Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

@SmokeSara hey could my light have been set at 2 different power settings I ask because 1 side of my tent grow tight close buds and the other side the bud are spaced out same type of lights and same strains here is pics
20200401_172749.jpg
20200401_172754.jpg
I was just wondering because I cant think of any other reason for the different buds

I was just wondering because I cant think of any other reason for the different buds

Unless your plants consist of clones from the same mother, you're most likely looking at minor variation between them. It doesn't have to be expressed as two wildly different phenotypes.

That statement does assume that none of the LEDs are out (I'm assuming you checked for that before posting), that your lighting is, overall, centered so as to produce as even a light footprint as possible (ditto, plus common sense), and that one wall of your tent isn't covered in semi-reflective stickers (again, ditto, plus common sense). Also, if you leave your tent's door (or viewing window) open for much of the "day time," that part of the tent is naturally going to have less light hitting the plants, I expect. Conversely, if you installed Orca Film on one wall, plants closest to it will probably look like they've been receiving more light.

If, on the other hand, those plants are clones from the same mother, the above things are covered, and there are no other obvious things that could account for it (different feed and/or water schedules, bugs / disease / root issue / etc., then I would wonder if the lighting is somehow "unbalanced."

Does your light have more than one power supply (aka "driver)? If so, that could increase the possibility from "very doubtful" to "doubtful," in my mind.

Whatever the answer turns out to be, I'm interested in learning what it is. Others probably will be, too.

@TorturedSoul could it be because one wall is a white divider wall and not the silver wall of the tent look can see the different wall in the pics and yes they are clones from the same mother
The reflective fabric of the tent will indeed increase the par of the lighting in your grow room.I suggest you buy some reflective paper and stick it on the wall

@TorturedSoul could it be because one wall is a white divider wall and not the silver wall of the tent look you can see the different wall in the pics and yes they are clones from the same mother
Do you have an instrument to check the par value, and if so, check the par on both sides to get the result

Ok I have some well that stinks I used it as a dry eraser board so I could keep track of what I feed them but if that's the reason I will cover it up
Did you buy both SP 250 at the same time?

TorturedSoul could it be because one wall is a white divider wall and not the silver wall of the tent

Sure, absolutely. Grow tents are, in the main, great things. However, like anything else, they're not perfect. I mentioned Orca Film earlier because it's the most light-reflective "buy it, unroll it, and hang it" surface I know of. There is a video on YouTube that shows someone holding a PAR light meter's sensor at floor level in a grow tent. It looks like a decent tent (in other words, they didn't "fudge" the test by using a piece of junk). While the person was holding the sensor, someone else hung a sheet of Orca Film on one wall - the meter's reading jumped. The helper hung another sheet on a second wall - the meter's reading jumped again. Rinse/lather/repeat.

Which goes along with what you appear to be seeing in your own tent. That Orca Film stuff is NOT cheap (IMHO). But it will, at least slightly, increase the amount of light-energy - that the gardener is already paying for each month via their electricity bill - that reaches the plant's chloroplasts. I cannot quantify that with percentages, dollar amounts, etc. I suppose these things will vary from one person to the next.

You buy a set of tires for your truck, they cost $400. You get 13.4 miles per gallon. You buy a new set of tires, and your fuel economy jumps up to 14.5 MPG - but the new tires cost you $815, lol. Will you have saved $415 before the tread is gone or they've aged to the point at which the DOT recommends replacement regardless of tread wear?

I dunno. Covering the interior of your grow tent (possibly including the door and any viewing window(s)) won't save you any electricity. But it is possible (harvest yield depends on many factors, obviously) that it will allow you to harvest more each time. If you're already pulling down as much as you can use, and you'd just end up throwing away any excess, then it's a no brainer, you have no use for any improvement. Otherwise, though, this kind of improvement could end up paying for itself a lot quicker than a set of fuel efficient tires could.

I'm just rambling.

Hello guys,

Another couple of days further and this is how the autos look right now. Both around 30 centimeters in height. I only feed them very little fertilizer. Both are clearly starting to flower now. After a couple of days of raising the TS1000 to 60 cm, I have now lowered it back to around 50cm. How does everything look to you guys so far? All tips are always very much appreciated, since I am a beginner grower.
IMG_20200402_082003.jpg
IMG_20200402_081625.jpg
IMG_20200402_081620.jpg
IMG_20200402_081615.jpg

Thank you!

I mentioned Orca Film earlier because it's the most light-reflective "buy it, unroll it, and hang it" surface I know of.
If I wrapped my DWC buckets on the outside with it.....do you think it would work well to keep the buckets a degree or two cooler? .....theory based off reflecting the light off the black.

Are they warmer than the space they are in? If so, is it not because of the aeration device(s) heating the air they are injecting into your nutrient solution? Then... maybe. Might do better with that duct insulation that looks like shiny metal bubblewrap. Or rigid foam insulation. In a perfect world, you could add some insulation and have a small air gap between it and the container.

I just went back and saw the word "black." If you've painted them black, you can paint them white on top of it. Well... Probably be awkward doing it while they're in use.

Yes, probably. Not sure of the amount, though.

Must be past my bedtime.

Are they warmer than the space they are in? If so, is it not because of the aeration device(s) heating the air they are injecting into your nutrient solution? Then... maybe. Might do better with that duct insulation that looks like shiny metal bubblewrap. Or rigid foam insulation. In a perfect world, you could add some insulation and have a small air gap between it and the container.

I just went back and saw the word "black." If you've painted them black, you can paint them white on top of it. Well... Probably be awkward doing it while they're in use.

Yes, probably. Not sure of the amount, though.

Must be past my bedtime.
I am not running hot at all. Around 70-72F water temp. I used LED. Anyway, I figured by reflecting the light off the bucket I can get that water down at least another degree or more.....

Hello guys,

Another couple of days further and this is how the autos look right now. Both around 30 centimeters in height. I only feed them very little fertilizer. Both are clearly starting to flower now. After a couple of days of raising the TS1000 to 60 cm, I have now lowered it back to around 50cm. How does everything look to you guys so far? All tips are always very much appreciated, since I am a beginner grower.
IMG_20200402_082003.jpg
IMG_20200402_081625.jpg
IMG_20200402_081620.jpg
IMG_20200402_081615.jpg

Thank you!
Look good so far. I suggest you hang the light lower. the plants need more par when they run to flower

The pretty grower shared the pretty shot for the Marshydro led TS 600 grow flower 40 days
The strains look so happy there :yummy:
The weekend is coming :love: happy to all :yahoo:

Hello, I've read somewhere that in second half of 2020 mars hydro will release new series of lights, true? If it's true does anyone know something already about specs? Differences from TS and SP series ? I'm planning to add a new light to 3x5 tent. At the moment I have mars hydro tsl2000W (by the way mine withdraws 350W from the wall and it where advertised as 300W, I checked it with two different meters and they both shows 350-360, can someone explain that? ).
I also have 2x4 tent. One tent I want to have for veg other for flower. I have only one light yet. I want to grow with~ 1500ppm co2. So I need 1400ppfd in flower tent. Probably the small tent will be for flower this run, in 3x5 gonna start to veg and then within~ 6 weeks will transfer some plants to 2x4 to flower and other plants will stay in 3x5 for 2 more months to veg until 2x4 will end to flower. And finally I will transfer light from 2x4 to 3x5 to flower those beasts that were veged for almost 4 months. So would be great if lighting combined from 2x4 and 3x5 would make plants benefit from 1500ppm of co2 in 3x5 grow tent in flower.

What light or lights I have to buy to have 1400ppfd in 3x5 tent?

I'm also planning to scrog, mainline or manifold so 1400ppfd should be not only in one certain point somewhere in the center but spread.

I'm considering about few options:

Buy one more tsl2000W and hope the best

Buy one more tsl2000W + 1 sp 150 or sp250

Buy two sp250

Or wait untill new series will be released

Any advise is welcome, any other option is also welcome,thank you!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom