Milz' Incredible

should of fried that sucker up.:)
oh yeah I'd be happier with the snake then I would with some evil pot eatin critter. and besides Eddy said that they are great baby sitters.:)

i watched a show where bear grills caught a snake and peeled the skin off then peed in it and hung it round his neck, he does these survival shows, he ate the snake and used the skin as a water holder, problem is he filled it with piss then had the balls to drink it on camera, not my kind of drink though, but to eat, now thats something id try,

i watched a show where bear grills caught a snake and peeled the skin off then peed in it and hung it round his neck, he does these survival shows, he ate the snake and used the skin as a water holder, problem is he filled it with piss then had the balls to drink it on camera, not my kind of drink though, but to eat, now thats something id try,

it tastes like chicken:)

me likes the chicken, just not many snakes round here to hunt, we got grass snakes, corn snakes and adders, and thats it, and the last time i seen a snake in the wild was well over 10 years ago, but it was huge it was an adder and i was walking the dog and the sun had just come out, so i was walking along then i heard the dog growling at something, i went over and it was a huge snake, must of been 8 or 9 foot long, my dog was going mental but their venemus so pulled my dog away, but this snake didnt flinch it just lay their looking at my dog and probably wondered if my dog was his dinner or not, but i have not seen a snake since.

my mate put a spy camera on his cats coller and every day he would take the camera off and download the video to his comp and his cat had come across a couple of small grass snakes, in the one vid the cat is just lying their clearly asleep and this snake is lying next to the cat, its was crazy, then the cat got up and walked away, we tried to find where the cat had been but when your following a video over fences and under bushes its a bit hard to follow, maybe i should tell him to fit gps to the collar, im sure they do gps small enough now to fit on a cats collar,
we seen the cat vid on tv and he wanted to get a camera on his cat, its pretty interesting to watch, we was shocked at how many houses his cat went into, 3 or 4 people would get food for the cat and you would see if walking round their house and eating their food, we always wondered why his cat was getting so big, we thought it was mice and rats and thats why he fitted the camera, but it wasnt mice and rats it was whiskas cat food, from the neighbours

Around here the local Chicanos peel the skin, eat a bit and then they dry out part of the flesh, pulverize it and make it into a slurry to apply to arthritic joints.. haven't tried it yet but if I get achy joints I just might.
The snakes are good for keeping the mice and rat population down as well.

"DIY equipment dog n pony show"

I am going to use LED's for the final bloom period but right now CFL's are doing OK for me. I had read where Ed Rosenthal reccommends a parabolic dish for the light-bulb style CFL's. I made one of those and fit an 85 watt bulb in it. It worked but it makes for awkward spacing to try and get the light dispersed so like all good cheap/ingenious/blathering engineers before me I made my own ...

This first one I call the Mark I Penetrator (after an old vibrator that died in the line of duty); The parabolic material is actually 3/32" white shower board material ( $8.00 for a 4x8 at Lowes) The ends and middle section are 5/8" plywood painted white and all put together with sheet rock screws and small washers. The lamp bases are the plastic ($1.49 Lowes) ones and the wiring is all 14 gauge regular spooled wire. It's (2) 85W 5500K cfls and (4) 23W 2700K's - total 262W which does fine for a 2' x 3' area.
The 85 W cfl's were purchased off Amazon for $76.00/4 pack free shipping

Side shot Mark I Penetrator
CFL_Penetrator_Mark_1_side_view.jpg

Underside shot
CFL_Penetrator_Mark_1_bottom_view.jpg

Nest I wanted to make a side fill or overhead hanging light, so I used a 6" tin exhaust pipe ($5.00 for 3' section at Ace hardware); these are already split at the seam so they fold over nicely onto 12" diameter 5/8" plywood circle cut in half.. I also discovered that if you play with the diameter of the plywood circle you can change the splay angle of the tin as you mount it on the plywood.

Here's the back/side view
single_side_85W_CFL_metal_back.jpg

Here's the guts side
single_side_85W_CFL.jpg

This one worked out great 'cause I can stand it on it's side (either one) or hang it in the usual manner.

Cheers all and thanks for stopping by ... milzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I like it very much good job freind.
we always just skined them and batter fried those critters up YUM YUM

Looking great man. So far this year I have had over two dozen rattlesnake encounters. A sharp increase for some reason. I was relocating them for a while, then it seemed like either there must have been a hatch nearby or I was relocating the same snakes over and over. At that point I decide to eliminate them if they are within 100ft of my house. Not my favorite thing to do, but the numbers were out of control. When you go out your front door and there is one nestled in the stair/house corner and the same day there is another at your garden hose bib.........it's time to do something.

Hierloom ...
I'd feel the same .. there's a danger factor that determines everything for me as well... a few of 'em and I'm OK, a horde and it's flat-head shovel whack time. They are territorial my friend so it may be the same group finding their way back ...
BTW I'm in so. az. about 40 miles from Mexico ..
It's a nice state because peripheral neuropathy gets me the med card so I don't bitch too much about state politics; and it's only a 5 hour drive to my sailboat in San Carlos ....

cheers all ... m.

very nice mate, looks like you done a great job, all id do now is keep an eye on the temps in the hood as cfls tend to build up heat over a longer period where as hps and mh are hot strait away, so check the temps and make sure its not causing problems, if the temps get to high in the hood or at plant level then just drill a few vent holes in the top to allow the hot air out and you should have no further problems

Short update ...
About 8 of the 14 plants are doing well. I'm taking two cuttings off each one and rooting them. From these I'll determine my strongest females; those plants will be mothers for a while and provide the set of clones for the first harvest.

The bloom tent is 2' x 4' and I'll be using two Blackstar chrome 180, which are about 105 watts apiece. I'll have 8 3.5 gal air pots in there with 3 clones apiece. Then I'll get all these folks trained to the right height and then build a SCROG at that level ...

cheers mates .. milzzzzzzzzzzzzz

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom