Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:thanks: thank you arellanobrian. :love::love::love:
the diodes in the reflector are spaced further apart so less intesity but better conerage so is good for vegging are grow styles like SCROGs. mars 2 offers the more intense light so is your best best for blooming with minimal training but has less conerage (i still recommend a SCROG personally)

PS: refector 144x5 and mars2 700 pull about the same wattage, when i ran my tests they were both between 310-320 watts

I have 6 Mar II 1200 they work great for growing the only problem is they don't last all 6 of mine have 10 to 16 burned bulbs. the guarantee suck they send you parts say its easy to repair not the case. send you video to watch how to fix can not even understand because audio is so bad. I would never buy again. Cheap price cheap light. BTW i have been growing with Leds for 7 years now and have had better luck with hydroponic hut pg550 had these lights for 6 years and still using them to this day and much better warranty service Mars Hydro warranty service sucks.

Heat is the enemy with electronics, fan upgrades would help with lifespan issues. Leds being epistar, cree or whomever are pretty tuff but they cant take heat or moisture.
I'm looking for fans that double the cfm but fit in the case. A little more noise may happen but not a problem for my system. I'm sure you folks have heat problems. Maybe mars doesn't use enuf heatsink ? so more fan would help.

Haha, we are full of energy!:cheer:
My guess is Sara is the one in front of the line, followed by Lucy etc down the chain wit the cogs in the back Ha ha.

No grey hairs there , so young and vibrant!

:cheesygrinsmiley:wow, sharp eyes.:thumb:
Which one is Ruby?
The 4th from the front?
She is the one I emailed a lot and she tested my (3) sets of MarsPro lights before mailing them to me..

:circle-of-love: hi King, we changed the spectrum. Reduce some white, add some blue, reduce 630nm and add 660nm. And now our white diodes are the warm white rather than cold white. :circle-of-love:
The new Mars has a different set of LEDs then the one I bought 6 months ago. The new one is much brighter in the red spectrum, or the other ones have just faded. It is likely the red LEDs are just fading from use. I am excited to see how the Cree XP-E2 red LEDs look after I install them.

The two in the back are 6 month old Mars II 400 watt panels, the one on the front right is the new Mars II 400 and the one on the front left is a 6 month old Mars II 700 watt panel. So compare the 400 watt panels and you will see a huge difference.

Sara, are the old LEDs just getting old or are the new LEDs just a different style from Epistar?

image34669.jpg

The photo doesn't show it as well as in person, but if you look at the front right plant you can see it has much stronger and more red light shining on it compared to the other 3 plants.

image34670.jpg

I have 6 Mar II 1200 they work great for growing the only problem is they don't last all 6 of mine have 10 to 16 burned bulbs. the guarantee suck they send you parts say its easy to repair not the case. send you video to watch how to fix can not even understand because audio is so bad. I would never buy again. Cheap price cheap light. BTW i have been growing with Leds for 7 years now and have had better luck with hydroponic hut pg550 had these lights for 6 years and still using them to this day and much better warranty service Mars Hydro warranty service sucks.

Only 47 more posts and you can pm Sweet Sara HHeeee hheeee hheee.

Seems like we are getting a lot of trolls . I have it on good authority that MH weed RULES!

Cat fish, did they send any spare drivers? LOL hope they work out ok for you. I was going to buy the big Cree but chickened out. I am going to be buying a few hundred LED lights soon for my clients and my reputation will be on the wire.

20151030_194828.jpg

20151030_194818.jpg

Ok hooked up one Cree128 in the bedroom. Wow so bright. Blinded me. Lit up the whole bedroom. Imagine 3 hooked up.

looks awesome!! I'll be heading over to your journal when I get a chance

Cat fish, did they send any spare drivers? LOL hope they work out ok for you. I was going to buy the big Cree but chickened out. I am going to be buying a few hundred LED lights soon for my clients and my reputation will be on the wire.

Nope no extra drivers. Uhmmmm. Ruby tested them for over a week. And replaced the bad ones.

Very nice lights Cat.

Thanks Sativa. Now the learning process. I have never used Led's before. So do I use 1 plant under each Led light?

Only 47 more posts and you can pm Sweet Sara HHeeee hheeee hheee.

Seems like we are getting a lot of trolls . I have it on good authority that MH weed RULES!

Then maybe you shouldn't dismiss the feedback of those 'trolls' that although they may not post much have been members of the magazine for quite awhile, especially when they have other people that are reporting the same thing backing their experience with their tales too.

Don't kid yourself, these lights work great, as a budget light. You should expect and probably will encounter problems, most of which either you or your clients will need to repair yourselves, you may want to explain this to your clients before they purchase as they shouldn't in all seriousness be expecting them to run flawlessly and have great support for the price they pay. You may want to take a look at my Plushberry journal if you want to see the parts that you will be sent, I hope you and your customers have a steady hand.

To be fair though Mars Hydro continuously strives to improve and they are trying to open more repair centres around the world, but be reasonable about your expectations. I'm not bashing them either, I use 5 of their lights myself, but I also consider myself unbiased and fair.

I hope I have enough posts so that you don't go all giggledysquit thinking I'm a troll too. Peace.

Thanks Sativa. Now the learning process. I have never used Led's before. So do I use 1 plant under each Led light?

Hehe. I had the same questions, and still do for that matter. I have a whole solid 1 grow under my belt, and I was probably more lucky then skillful in the yield I got. I have a few questions, that you may have already answered.

Are you going organic soil?
Are you planting in the flower pot from the start, or going to repot as they grow?
Do you plan to use any frets? If so what and when?
Are you running autos or photo period plants? Which strain?

Now that I think again, the website does say 2x4, so technically 3-4 plants should fit if vegging with the light. In flower, no more than two to a light.

This is what I mean when I say train them flat. MOG all the way.

This is a month and a half old Sativa plant and it is less then 6" tall. Crushed by light and LST to the floor.

image34680.jpg

Back
Top Bottom