Whistlingypsy

420 Member
4C84E44B-A3AC-44A2-8164-3A93AC88ED14.jpeg
Hi from the UK. This is week 5 of flower in soil under HPS 600. Using FoxFarm nutes, only half their suggested dose. Getting sticky and fat. Question is though. Do I go LED?

Greetings :thumb: nice looking plants:yummy: I really don't understand the question, must be because your wrote it in English and I am reading it in Merican but cannot connect the thoughts. Must be me meds:smokin:
More will chime in to help out and say hello
Do I ditch HPS and go to LED. If so... what would suggest. I’ve seen quite a few so far. It’s only for a cupboard space 1M x 1M

:welcome: Nice garden. Fellow UK grower here. I've only grown with LED and love them. Here we are a little more limited on choices for quality options but they're out there. Mars do some great lights and there are a few others but not sponsors. Invisible Sun have some nice looking lights. I ended up building my own for my flower tent.

Yes. HPS is ok for the bare minimum adding a CMH would get better results, fatter thicker flowers. So do you invest in the flowering CMH or spend a few hundred on a good full spectrum LED that's adjustable and doesn't carry the same heat or watts ? My plants have been taking about 70% of my Mars Hydro 2000s (square one that's 300 watts at the wall full 100%) any higher and the leaves fade and I'm stuck under 78 inches ceiling and you have less than that. I bet it would fit nice in your space if you could mount it flushed with the top.

LEDs are great (I use two older Mars II 700s) they keep the heat down, and I have good results. Recently though I ran a grow with HPS and the results were really incredible.

If you have the HPS lights and heat isn't an issue, I'd stick with it.
I’ve worked the cost out and it’s on £29 a month @12 hours a day. CFL 300w even less, also running in the background. I think I’ll stay where I am for now

Back
Top Bottom