Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hey 420 Friends ! Thought id share my first Grow Result with 2x MarsHydro 96x5 Reflector ! Some Nice Critical Kush :) Yielded 400g wet ! Very Happy With it !! Really dense Buds and Awesomee Smell !!

20151228_092804.jpg

20160104_110032.jpg
20160102_203905.jpg
20160102_203849.jpg

That's a tuff call. The HPS Is everything the led is not and the led is everything the hps is not so together they are a almost perfect real full spectrum. I personally would do the 250 hps if I was in you shoes. I was thinking of getting 2 150 watt hps to put on the sides of my Mars ll 1200 instead of running my 400 watt hps next to it. Either way you will have a good light set up for personal grows. The hps would help fatten up the nugs from my understanding and the led the nugs taste better so it's more of what your needs are and what you are looking for in end results. Hope this helped.

thnks stoney roads (and aphrodisia and others for input)
if my main concern is quality, and not quanitity, is it still reccomended to go for a 250w hps combo with LED? or is that only if i want the "quantity" aspect of the hps?
the main thing pulling me to stay all LED's, and not mix in an hps, is that in my imagination of the grow space, it seems more balanced having two led lights of same size and shape and strength, side by side, than having an hps and led hanging together, it seems to me as if half the room will be getitng hps, and the other half led.

my room is 2x3. so when theres one light, its hanging like this:

---------------

00000000(LIGHT)

----------------

when i add antoher light, the idea is like this:

----------------
000 L 000
000 I 000
000 G 000
000 H 000
-----------------

for some reason, with the hps, i just feel like theyre giving more of a punch of light, even though i dont have full expereince with both.
one of the main differences im noticing (currently using a 400w hps borrowed), is that with the hps, the buds are exploding with pistils.
whereas with the leds, there was less pistils going on.

other than bud "size", does the hps have other benifits over LED?

if my main concern is quality, and not quanitity, is it still reccomended to go for a 250w hps combo with LED? or is that only if i want the "quantity" aspect of the hps?
the main thing pulling me to stay all LED's, and not mix in an hps, is that in my imagination of the grow space, it seems more balanced having two led lights of same size and shape and strength, side by side, than having an hps and led hanging together, it seems to me as if half the room will be getitng hps, and the other half led.

---------------

00000000(LIGHT)

----------------

----------------
000 L 000
000 I 000
000 G 000
000 H 000
-----------------

for some reason, with the hps, i just feel like theyre giving more of a punch of light, even though i dont have full expereince with both.
one of the main differences im noticing (currently using a 400w hps borrowed), is that with the hps, the buds are exploding with pistils.

It holds the other half of the spectrum that Mars led lights do not offer so I think quality will be better with hps And led mix

I am happy to report that my WW is already getting its little buds on the tops. I think the led is making it flower faster than a hps would. Because my last 2 grows were under hps and it took near 3 weeks for them to get where my WW was 4 days ago. I am very happy so far. Thanks Sara and mars for great affordable led grow lights.

---------------

00000000(LIGHT)

----------------

----------------
000 L 000
000 I 000
000 G 000
000 H 000
-----------------

You commented before you were using a 96 x 3 if so perhaps the fact that the 400 watt HPS is three times more light might be the difference. For your area you should have at least twice the light you are now using or limit it to a plant or a couple autos as for mixing HPS and LED lights I have seen several manufactures that tell their customers not to as it will damage the LED'S. The only reason I could see would be the heat perhaps Sara can comment on this.

I am happy to report that my WW is already getting its little buds on the tops. I think the led is making it flower faster than a hps would. Because my last 2 grows were under hps and it took near 3 weeks for them to get where my WW was 4 days ago. I am very happy so far. Thanks Sara and mars for great affordable led grow lights.
I would consider adding a all red flowering ufo to the LEDs you have to get that hps quantity. What I've seen a few companies recommend. Although I think the mars 2 has alot of red spectrum just from looking at it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

I have a 4ft wide x 2ft deep x 5ft height.... I have a 96x5 and I'm wondering what's best addition to add to it? Room runs about 80 degrees but I can get a bigger exhaust to help cool it maybe.... I'm just looking to pack some weight on my buds... I will only be growing autos will be trying dwc later, for now I'm using and coco. Thanks for advice all! Happy new year! I have 2 plants going would love to have any advice given and my journal link is in my sig!

I have a 4ft wide x 2ft deep x 5ft height.... I have a 96x5 and I'm wondering what's best addition to add to it? Room runs about 80 degrees but I can get a bigger exhaust to help cool it maybe.... I'm just looking to pack some weight on my buds... I will only be growing autos will be trying dwc later, for now I'm using and coco. Thanks for advice all! Happy new year! I have 2 plants going would love to have any advice given and my journal link is in my sig!
A second light would be ideal. Another 96x5 or 400 watt hps would do the trick too.

Didn't you just say hps with led is no good?

I was thinking another 96x5 or Mars 2 700
Hps is great with LEDs. But hot as fuck. I'd add a second led or 2 more if you can.

Didn't you just say hps with led is no good?

I was thinking another 96x5 or Mars 2 700

I mentioned seeing that other manufactures warn not to mix HPS and LED and another 96 x 5 will give you all the light you need and the heat is manageable use the draw watts divided by the sqft in your area 30 - 50 is where you want to be big issue you have is a short tent , tie them, break them, and cut them just keep them short

another weekly update on the Dark Dragon genetics and Mars Pro episar 160LED

I mentioned seeing that other manufactures warn not to mix HPS and LED and another 96 x 5 will give you all the light you need and the heat is manageable use the draw watts divided by the sqft in your area 30 - 50 is where you want to be big issue you have is a short tent , tie them, break them, and cut them just keep them short

Thanks I'll get another reflector on order

:party:thanks for updation, CatfishKnight:party: There are a variety of species:laughtwo:
Finally got the babies into their own Pots...
(2) Purp Dawg Haze, (2) Primo Purp, (2) Purpy LE P.U.
20160103_182435.jpg

20160103_182501.jpg

The 3 pots in the Middle are the World's Hottest - Carolina Reapers! Yeah Baby!!
20160103_182520.jpg

20160103_182536.jpg

Off topic, but I think I'll have to grow some hot peppers along side my plants now too!

Currently waiting on my Mars II light and tent to ship, been stuck at "ready for ups" since the morning of the 30th. Will post a review when it comes.

:circle-of-love: thanks for the constructive suggestion, Gnarl.:circle-of-love:
I raise my plants to the light to keep the canopy level. I found this to be the best way to hang my 1200 as high as possible in the tent.

I use the wire hangers that come with the fixture, but instead of attaching the wire ends to the main carabiner I pass them through and connect the ends to the fastener on the opposite side. This shortens the wire while doubling it for strength.

By pressing down on any corner you can adjust the angle at which the light hangs or keep it level. Once set the weight of the light holds it in place,

DSC0011922.JPG

:cheesygrinsmiley:haha, santb, it is very fast. I thought it would take longer. :laugh:
Thanks Sara, Coco and Mars Hydro for my competition light which arrived today after 5 days!
Perfect timing; when my wife brought it to me I was building a grow box!!

:thumb:

And, as if just to prove how good Mars Hydro is, my centrifuge vials (seed storage) that I ordered 4 weeks ago DIDN'T ARRIVE AGAIN!!!
Thanks again, Mars.

Back
Top Bottom