Mitt's Mainlining Manual

Hi Mittin

Had some time to catch up, looking good, and your keeping it very "manual"esque :cheesygrinsmiley::goodjob:

You mentioned trying to do this outside. How would that work? I'd have thought controlling the light schedule, and when flowering starts would be key later?

I'll be doing a couple of plants outside this summer, and making them look less like a Christmas tree could be very handy.

:Namaste:
HeyPiña,

I don't think light schedule is any different for this than it is for any other training style. For this grow, I will likely let them veg for 3-4 weeks after I complete the third and final topping. I'm on no time frame for this grow, so the determining factor as to when I start Flowering will be the size of the plants. I'm thinking that when the cola's get near the top of the tomato rings (15"from dirt) I will switch to flower. That gives me another 15" or so for the stretch. That would be maximum height for my tent. Eight cola's 24" tall would be pretty sweet I think.

I don't know anything about growing cannabis outdoors, but I would think as long as they would have a good 4 weeks of veg after their final topping, that would be sufficient. From my understanding, flowering outdoors generally starts in late July/early August...depending on strain and location.

Mini update

Not a lot going on right now. I did however trim Akorn today. Removed all her fan leaves. She's a healthy girl and growing really well. I neglected taking a photo of her before I trimmed her, so these photos are after her haircut.

SAGE is coming along strong and is just about at the same growth rate as PTW, even though she is a few days younger. They are both growing nice symmetrical nodes on each side and they almost look like twins....lol

Coma Kush isn't getting any air time today. She's doing good but is very non-symmetrical which I will show you in a few days when she gets her final topping.

And.....on to the show.

AKORN

Just after trimming her fan leaves
AK102.jpg
AK1110.jpg

PURPLE TRAINWRECK & SAGE

The two girls side by side....and a little comparison. SAGE is just about at the same growth rate.
PTW left, SAGE right

PTWSAGE1.jpg

PTWSAGE2.jpg

That's it for now. See ya in a few days when we'll do our final toppings.

6e504190bd9e379507d625120011f43f.jpg
She's still going. Just over 8 weeks of 12/12. Yield won't be much maybe 16-20g. Was going to do a mini scrog with her but went this route instead
Pretty sweet mini-mainline you've got there .
It's kinda funny. I have a clone I was thinking of doing a mini-mainline with, yet it didn't have any symmetrical nodes, and wound up doing a mini-scrog instead ;)
659ad4b1216950a1677c4dbf9fc609a2.jpg
Darkstar Kush, 2'x2'x3' tent, flipped to flower 3 days ago✌️

-------------------------------------------
Be who you are. Do what you do.
Those who are meant to journey
with you will find their way.
.KGBs Multi-strain Manifold. - Journals in Progress
420magazine mobile app

Update time! :cheer:

It's been 8 days since we did our second topping. Today was the third and final topping for PTW and SAGE. I did the third topping for CK last night and Akorn as you know, was complete last week...the hybrid main-line. The ladies are 39 days old today. Everyone is healthy and ready to for the last stretch of the veg cycle. I'm guessing around 3 more weeks or so for them before we switch to Flower mode. At this point the only maintenance I'll be doing is making sure they keep a uniform height, which they will pretty much do all on their own.

By the looks of Akorn, using Nebula's method would save about about a week of veg. PTW and SAGE are both perfectly symmetrical, while CK is not at all, but she does grow quicker and is further along than PTW and SAGE.

Not much else to report. I don't know when I last watered them, but I've watered them twice since they were transplanted. Both were at 1.75ml nutes/litre of water. When they are vegging, I like to wait till they are completely dry before I water, to promote root growth. When they switch to flower cycle, I'll probably up the nutes a bit and keep closer tabs on their water intake.

So then....off to the photo section.

Purple Trainwreck

This girl has built the thickest/strongest base to support her 8 cola's.

Before topping

PTW81.jpg

After topping

PTW9.jpg

SAGE

A few days younger than the others but just about on the same pace....not that a few days really matter though.

Before topping

SAGE71.jpg

After topping

SAGE81.jpg

Coma Kush

Her growth rate looks to be a bit quicker than the others. I probably could have topped her a few days earlier. I didn't get a photo of her before I topped her last night but I took a few shots of her non-symmetrical nodes.

CK81.jpg
CK91.jpg

Akorn

She's a cute little bush. I'm liking Nebula's method as it requires less maintenance and is a quicker Veg compared to Nugbuckets method.

AK1210.jpg
AK132.jpg

Lastly, a group shot of the lovely ladies.

ML-13.jpg

That's it for now. Not sure when the next update will happen. Nothing exciting will be going on for the next few weeks other than anticipated growth. Have a good one!

Time for an update.

It's been 8 days. I haven't done any maintenance other than watering once, so really not much to say. Both Indica plants (Coma Kush and Akorn) are growing a little quicker than the two Sativa girls. Hopefully those two don't get too crazy as my light schedule will be based on the growth of the two Sativa's (Purple Trainwreck and SAGE).

The RH is still very low and holding steady at 26. I'm done trying to fix that.....nothing works. The girls are green and healthy so that's all that matters to me.

So then....off to the photo shoot...which is pretty minimal today.

Purple Trainwreck

PTW10.jpg

SAGE

SAGE91.jpg

Coma Kush

CK101.jpg

Akorn

AK141.jpg

Group shot

ML-14.jpg

Hey Mitt.
I hope everything is going well for you and you're doing good. Just stopping by to see how things are going. Let us have a look at those lovely ladies and bring us up to speed when you have a chance.
✌️..

What you think, what you feel, and what manifests is always a match.. Every single time, no exceptions.

.KGBs Multi-strain Manifold.
KGBs Multi-Strain Manifold
420magazine mobile app

Hey Mitt.
I hope everything is going well for you and you're doing good. Just stopping by to see how things are going. Let us have a look at those lovely ladies and bring us up to speed when you have a chance.
✌️..

What you think, what you feel, and what manifests is always a match.. Every single time, no exceptions.

.KGBs Multi-strain Manifold.
KGBs Multi-Strain Manifold
420magazine mobile app

Thanks KGB...doing well. I was going to do an update this morning but a couple of the girls were really thirsty and weren't ready for a photo shoot. Later tonight or tomorrow morning they should be looking pretty and ready for the camera.

Howdy folks!

It's been 12 days since my last update. The girls are two months old today (59 days) and 20 days since their final topping. Haven't done much in the past couple weeks. Trimmed off a few lower fan leaves and watered a few times. They are really starting to chug the water now. Yesterday morning I was wondering why two of them were looking a little sad....then I lifted the pot. Holy sheit....she's dry! That was three days after I gave her two+ litres. I gotta stay on top of that now. No more letting them get dry.

Everyone is looking healthy and they've put on a few pounds since last update. Interestingly, it's one of the Indica girls (Coma Kush) that is stretching up more than the others. She's to the top of the tomato ring, 3-4 inches taller than her Sativa cousins (SAGE and Purple Trainwreck). SAGE is actually the shortest of the foursome, yet she has pretty much grown the same amount of nodes as the others. I haven't really payed attention to how the different strains grow, but by looking at these four, it seems clear that SAGE and PTW have better genetics than the other two. I say that based only on their growth structure....and well...they were premium priced seeds...while the two Indica's were freebies.

I'm thinking about another week to veg and then we'll switch to flower.

Here are the ladies.

SAGE

SAGE101.jpg
SAGE111.jpg

Coma Kush

CK112.jpg

CK122.jpg

Purple Trainwreck

PTW111.jpg
PTW121.jpg

Akorn

AK151.jpg
AK161.jpg

a
Family shot

ML-15.jpg
ML-16.jpg

Lookin' very nice!. Thanks for the update.

Another week? I suppose I can wait .
I probably should've let mine go little longer. Just couldn't resist .

Glad to hear you're doing well!
✌️..

Lookin' very nice!. Thanks for the update.

Another week? I suppose I can wait .
I probably should've let mine go little longer. Just couldn't resist .

Glad to hear you're doing well!
✌️..
Thanks buddy!
Yeah, I hear ya about patience. I told myself before this grow that time wasn't a factor. I want to see how good a yeild I can get in my half assed growing enviornment. So far things are looking good, and yes...I am getting a little ansi about switching them to flower.
I have about 18-20 inches above the rings for them to max out on height, but I have no idea how much they will stretch when I flip them. I'm a little concerned about Coma Kush as she's getting too tall, but I think I should be ok. We'll see I guess.

It's good to try and stick to your goals or expectations you decide on at the beginning of your grow. Careful with your flip height. Seems like most plants like to about double in height, give or take a bit. Every now and then you get a wild one though. I flipped a tent that had three from seed in it with a couple clones. The three from seed were all at 18" from the soil when I flipped...
420-magazine-mobile1616307323.jpg
The two in front are Lemon Thai Kush and the one in the center is Arjans Strawberry Haze. The lemon is a hybrid and the haze is pure sativa, and I understand growth can be quite different between hybrid, indica and sativa. It's just that before flipping they had been growing fairly even. Then the haze turned into a beast! The lemon nicely doubled to 36", while the haze nearly tripled stopping just above 49"!!
Here she is in the center still, towering above the rest...
420-magazine-mobile1894897461.jpg

The stretch was not from lack of light. They were under 1800w LED.
Ya never know!
✌️..

Good morning folks.....it's update time. It's also flip day. Lights just went out and the start of flowering begins.
The girls are 9 weeks old (63 days). It will be another 10-12 weeks until harvest time.
Akorn will be done at about 10 weeks while the other three will take 11-12 weeks.

A bit of maintenance done over the past week. I trimmed off the lower nodes/growth tips on each plant.....just one per cola. Also tied down a few cola's to keep the canopy as even as possible. Only Akorn has issues with an uneven canopy....but as we know, she got the nebula main-line and also had the one extra cola (9 in total). Five of the nine cola's are about 3 inches taller than the other four. Not sure the reason for this but those are the facts. The other three girls all have a nice even canopy with just an inch or so difference in height of their cola's. My plan was to flip them once they reached the top of the tomato rings. Right now Coma Kush is about two inches above while SAGE is about two inches below. The other two are just to the top of the rings.

I've added quite a few photos....hope you enjoy.

SAGE

PTW112.jpg
PTW122.jpg
PTW131.jpg

Purple Trainwreck

SAGE102.jpg
SAGE112.jpg
SAGE121.jpg

Akorn

AK152.jpg
AK162.jpg
AK171.jpg