Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hi arellanobrian, :bravo:Your Dark Dragon ladys are in very beautiful "figure" and ready to have good yields:cheer:
A few pics of my Dark Dragon ladys under my Mars Pro Epistar 160LED

IMG_264210.JPG
IMG_264119.JPG
IMG_264011.JPG
IMG_264414.JPG
IMG_264712.JPG

20160414_094254.jpg
well I'm super shitty today woke up to find my Mars ll 1200 has a few burnt out leds. I have used it for 1 grow well 3 quarters of a grow. Well Sara please help I will pm you.

Ps it is a blue led that is out. I was so looking forward to using my Mars led for this grow. I know Sara has great customer service but I now question the build quality of Mars leds. There are to many cases reported of the Mars ll series with so many problems around the 6 month mark. I really hope. They figure out what the problem is. I also notice a build up of some brown looking tar like stuff around the connection of the leds to the board. I would have to bet that what ever they are using to glue the glass is what the problem is they need to completely get rid of that glass and glue and find another way to protect the leds

Pss. Well just got off the phone with my credit card company and they are offering me a full refund thank god. So i won't be stuck having to fix the light or wait for it to be sent out and sent back. I will be ordering a mars pro probably when the money is refunded to my card. Sara you are the only reason I am deciding to go with another Mars product. Because you have giving quality to Mars as a company. I just recommend talking to the techs and coming up with a solution to all the problems the Mars ll series has.

Looking to test out some LED's to replace HPS

What Mars light is capable of the highest yield per light I'm looking to replace some 1000w hps and I normally yield about 1.1/4lb to 1.50lb and I've hit just over 2lb a couple time I don't expect them to do that but if I can get 1lb per light I which everything over any recommendations

Re: Looking to test out some LED's to replace HPS

What Mars light is capable of the highest yield per light I'm looking to replace some 1000w hps and I normally yield about 1.1/4lb to 1.50lb and I've hit just over 2lb a couple time I don't expect them to do that but if I can get 1lb per light I which everything over any recommendations

I replaced a 1k HPS with 3 144x5 reflectors. I flowered on a overgrown unkempt crop to test the penetration and the density of the nugs
I still pulled in over a pound the buds a bit less dense but still very nice the smell and taste is incredible. I got a deal on multiple lights just ask Sara.
I will be starting a full cycle and grow journal soon... damn Post office..

Be Well
J D

Thanks I was hope along the Lines of just one light to able to replace just one not 3 light to replace one if I had to use 3 to replaced all 24 x3 that would be 72 lights lol that's a tad to many

Question about height. I am vegging 4 plants under a marshydro 300w reflector light, and only running the vegging lights. It is about 35cm above my girls and all seems to going good. Is there an optimal height for this light for what I am doing?

For my flowering I am going to take it up a notch and a bought a reflector 192 which I will start using start or mid May. How high does this light need to be over my flowering girls?

Thanks in advance.

20160414_094254.jpg
well I'm super shitty today woke up to find my Mars ll 1200 has a few burnt out leds. I have used it for 1 grow well 3 quarters of a grow. Well Sara please help I will pm you.

Ps it is a blue led that is out. I was so looking forward to using my Mars led for this grow. I know Sara has great customer service but I now question the build quality of Mars leds. There are to many cases reported of the Mars ll series with so many problems around the 6 month mark. I really hope. They figure out what the problem is. I also notice a build up of some brown looking tar like stuff around the connection of the leds to the board. I would have to bet that what ever they are using to glue the glass is what the problem is they need to completely get rid of that glass and glue and find another way to protect the leds

Pss. Well just got off the phone with my credit card company and they are offering me a full refund thank god. So i won't be stuck having to fix the light or wait for it to be sent out and sent back. I will be ordering a mars pro probably when the money is refunded to my card. Sara you are the only reason I am deciding to go with another Mars product. Because you have giving quality to Mars as a company. I just recommend talking to the techs and coming up with a solution to all the problems the Mars ll series has.

:laughtwo: So you're just going to junk it? I'll take it.

:laughtwo: So you're just going to junk it? I'll take it.

Nothing sure. But it completely melted the plastic. I tried to give it a chance it worked well for my last grow. I think whatever is going on is a manufacturer defect because it seems to only be the Mars ll Series with all the problems. The reflector series I have maybe read one or two with problems but the Mars ll the Internet is flooded with pics from people who have the same or similar pproblems with their Mars ll lights at around 6 months. I have had mine for 4 months well like a week over 4 months.

Pm me if you wanna get rid of it for $100 or something.

I definitely will. I'm thinking of if capital one let's me keep it I will convert it to a cxb3035 cob with about 4-6 Cxb3035s. I think they will let me keep it. I am getting ready to order the pro Cree 125 or whatever the small Cree Pro is. I really belive the problem is with the Mars ll series and the pro and Reflector series will not have burn outs like the 2 series does. I hate to say it but I should have returned it when I first got it like I was wanting to but I wanted to give it a chance and am sad it didn't work out.

My Mars 2 700 is ten months old and nothing burned out yet. I wonder how many hundreds have no problems. You only hear from the people with problems.

Thanks for making leds affordable. If not for Mars hydro everyone would still be complaining "led is way too expensive" haha Mars makes it cheaper than long term cost running hps.

20160414_094254.jpg

That sucks. You are one of the lucky ones who doesn't end up out-of-pocket for these defects.

I'll be removing the glass on mine if / when my spare parts finally arrive. So far it's been 35 days since apparently they were sent, and I'm still waiting.

I've gone with another Gavita 600w HPS, and will keep the Mars as a backup light in case of emergencies.

:circle-of-love:Hi guys ,we have the list for our "The First Mars-Hydro Cup" please check out::cheer:
statistic.jpg

Aeroponic is on Top 1 by now, he got the most likes.triss420 is very close to Demso,triss420 may catch up Top5 before the dead line.So lets see what will happen.
If you guys want to join in the game,please hurry up,you still have the chance. The deadline is Aprill 23th. Please don't feel upset if you don't get the prize this time. Maybe next time we will run a contest for the Best Video or something else. Everyone still has the chance to get a present. We expect to watch more grow videos from you guys!:420:

Re: A Video Journal With Pigeons420 2016

I agree the defect rate is too high. With this many problems they should stock replacement parts in their international warehouses.
I don't mind a little soldering that's no problem but you are correct 35 days is outrageous.

Re: A Video Journal With Pigeons420 2016

A question to help understand the problem: do you guys with all of the failed LED units have UPS protection on them? I use that on mine to prevent power surges from affecting it. Maybe that is why I have zero problems with all of my LEDs even the ones I've had for years.
I am using a APC brand UPS that is $400 or so regular that was on sale for $199. All power for leds is filtered and cleaned up by the ups and power for all pumps has battery backup.

Back
Top Bottom