but if you look at the front right plant you can see it has much stronger and more red light shining on it compared to the other 3 plants.

image34670.jpg

:thanks: thanks for sharing, Gnarl.:party: It's Mars-Hydro Family. Gnarl, when you travel to China next time, tell me in advance and I will prepare one for you.:circle-of-love:

My guess is Sara is the one in front of the line, followed by Lucy etc down the chain wit the cogs in the back Ha ha.

No grey hairs there , so young and vibrant!

Which one is Ruby?
The 4th from the front?
She is the one I emailed a lot and she tested my (3) sets of MarsPro lights before mailing them to me..
My guess is Sara is the one in front of the line, followed by Lucy etc down the chain wit the cogs in the back Ha ha.

No grey hairs there , so young and vibrant!

hey guys , did some body test the hydro mars 300W ? the WHITE ONE .
i only see it on ebay or amazon ,but not on the hydro website ,
they claim that the lamp its a 5wchipled (60x5) ,thats right ?
for the price thay seem to be a nice lamp
y ask already Too hydro mars but i didnt got a response yet :Namaste:

I also use two of the 60x5's. The plants love them

This kinda sounds a little "dirty old man" to me.

Look at the bone structure, so solid and youthful! :/

I'm assuming this is tongue in cheek. If not then don't be so quick to judge, the internet has a way of being cold and what should be seen as humour can often be misconceived as something else. No bashing ;)

They are not on the hydro site because those are "old models" which they don't officially sell and support any more, only on ebay.
I have two of them. I think those are decent lights for the price and mine (I have two) run without problems for 6-7 months now.

image2209.jpeg

I took a quick pic before the lights turned off today , I have the 4x 1200w turn off an hour before the Mars pro 320 , then it dims slowly for the next hour , fading to more red as it does

I'm assuming this is tongue in cheek. If not then don't be so quick to judge, the internet has a way of being cold and what should be seen as humour can often be misconceived as something else. No bashing ;)

No, no bashing. The way things come out in written language is almost always misinterpreted, so a little word play was applied.

But thinkin about it on the flip side, I don't think it could be bashing if it was the other way around. This would be because, if the first comment really was creepy, then it should be called out as such. That wouldn't be bashing, it would just be saying "hey,that is wrong". I think bashing would require calling out someone for something that is not wrong, and if it was creepy it would indeed have been wrong. But since it was not supposed to be creepy, it was just a funny sounding statement and which is why word play was so timely.

Maybe I am over thinking this?? :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom