MA's First Grow

MarkAnthonyG

Hello All!

Been reading for a while and finally decided to start a journal. I want to learn how to grow what fits my needs medicinally, as well as, know exactly what I'm consuming so I really welcome ideas on how to improve and at the current, troubleshoot 2 of my plants. With the new tent I know I'll need additional and/or new lighting. I initially wanted to grow with one 200 or 400w HPS, but concerns over the draw and heat sent me to LEDs. I've been running the LED about 2 weeks and my temps are 75-81 with a supposed draw of 220. Would a 200 or 400W HPS adequately light a 2x4x5 with 4-5 plants and what is an avg comparison on heat/draw? If I don't go with the HPS, I will either go with (2) 300W LEDS or (1) 600-1000W(budget) LED. I am attempting to train also. Hopefully I include all the information.

Specs:
36x20x60 Tent (ordering 2x4x5 tomorrow)
450w Viparspectra LED (will possibly be ordering an additional VS or switch lighting all together for new tent)
2' 4 bulb T5 (6500K in now, have 3000K for flower)
Temps: 75-81
RH: Avg 40%
6" exhaust
4" intake
Small area 3 speed fan to circulate air
FF nutrients
FFOF

Nutes used were according to FF schedule, but were at 1/8 strength introduced at week 2 for each plant. Fed twice per week with one 6.5-7.0 pH watering in between.

Plant 1: Random Bag Seed; 5 Gallon Cloth Pot; Planted 1/2/17
Plant 2: Louis XIII OG; 5 Gallon Plastic Pot; Planted 1/7/17

18/6 schedule; Light about 20" from plants

These started off quite well on Plant 1 and then I started to get some browning of the edges so I thought nute burn and backed off(did not flush). The browning edges spread to all of the original fan leaves, but the new growth appeared strong. I attempted to top and I'm still not quite sure what I did, but the plant did not seem to suffer too bad. Over the next few days the edges started to turn brown and I watched them as long as I could before I cut them.

Plant 2 started the same, but just within the last 3-4 days have I noticed the browning. I haven't cut those leaves yet. I did attempt to flush, but to me it looks a little worse, the soil has not dried out enough to do any watering so it's been left alone for 2-3 days now.

The plants look a little small to me, but I started them with the T5 only and it was very close so they are just not leggy. It's been a slow uphill/downhill battle and I need help. Thanks in advance! I'm having trouble getting the pics to post will try again

I run a Mars Hydro 144x5 Reflector LED in the same size tent that you've purchased. Its coverage is perfect for that area. The only suggestion I would have is to get a taller wider tent if you wanna run that amount of plants. Its going to get really packed in there.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom