Milz' Incredible

millstb1

I normally don't talk trash around the kids ... but this is a strain from the folks at Vancouver Island Seed Company called 'F*cking Incredible'

Strains used: I used the carpet bombing method and ordered small from several sources. So 3 out of 4 deliveries got here.
From Nirvana seed - AK 48 and Chrystal which is a White Widow back crossed with Northern Lights.
From Cannibisseed.com - G-13 and Jack Herer
From Vancouver Island Seed Company - A pure Indica strain called "F*cking Incredible" .

Grow medium: This is a mix I found in one of the journals and as it was not essentially too different from growing mediums I've used in the past, I followed it
40 % coir
25% ProMix with mycorrize
15% worm castings
15% perlite
3% vermiculite
2% bat gauno

Germination Process: folded paper towel kept moist on plate in 75 degree area.
Lights: CFL's for veg and clone growth; LEDs for late veg and flower.
Grow space: Initially small closet in house, to be moved to our own little bungalo in the back yard; very private and with adequate A/C for southern AZ and with water and electricity. There I'll have 3 separate areas
Nutes: - I'm following a regimen that was written up extensively in 420 mag called "Nutrient Study" ... I had some of the Earth Juice ingredients so I bought the rest ....and used Study #1 which in 1st veg week is this: (per gallon of Ph adjusted, not too hard well water)
--Catalyst--------Micro---------Grow-------

week1 veg-----5ml----------5ml-----------5ml

Let's see if this posts OK ...

all looks good to me mate, great start to your journal, let me know if you have problems uploading pics or vids, also try herbies head shop for your next lot of seeds, when you place your order send a msg with it and give my screen name and herbie will look after you, even if you only buy 1 seed for £1.25 or $2.00 you will then get 3 seeds for free, so you only need to buy 1 seed and you get 3 free, the free seeds are all top strains so he dont send cheap seeds just to get rid of them, he will send you 2 x any regular seed, and the other free seeds is always a femenised seed or a fem auto, if you mention your from this site and drop my screen name in the msg he will look after you, i got 4 free seeds with my last order and loads of other stuff from royal queen seeds, such as plant markers, tin of mints, the tin can be used to store seeds after the mints are gone, i got a wrist band and stickers, plus the extra free seed was an fem auto, so its always worth checking herbies out, plus his prices are cheaper than anyone else and his pick and mix seeds are cheaper still, plus you only need to buy 1 seed then you will get 3 free, just a heads up if you need anymore seeds, he stocks more than others as well, plus i have had 100% success and all my seeds grew and turned out what they should of been, so i only use herbies now

Thanks DonPaul for the seed info ... I'm just sticking with what I've sprouted so far.
Introduced a new true 90 w UFO with the 85 watt CFL's
Aug 2 – After I put in the 90 w UFO several of the real young plants went spaz with their leaves, weird warp curl. I moved the 90 w boy from 9” to 15” away and brought back the 85 w CFL.
Problem has not gotten worse.

Aug 3 - 6 of the FI’s have sprouted (WaHoo) … and are being planted today ….
I have seedlings in both rock wool and peat. Peat was always my old choice and it still looks as overall the seedlings in peat are doing a bit bertter than the rock wool..
So .. the FI’s go into peat.

New problem today .. small upward curl in the first real leaf shoots from 2 or 3 plants ….
Since I’ve given no nutes I went searching ..
It looks like either too hot (running @ 84 - 88 F. ) or too low humidity ( 35%)

I’m moving the plants down to my parents old house .. hope the spirit vibes help my young babies.
Anyway until tomorrow I’ve misted them and put the plastic cover back on and will chaeck in the morning ..

I must say .. I haven’t had this much fun with plants in a long time.

Great research out there, I’ve got 4 good strains to start with … at least 25 small seedlings so far.
WAHoo ….

8/4 – started transplanting into 5” sq. pots with my soilless mix which is:
50% coir
15 % waorm shit
15 % pro mix w/mycorrrhizz
10 % perlite
5 % vermiculite
2 % dolomite lime – no , did not haver the dolomite
2 % bat guano
1 % amozite

No water for 24 hr. to check for problems.
1st water with diluted myco madness for fungal activity.

Aug 5th Day 15 for the oldest – realized that the 2 qt containers were overkill and taking up too much space for my lights,, so I went and got the 3 “ coir pots and transplanted everybody over.

Aug 7 dy 17 – things going OK til I noticed what looked like small white scale spots on some leaves. Then the frantic search on 420 to finally nail down thrips …
Thrips WTF is that …
One of the google references led me to another forum where someone mentioned that they got thrips from their pro-mix soil. Hmmmmm using 20 – 25% Promix HD with micorrhize (sp).
Don’t know… al I know is that I went into a tailspin looking to eradicated these pesky fellows. I had Neem oil in my arsenal already, so rather than keep my cool and do some research’ (which I couldn’t do that day because of the internet connection being down ) I grabbed the Neem oil and using it full strength (I have the 100% oil) brushed it on with a Japanese paint brush to everyone; including seedlings with barely the first set of leaves showing; outcome, 40% of them died and of the remaining only about half might make it.

I got Monterry island insect spray which is the bacillus spinodad; which attacks the adult thrips by exciting their nervous system so much they literally spin to death; zowie, what a way to go.
Also now include the bacillus thuringiensis which is active in mosquito dunks, after reading an article extolling their virtues in being a larvae killer, so I dumped one in 2 gallons of water for 36 hours and then applied this to all plants.

I can't believe that I killed off over half those expensive seeds in less than 2 weeks.... 30 years ago no one I knew had a thrips problem...oh well, onward....

Aug 16 update -

hi mate, i have had loads of bugs in my compost mix as well, i got a load of them flies, and i have not managed to get rid of them, i have found that letting the soil dry out more between watering helps keep them down, but ive not managed to get rid of them fully, but once i have harvested the next 5 plants ill have a big clear out and get some neem oil and try and remove them from the grow all together, i have heard that using an oven to heat the compost before use gets rid of all bugs but it stinks the place out, but you just never know whats in it.

with the leaf curling the high temps can cause it but usually cause the ends of the leafs to droop or the edges of each blade turn upwards to cool down, if it was over nutes then the ends of each bade would have a yellow patch and small patches on the leaves so id cut back on the nutes if that was the problem.

i did over water mine on the first grow and it slowed growth down loads so i make sure i let the top 3 inches dry before i water next then i make sure i water till i have some run off then leave it 3 or 4 days before i feed them next. the other problem i had was with the fans, i had the fans blowing on the plants to soon and this made the leaves dry up so i only have the fans blowing above the plants now to keep the temps down until the plants got big enough then i could have the fans gently moving the plants to strengthen the stems up.

all you can do is carry on and you should be able to get them under control, just try and let the top 3 inches dry out as they wont lay eggs if its dry, so let them dry out and this helped loads with my bugs, mine was like tiny little flies that lived in the soil and everytime i watered they would come flying out, so now i let it all dry out and the numbers have dropped, if they get to high the grubs eat the roots of the plants, demacious earth is also a good thing to use, not sure on spelling though, you sprinkle this over the top of the soil and its like razor blades to the bugs, it shreads them to pieces,

Update aug 31st
Got about 14 survivors
At least 3 of them are the F.I. strain
I've been very sparse on the nutes, half strength this week along with 5 ml/gal Hygrozome; which contains friendly bacillus etc.; although it was highly reccommended; I don't like the fact that the spores or bacillus are not mentioned, no ingredients listed.
I use Myco Madness to add friendly fungi and spoors to the grow medium.
moving all tomorrow to the recently renovated backyard cabana. Pics will follow shortly.
My current weekly nute feeding is: 5ml/gal Grow, 5 ml/gal Microblast, 5 ml/gal catalyst, 1 tbs/gal Epson salts and 5 ml Hygrozone.
This is all mixed at half strength for now. I mix everything and then use an areating stone in a 5 gal bucket for minimum 3 hours then feed.

cheers,
millstb1 - That's Milz the Baptist number 1

Hey DonPaul ...
All's well except for my G13 strain .... All 3 G13's have the same problem. It looks like nute burn or Sulphur deficiency:
here's a shot:

g13_prob_leaves_pub_2.jpg

I also posted a help request in the Grower's lounge:

G13 strain problems - necrotic leaves

Meanwhile here's some of the other plants that are doing well

crystal_pub.JPG

That's the Crystal

FI_beauty_pub.JPG

That's the F*cking Incredible

ak48_4_shoots_pub_1.jpg

And the AK48....

Here's one more of the problem G13

g13_prob_leaves_pub_4.jpg

Comments anyone ??

cheers,
milzzzzzzzzzz

Quick recap of the G13 program.
Coir Perlite mix, no nutes til 2 weeks after seed sprouted
Earth Juice nutes at 2 weeks:
5 ml/gal Grow, 5 ml/gal Catalyst, 5 ml/gal Microblast and 5ml/gal hygrozome.
Added 1 tbs Epson Salts after 1st feeding because of Sulfur def. concerns.

In essence 4 strains treated equally and three plants of one strain (G13) all developing these necrotic leaves and yellowing/burning of tips...

All advice and guidance greatly appreciated ...

cheers,
milzzzzzzzzz

Quick recap of the G13 program.
Coir Perlite mix, no nutes til 2 weeks after seed sprouted
Earth Juice nutes at 2 weeks:
5 ml/gal Grow, 5 ml/gal Catalyst, 5 ml/gal Microblast and 5ml/gal hygrozome.
Added 1 tbs Epson Salts after 1st feeding because of Sulfur def. concerns.

In essence 4 strains treated equally and three plants of one strain (G13) all developing these necrotic leaves and yellowing/burning of tips...

All advice and guidance greatly appreciated ...

cheers,
milzzzzzzzzz

there is a chart I have in a bog under my name go there and see if that helps you bro:thumb:

Heirloom and fishcake ..
thx for the replies .... attached are some newer pictures. This is still baffling to me. I've found and read carefully 2 or three massive posts her about nute deficiencies. I've grown quite a few batches in the 70's and the symptoms are classic over fert or Sulphur deficiency.
A brief recap - 14 plants have made it past seedling stage into the 3rd week. The first two weeks all were treated the same. (Read the first and second entries to get the soil mix, lighting and nutes used) No nutes for the first 2 weeks, then a full nute watering with Myco Madness added for fungal, bacterial action. At this stage the G13 problems became pronounced. check the photos; yellow tips on new growth, slight curl up on second set of leaves and all these symptoms plus necrotic edges on the lower leaves.

For the last week I have seperated the 2 G13s and named them Sarah and Rosie. Sarah got no more nutes and only PH adjusted water when needed. Rosie got full nute schedule which for the first feeding was:
5 ml/gal Earth Juice Grow
5 ml/gal Earth Juice Catalyst
5 ml/gal Earth Juice MicroBlast
I also added 1 tbs/gal Epson salts as this is the fix for a Sulphur deficiencey and it will not harm anyone.
Several days later both plants looked essentially the same - perky looking growth but still with yellowing tips.
Yesterday I fed all plants (except Sarah) with a half nute level and epson salts.
I'm still waiting, I need one of these plants to tell me WTF is going on.

Here are the week 3 photos
First is Rosie
Sarah_G13_week_3.jpg
Rosie_G13_week_3.jpg

This is week 3 Sarah
Well ... have to get another post , for some reason the photo window icon will not activate ...

maybe a potassium deficeincy

Update Day 23 ...
Sarah (who got no nutes these past 10 days) seems a bit perkier and maybe not as yellow on the emerging growth tips as Rosie. But still not a great deal of difference between the two. Her's the two current photos...

The top is Sarah and the bottom is Rosie.

FishCake ....
I hadn't thought about that one (Potassium). The Earth Juice Grow nute is 2 - 1 -1 , so there would have been a small amount in the 2 waterings with nutes. Perhaps not enough for the G13 strain ?? hhmmmmmm ... I'll keep that one in mind and do a little research. Attached are the day 24 G13 photos and F*cking Incredible same day.

cheers mates .... milzzzzzzzzzz
G13_Sarah_week3.jpg
G13_Rosie_week3.jpg
Best_FI_Week3.jpg

fishcake ... Potassium might be the one
So I looked in the Plant pest and nute .pdf and sure enough some of the symptoms do appear to be Potassium deficiency... I have Earth Juice Meta K which is 0 -0 -5 so I'll mix up a small batch and feed that to Sarah who aside from this nute application has been on light watering only for 11 days.

A little update ....
plants seem a bit better since i started foliar feeding them a half nute solution with extra Meta K for the potassium. I have 4 plants that have been moved over to the 1 1/2 gal air pots; all the rest are in 3 L. air pots, they do appear to grow better in these pots.

I am also LST'ing 2 of them and then a FIM job on one and then the tender stalk scrunch on the last. I'll get some pics of that operation after they have gotten over the initial shock ...

Anyway here's some pics of them at 25 days (or so, but who's counting ...

Still feeding them the EJ diet weekly - 5 ml/gal grow, 5 ml/gal Catalyst and 5 ml/gal Microburst; with a titch of Myco Madness for fungal activity.

FI_week_3.jpg

This is the busiest plant out of the mix F*ucking Incredible
G13_Rosie_week_3.jpg

this is one of the bigger G13's - she has gotten better since i fed her more potassium, so i think that could have been her original problem.
AK_48_week_3.jpg

This is the larger Ak 48

AK48_quadra_head_week3.jpg

And that's the lady I call the 4 headed Hydra. She got accidently Fim'ed at a very tender age but is doing well ....

My plan at this point is to veg them up to suitable clone stage (maybe 3 more weeks) then take 2 cuttings per plant and root those bad boys and as soon as they are rooted throw then into 12/12. After sexing the clones I'll take 16 cuttings of the best mothers and put them into a 4 x 4 grow tent. Hopefully end up with 3 major grow areas of 6 weeks duration each, clones, early veg and moms in one area; mid veg, early bloom in another and final bloom in the last ..

cheers mates ...
milz

looks super boss glad you got the fix for your ladies :)

Hierloom n' Fish Cake ... thanks for the fly-by ...

Yeah.. things are looking pretty good for the current batch .. but wait ... WTF is that outside my door ???

PEST Alert big time

Shite ... I went for the water hose and found a 3 foot Diamondback rattler staring me down, no rattle no nada....
I went and got me old man's pickup stick (you know ... Walmart $6.95 gripper for up high objects)

picked that sucker up and put her in a box.

diamondback_in_box.jpg

Drove her down to the south 40 and let her go .. see how invisible she is in the Arizona desert ...

diamondback_cut_loose_on_lower_40.jpg

They don't bother me and I don't bother them ... but it does make for a rather exciting morning ...

cheers all ... milzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back
Top Bottom