MassMedMan's Monster SCROG - CBD OG in a Greenhouse

Well, I have been including this plant in my Doc Bud perpetual, but it's neither. Just a summer project with a plant I wanted to grow for medicinal purposes. Here is the strain description:

Cali Connection have been champing at the bit to create this new high CBD variety. A cross of their Lions Tabernacle - a high CBD Cannabis Cup winner in 2012, with their superb cup-winning Indica, Tahoe OG Kush. In a legal climate, the CBD OG grows short and stocky and produces high yields of dank, tasty medicine. According to Cali Connection, the results are rather spectacular - CBD OG typically tests for around 10-12% CBD and between 3-7% THC. This is a superb strain, aimed directly at medicinal users looking for high CBD with lower THC levels.

I started this plant back in May in a three gallon smart pot. She was placed inside a seven gallon smart pot a month later and then I decided to SCROG her. I have a good cut or two of her and one of them will be in doc Buds hi Brix kit starting next run in that room. They may finish at the same time... interesting.

This one is a beast -- she is already in a stand that is broom height. My broom so you guess. :) I built a homemade contraption to SCROG her, nothing fancy just something to train her with. I have broken many branches on her, supercropping is the name of the game and she's getting handled.....

Not many pics of her yet because I'm showing most of the progress via YouTube which is a good platform for this monster. I think this one will grow another four months....

She is in Coast of Maine Stonington blend which I amend slightly with some perlitle. She's been getting water and teas.

Sitting on some perlitle SWICK style but I'll remove the SWICK set-up as soon as she goes into flower and starts to stretch,, that is the plan anyway...

I love SCROGs. :cheer:

Here are a few videos of the early progress,, there will be a new video soon.

And, Thank You for watching as always!!

[video=youtube;HldZ3NzMhYY]
[/video]

[video=youtube;s9kuioRqQV8]
[/video]

Re: MassMedMan's Monster SCROG --CBD OG in a Greenhouse

Happy to have you folks. Stand by this will be a MONSTAAAAA :)

That's it? You just started? Cool then. Subbed.
MMM you mentioned just now on another thread that you did a bunch of clones by rooting in plain water. What was your success rate?

That's it? You just started? Cool then. Subbed.
MMM you mentioned just now on another thread that you did a bunch of clones by rooting in plain water. What was your success rate?

100% took a little longer then my bubble cloner,,, but I didn't need to run a pump,, or any light with the straight water method. Just put the cut in water and then in a window sill. Of course I wouldn't have that type of success in winter. But for a few clones in the summer I'll use that method again with confidence...

I was happy with that. I did another run where I add a pinch of maxi crop and they showed good roots few days sooner...

Happy to have you bro, thanks for checking it out. :thanks:

Thanks man. Looking forward to the scrog! I don't always have the internet service to be able to watch the videos so it's just a matter of watching them whenever I can access better internet, and catchin up when I can. Videos do tell a better story though.

Looking primo. Love the SCROG work bud.

Yeah, thanks happy to see you peek in.... that one is going to require a little luck I think as it relates to humidity late in the season, but I had to do something nifty with it. ;)

Well, I have been including this plant in my Doc Bud perpetual, but it's neither. Just a summer project with a plant I wanted to grow for medicinal purposes. Here is the strain description:

I started this plant back in May in a three gallon smart pot. She was placed inside a seven gallon smart pot a month later and then I decided to SCROG her. I have a good cut or two of her and one of them will be in doc Buds hi Brix kit starting next run in that room. They may finish at the same time... interesting.

This one is a beast -- she is already in a stand that is broom height. My broom so you guess. :) I built a homemade contraption to SCROG her, nothing fancy just something to train her with. I have broken many branches on her, supercropping is the name of the game and she's getting handled.....

Not many pics of her yet because I'm showing most of the progress via YouTube which is a good platform for this monster. I think this one will grow another four months....

She is in Coast of Maine Stonington blend which I amend slightly with some perlitle. She's been getting water and teas.

Sitting on some perlitle SWICK style but I'll remove the SWICK set-up as soon as she goes into flower and starts to stretch,, that is the plan anyway...

I love SCROGs. :cheer:

Here are a few videos of the early progress,, there will be a new video soon.

And, Thank You for watching as always!!

[video=youtube;HldZ3NzMhYY]
[/video]

[video=youtube;s9kuioRqQV8]
[/video]

I'm in for this one! Big SCROG fan myself, and would love to put one (or 10) in my greenhouse! Looking forward to learning from you.

A little before and after for you Stoney.

Before:
20150716_104310.jpg

After

20150716_104558.jpg

Yeah, thanks happy to see you peek in.... that one is going to require a little luck I think as it relates to humidity late in the season, but I had to do something nifty with it. ;)

Stoked to see ya still on here mate going strong!

I saw you started this new journal and I'm pumped, I want to possibly scrog my northern lights once my autos are out and I've never understood the process very well. Subbed.

Glad to have you! My first grows here were two SCROGs. Let see if I learned something???

My next SCROG is a clone of my THC bomb that is blooming in the BOOM room. .in preparation for this, the other night I roughed her up, roughed me up, too. Super cropping clones is a bit tougher than new, or from seed plants, even young growth. At least that is what I'm finding. The day after I did some cropping on this one and a few others I woke up and my finger tips were sore.. anyone ever have that?

So this one was a three header, I kept six branches or two node sets. Unlike the ones in the past, I'm using a mobile screen for my SCROG, or something that I can move up later on if I want. Very simple, bamboo, old chicken fence, zip ties. Wash, repeat, done.

She is in a six plus gallon can with Coast of Maine Stonington soil reused from my spring fling. Water and teas only for this plant.

20150720_144040.jpg

20150720_144053.jpg

So do you just tuck everything back under the screen until all the branches are up there, and then flower the plant? Or do you keep tucking branches after the flip until it's done stretching, then let it go?

Yeah, pretty much. Still learning and tweaking things so I'll be adjusting on the fly...

Back
Top Bottom