Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Thought I would share a couple of pictures of some abused plants, they were unattended other than water and cal/mag for over a month and grew to 7ft in a 6.5 ft tent the lower half of the plants were basically dead from lack of light and nutrients, tops were deformed from growing into the lights and tent top, plants under the reflectors had burned leaves and leaves near the lights vents were dried out. Ugly was a understatement serious thought of just cutting some clones and trashing the rest seemed like a good idea. Then Santa brought me a nice Monkey tent that was 9ft tall so what the heck let's see what happens. Then I pulled the plants out to the family room with no light cycle or real lights for that matter for five day's, stripped the lower 2-3 ft and a lot of defoliation on the rest put them into their new home and screwed up again and left the timers on 24/7 for three day's.
Now at about six weeks into flower these beaten and abused Ladies have proven they are a lot tougher then people think and can bounce back from a lot of abuse and reward you with nice flowers.

For the people who want HPS or HID instead of this post I'm sure I would be explaining to the insurance why the house burnt down the reflectors bare LED's were the only ones that burned the plants.
They are in ebb & flow systems, in airpots, and coco using Flora Nova with 42 watts per sqft of Mars Hydro lights
DSC4034.jpg
DSC4027.jpg

Thought I would share a couple of pictures of some abused plants, they were unattended other than water and cal/mag for over a month and grew to 7ft in a 6.5 ft tent the lower half of the plants were basically dead from lack of light and nutrients, tops were deformed from growing into the lights and tent top, plants under the reflectors had burned leaves and leaves near the lights vents were dried out. Ugly was a understatement serious thought of just cutting some clones and trashing the rest seemed like a good idea. Then Santa brought me a nice Monkey tent that was 9ft tall so what the heck let's see what happens. Then I pulled the plants out to the family room with no light cycle or real lights for that matter for five day's, stripped the lower 2-3 ft and a lot of defoliation on the rest put them into their new home and screwed up again and left the timers on 24/7 for three day's.
Now at about six weeks into flower these beaten and abused Ladies have proven they are a lot tougher then people think and can bounce back from a lot of abuse and reward you with nice flowers.

For the people who want HPS or HID instead of this post I'm sure I would be explaining to the insurance why the house burnt down the reflectors bare LED's were the only ones that burned the plants.
They are in ebb & flow systems, in airpots, and coco using Flora Nova with 42 watts per sqft of Mars Hydro lights
DSC4034.jpg
DSC4027.jpg

And that should be the ending arguement about HPS over LED, Very nice and plenty of penetration. Will this be the new style:) Tie them up and abuse them to get massive results:)

And that should be the ending arguement about HPS over LED, Very nice and plenty of penetration. Will this be the new style:) Tie them up and abuse them to get massive results:)

That argument will never end as for plant abuse in the late 60's early 70's it was believed if you drive a wooden spike through the stalk the plant would produce stronger buds. Then a guy showed up with a degree in botany and started breeding plants and selling clones and anyone growing in the area never looked back. It is all genetics that is why I always say when you find that special plant "CLONE IT" and then share it with your friends so if something goes wrong you can get it back. This is about gen 6 and 7 & 8 are already started spent a couple hundred dollars on seeds had a lot of those Special 1/2 oz harvests heck I even had a top seller that didn't grow buds just sticky sticks.

On the other hand you can always blame the equipment it doesn't talk back

That argument will never end as for plant abuse in the late 60's early 70's it was believed if you drive a wooden spike through the stalk the plant would produce stronger buds. Then a guy showed up with a degree in botany and started breeding plants and selling clones and anyone growing in the area never looked back. It is all genetics that is why I always say when you find that special plant "CLONE IT" and then share it with your friends so if something goes wrong you can get it back. This is about gen 6 and 7 & 8 are already started spent a couple hundred dollars on seeds had a lot of those Special 1/2 oz harvests heck I even had a top seller that didn't grow buds just sticky sticks.

On the other hand you can always blame the equipment it doesn't talk back

here is my 10th clone Dutch Skunk . I had issues at about week 5 she started to bud in 18 hr cycle. I had bloom and veg switched on the 1200 . THe soil may have had too much P or K. I turned off the bloom switch and went on 24. Transplanted into large tub of regular potting soil. She stated vegging again. around day 70 now. ready to flip .
20160211_144901.jpg

Hello Sarah
I do not own the budget for March II 700 w
vou think that 400W can do the trick, or it is not good
I already possesses an LED panel 300 w
with 400 W and 300 W it is good for my area?
what is the temperature of the 400 w?
thank you

So debating on a new light just to add a little extra. My choices are the 96x5 reflector the Mars ll 400 or the old Mars 600. I want to run it next to my Mars ll 1200. I was thinking of getting the Pro epistar the little one but I think for what I am using it for that would be to much. So what do you guys and gals think.

Try 2 more 300s their cheap on Ebay (63.00) and they work well. ! Ive been using them for several grows.
Here are some pics of results in soil and General Hydroponics nutrients.

magic3.jpg
DSC004687.JPG
DSC004719.JPG

Hello Sarah
I do not own the budget for March II 700 w
vou think that 400W can do the trick, or it is not good
I already possesses an LED panel 300 w
with 400 W and 300 W it is good for my area?
what is the temperature of the 400 w?
thank you

Try 2 more 300s their cheap on Ebay (63.00) and they work well. ! Ive been using them for several grows.

magic3.jpg
DSC004687.JPG
DSC004719.JPG

Hey Hello
thank you very much :)
can you give me the ebay link?
do you think that with the 300 it will grow well in my box 80/80/180 cm?
thank you

It's been about a week trying to order from the, still no response. Does anyone know what I can do I tried Skype email phone number FaceTime and nothing it's impossible to get ahold of them. I'm trying to get a 4'9x4'9 text 1 192 reflector and 1 Mars II 900.

It's been about a week trying to order from the, still no response. Does anyone know what I can do I tried Skype email phone number FaceTime and nothing it's impossible to get ahold of them. I'm trying to get a 4'9x4'9 text 1 192 reflector and 1 Mars II 900.

This is the biggest holiday of the year in China. The country is basically closed for business for the next week or so. Sara will get in touch as soon as the holiday is over!!! :peace:

booming lights fast delivery. I cannot wait to see my harvest I have 2x mars reflector 144 x5w. total bang for your buck.

I am using 3 of the 144x 5's on a 12 plant grow.. it has only been used to flower almost ready for harvest pics to follow soon of the final product
They have great penetration I gave em a worst case scenario to judge how well the lights worked and boy am I happy!!
you will love them
J D

Ok im about to harvest my first plant using the mars pro series 160LED, the yields may not be the best but that is total grower error with a new strain and growing in soil instead of coco but the frost is amazing. I also love the intensity and coverage with the new no lens cup reflectors they use and the ability to control the light intensity makes the light super versatile so you can grow from seed to harvest with no wasted energy. i am going to do a grow from clones i took from these dark dragons in coco so should be a great grow :Namaste:

IMG_233612.JPG
IMG_233715.JPG
IMG_233812.JPG
IMG_233914.JPG
IMG_234016.JPG
IMG_234111.JPG
IMG_234211.JPG

Ok im about to harvest my first plant using the mars pro series 160LED, the yields may not be the best but that is total grower error with a new strain and growing in soil instead of coco but the frost is amazing. I also love the intensity and coverage with the new no lens cup reflectors they use and the ability to control the light intensity makes the light super versatile so you can grow from seed to harvest with no wasted energy. i am going to do a grow from clones i took from these dark dragons in coco so should be a great grow :Namaste:

IMG_233612.JPG
IMG_233715.JPG
IMG_233812.JPG
IMG_233914.JPG
IMG_234016.JPG
IMG_234111.JPG
IMG_234211.JPG

I would let them go another week still lots of white hairs they might still fatten up. Either way yeild Looks like it will be pretty good

magic3.jpg
DSC004687.JPG
DSC004719.JPG

Yeah I have 2 of then already. Lol. I need something that's about double the length of the 300w Old model and a little more power. So that's why I was thinking the old 600 watt it has the length and the power of about 260+ watts that would put me at a solid 83.6 solid watts a square foot of good led. But 2 more old 300w would give me even more pre square feet and better coverage

Back
Top Bottom