Mitt's Mainlining Manual

Hmm how cool. In my opinion this seems like the most efficient use of the topping techniques. I had never heard of this before. Neat. I would love to know if you think the stalk designs delivers more efficiency producing better potency or yield maybe ? They would grow almost the same every time I'd think.

Woohoo! Yay flip day! Now the fun begins .
Girls are lookin' great! Time to get their stretch on!.
Nice job keeping a fairly even canopy. I got sloppy this time around and didn't do any LST after their last topping. Makes things a bit uneven .
Hope you're having a great day!
✌️..

-------------------------------------------
What you think, what you feel, and what manifests is always a match.. Every single time, no exceptions.
:Namaste:

.KGBs Multi-strain Manifold.
KGBs Multi-Strain Manifold
.KGBs Perpetual Pilgrimage to Ganja Town!.
KGBs Perpetual Pilgrimage To Ganja Town! Countless Strains! LEDs! 1800w COB! 4x4 Tent

420magazine mobile app

Hmm how cool. In my opinion this seems like the most efficient use of the topping techniques. I had never heard of this before. Neat. I would love to know if you think the stalk designs delivers more efficiency producing better potency or yield maybe ? They would grow almost the same every time I'd think.

Hey Advocate, welcome here and thanks for stopping by.

Yeah, I guess the theory behind this is to have less branches/cola's, making it more efficient to deliver the food to the flowers/buds. It's basically 8 Main cola's instead one, two or four....depending on how many times a plant is topped.

I like this method because it's not much maintenance and it produces a nice controlled plant. I've tried this just once before, on one plant....which was my first grow ever. It worked really good but the the yeild wasn't any more than a second plant I used lst/topping on. But...I'm definitely hoping that these girls will be my best producers to date...this being my 4th grow.

Woohoo! Yay flip day! Now the fun begins .
Girls are lookin' great! Time to get their stretch on!.
Nice job keeping a fairly even canopy. I got sloppy this time around and didn't do any LST after their last topping. Makes things a bit uneven .
Hope you're having a great day!
✌️..
Thanks buddy!

I had been sloppy with my last couple grows which is why I went with this method. The three girls didn't need much lst at all. The little bit I did was only moving a branch an inch down. I don't think a few inches in height difference would be a problem anyway.

I'll definitely be paying attention to the stretch amount so I know what to expect for future grows.

Good morning fellow 420 friends!

Today is a week in flower mode....or 12/12 light schedule. They've grown about 2-3 inches in height over the past week. I assume they will start their stretch within the next week.

Maintenance done in the past week consisted of trimming another set of lower nodes on each plant. I also tied most cola's to the tomato rings, keeping them evenly spaced. When the stretch is complete I'll trim off many of the inside fan leaves which should allow for good light penetration down to the bottom of the plants.

No other news to report so on to the photo section. Didn't have much time for photos this morning so they probably aren't the best.

Akorn
Four of her nine cola's are considerably shorter than the other five. Not sure why...but this is the plant that has the extra cola and was also trained using Nebula's method. Anyway, I'm not impressed with her structure and probably won't use Nebula's method in future grows.
AK201.jpg
AK2110.jpg

Coma Kush
This is the tallest girl of the bunch. Hope she stays within the height limitations of the tent! :hmmmm:
CK161.jpg
CK171.jpg

Purple Trainwreck
This girl is the most uniform of the bunch....and probably my favorite at this point.
PTW16.jpg
PTW17.jpg

SAGE
The shortest of the bunch. Three of her cola's have mysteriously grown taller than the others. Not a lot taller but I'm curious as to why.
SAGE151.jpg
SAGE161.jpg

Family shot
ML-20.jpg
ML-21.jpg

Good morning fellow 420 friends!

Today is a week in flower mode....or 12/12 light schedule. They've grown about 2-3 inches in height over the past week. I assume they will start their stretch within the next week.

Maintenance done in the past week consisted of trimming another set of lower nodes on each plant. I also tied most cola's to the tomato rings, keeping them evenly spaced. When the stretch is complete I'll trim off many of the inside fan leaves which should allow for good light penetration down to the bottom of the plants.

No other news to report so on to the photo section. Didn't have much time for photos this morning so they probably aren't the best.

Akorn
Four of her nine cola's are considerably shorter than the other five. Not sure why...but this is the plant that has the extra cola and was also trained using Nebula's method. Anyway, I'm not impressed with her structure and probably won't use Nebula's method in future grows.
AK201.jpg
AK2110.jpg

Coma Kush
This is the tallest girl of the bunch. Hope she stays within the height limitations of the tent! :hmmmm:
CK161.jpg
CK171.jpg

Purple Trainwreck
This girl is the most uniform of the bunch....and probably my favorite at this point.
PTW16.jpg
PTW17.jpg

SAGE
The shortest of the bunch. Three of her cola's have mysteriously grown taller than the others. Not a lot taller but I'm curious as to why.
SAGE151.jpg
SAGE161.jpg

Family shot
ML-20.jpg
ML-21.jpg

:goodjob: Beautifully trained plants there.

Morning ladies and gents.

Girls got a watering this morning so I figured I'd do an update.
We are at 11 days in flower cycle. I suppose they are in stretch mode but nothing too drastic yet. Their height increase is about 6 inches since they were flipped. They got their first dose of flower nutes today. I'm still going pretty light on the nutes....at least compared to the manufactures recommendations. They say 4ml/litre of water. I'm doing about 2ml/litre...and they get about 3.5 litres every 4 days. Normally I go with a Nute, Nute, Water cycle.

Lets take a look at these bad girls!

Akorn
This girl has unreal secondary growth. Growth tips from the bottom nodes have shot up right to the top of the canopy. Not sure how great this lady is at producing bud....but she's got lots of potential. I was going to get some photo's of this but I forgot.....maybe next update.

AK2210.jpg
AK233.jpg

Coma Kush
Still the tallest of the group....and probably the most uniform. Remember that this girl was topped above nodes that weren't symmetrical (which goes against nugbuckets recommendations). By looking at this plant, that theory doesn't seem relevant.

CK181.jpg
CK191.jpg

Purple Trainwreck
She's probably grown the most height wise since being flipped...although not by much. She is still nicely uniform in height.

PTW18.jpg
PTW19.jpg

SAGE
And the shortest girl of the family. Short but sweet....her nodes are quite a bit tighter than her cousin PTW. Same amount of nodes, yet 3 inches shorter.

SAGE171.jpg
SAGE181.jpg

Group shot
This is my fourth grow and I'll be honest....this is by far the best looking crop of my career.

ML-22.jpg
ML-23.jpg

Apologies about the poor photos. I was in a bit of a rush before the lights went out.
Until next time.....:peacetwo:

Good morning friends!
Time for my Sunday morning update. Just a few days since my last update but the girls have grown quite a bit. Twelve hours after the last update (their dark period), they must have grown at least an inch....probably more, and also looked to be in full flower mode. Today we are at two weeks in the 12/12 light schedule...and I'll say 3 days in their flower cycle.
Since we switched to 12/12, they've put on roughly 10 inches in height. Not sure how much more height they'll put on but I'm thinking they are pretty much done their stretch....at least I hope so. :bitingnails:Coma Kush has about 6 more inches in the "safety zone", while the others have 9-12 inches....so I think we should be ok.
The tent was getting really full and the were plants getting quite bushy, so I trimmed quite a few fan leaves off this morning.

Akorn

AK241.jpg
AK251.jpg

Coma Kush
CK20.jpg
CK212.jpg

Purple Trainwreck
PTW20.jpg
PTW211.jpg

SAGE
SAGE191.jpg
SAGE201.jpg

Group shot
ML-24.jpg
ML-25.jpg

Update time!

It's been 9 days since my last update and 23 days since we switched to flower (12 days since the first signs of flowers). The girl are flowering nicely. Over the past couple weeks I've trimmed off a lot of fan leaves. It was just getting way too full and bushy in the tent, and I want to make sure the top 12 inches of the cola's get good light. Watered today, 3.5 - 4 litres each. Nutes are still at 1/2 the manufacture's recommendations (2ml/litre). From this point on, it should be just watering/nutes for their last 8 or so weeks.
Height wise, they are still growing...although just a wee bit. Based on Purple Train Wrecks growth, they have increased in height of 12-13 inches since the flip.

Here are the girls this morning, just before their feeding.

Akorn
This girl is quite different from the other three. Only 5 of her 9 cola's have matured as "main" cola's. The other four are much smaller but she has a lot of secondary growth which has made her quite bushy with quite a few secondary tops. Looking like she's gonna be a bit more work at the bud trimming stage.

AK261.jpg
AK271.jpg
AK281.jpg

Coma Kush
Still the tallest of the bunch, by 4-6 inches. Her height specs are the same as SAGE and Akorn so I have no idea why she is so much taller. The light I use is HPS throughout the grow, so maybe that affects her more than the others. (the Yellowish HPS light is said to cause more stretch in the plants compared to MH or LED). Her structure and growth rate are both excellent though.

CK222.jpg
CK232.jpg
CK241.jpg

Purple Trainwreck

This is my favorite girl and I'm expecting big results from her. She's the most uniform and best structured girl of the bunch. All her cola's look relatively the same in growth, and they are putting on the pounds quite nicely.

PTW222.jpg
PTW231.jpg
PTW24.jpg

SAGE

For whatever reason, half her cola's have grown significantly bigger than the others. Not really an issue but it seems strange. Nevertheless, they are all growing some nice flowers...and in the end this girl may have the fattest cola's of the bunch.

SAGE211.jpg
SAGE221.jpg
SAGE231.jpg

Group shot

ML-26.jpg
ML-29.jpg
ML-28.jpg
ML-27.jpg

I water every four days so the next update should be in 8 days. Until then....:peacetwo::allgood::rollit:

Update time
4.5 weeks in flower (33 days)

Slowly but surely they are fattening up. Coma Kush used up every inch of space she was allowed. Any taller and she'd get burnt. I'm not impressed how tall she got. I think I'll be getting a LED light of some sort, at least one that I can use for the Veg stage.
Not much else to report.

Akorn

This girl is also known as Snowbud and I can see why. It's not really visible in the photos but her leaves are already caked full of trichomes making them almost white looking.

AK291.jpg
AK301.jpg
AK3111.jpg
AK322.jpg

Coma Kush

She's tall...I'll give her that. She's got a longer flowering time which looks like she'll need to get those buds fat.

CK25.jpg
CK26.jpg
CK27.jpg
CK28.jpg

Purple Trainwreck

It appears like this girl has the most bud growth so far. She finishes a bit sooner than CK and SAGE, so we'll have to wait til the end to see who the best producer is.

PTW25.jpg
PTW26.jpg
PTW27.jpg
PTW28.jpg

SAGE

Right now it looks like she'll be the smallest producer, but she's got the longest flowering time and I know for my past grow that she can put on lots of weight in the last few weeks.

SAGE241.jpg
SAGE251.jpg
SAGE261.jpg

Group shot

ML-30.jpg
ML-31.jpg

Happy Easter folks! Time for an update.

Exactly six weeks since the flip. Things are looking good. Buds are starting to really fatten up now...or at least I can see some good potential here. Just a couple of waterings since last update. I also did some back building on some of the cola's two days ago so we'll see what the outcome of that is...hopefully in a week or so.

Akorn

This girl has a lot of work to do in the next four weeks. She's the quickest finisher (8 weeks) according to the breeder specs, so likely the first to get chopped. Not too impressed in her bud building capabilities right now. She had a tonne of pistols but her buds are looking small and airy compared to the other three. I back built all but one of her cola's, snipping just the top of the bud. On a few cola's I also snipped several lower buds. Hopefully we'll see some positive results. She's running out of time!

AK341.jpg
AK331.jpg

Coma Kush

This girl is starting to impress me. Her buds have fattened up considerably in the past two weeks. This may be the last photo of her outside the tent. Her cola's are very tall and they are already starting to lean over. Moving her around won't be an option for much longer. She still has about 6 more weeks to go.

CK30.jpg
CK29.jpg

Purple Trainwreck

I back built one of her cola's. If I see some positive results in the next week, I'll do the remainder of her cola's before her final four weeks of life. Earlier I thought she'd be the biggest producer, but it looks like she'll have her work cut out for her if she wants to surpass Coma Kush!

PTW29.jpg
PTW30.jpg

SAGE

She's chugging along. She's got a unique look compared to the others. The very top of her cola's are thin but the buds below are fattening up nicely.

SAGE271.jpg
SAGE281.jpg

Group shot

ML-33.jpg
ML-34.jpg

That's in for now. Have a good long weekend!

Just a mini update here. I took a few shots of just the top cola's to show how they are looking up close.
Two shots of each, one without flash and one with flash.
Going to let Akorn go until Purple Trainwreck is ready. They are spec'd at 8 and 9 weeks respectively. Should be ready in 4.5 more weeks.
Looks like Akorn could use more time as her buds are small compared to the other three.

Akorn

AK361.jpg
AK351.jpg

SAGE

SAGE301.jpg
SAGE291.jpg

Purple Trainwreck

PTW311.jpg
PTW321.jpg

Coma Kush

CK321.jpg
CK311.jpg

Update time....

16.5 weeks old (115 days)
7.5 weeks since flip (52 days)
5.75 weeks in flower (40 days)

I calculate the flowering time from when I see the first signs of actual flowering....which was about 12 days after the flip.
We have about three weeks left for Akorn and Purple Trainwreck. About four weeks left for Coma Kush and SAGE.
Heading down the home stretch! :cheer:

Throughout the grow I have giving nutes at about 1/2 the recommended strength. I noticed that SAGE had lower fan leaves that were dying off which tells me she is using those leaves for food, so I have up'd the nutes in the last couple feeds. Maybe I should have used more nutes throughout? I think next grow I will go full nutes for the entire flower cycle.

Anyhoo....everything seems to look okay.

Akorn
Currently not at all impressed with this girl. She's gonna have to put on a lot of weight in the next three weeks. While her buds are improving....she doesn't appear to be in the same boat as the other three.

AK371.jpg

SAGE
She's the shortest of the bunch but had the tightest nodes. She's fattening up nicely.

SAGE311.jpg

Coma Kush
I wish this girl wouldn't have stretched so much and had tighter nodes. But all in all she's looking good.
Really anticipating smoking her.

CK33.jpg

Purple Trainwreck
I wish I could get her to actually turn purple.....but that's not going to happen without some cold nights.

PTW33.jpg

Group shot
I replaced my air filter prior to this grow...and it's struggling to keep the smell at bay.

ML-35.jpg
ML-36.jpg

Time for the girls to sleep....

:peacetwo:

Update time....

16.5 weeks old (115 days)
7.5 weeks since flip (52 days)
5.75 weeks in flower (40 days)

I calculate the flowering time from when I see the first signs of actual flowering....which was about 12 days after the flip.
We have about three weeks left for Akorn and Purple Trainwreck. About four weeks left for Coma Kush and SAGE.
Heading down the home stretch! :cheer:

Throughout the grow I have giving nutes at about 1/2 the recommended strength. I noticed that SAGE had lower fan leaves that were dying off which tells me she is using those leaves for food, so I have up'd the nutes in the last couple feeds. Maybe I should have used more nutes throughout? I think next grow I will go full nutes for the entire flower cycle.

Anyhoo....everything seems to look okay.

Akorn
Currently not at all impressed with this girl. She's gonna have to put on a lot of weight in the next three weeks. While her buds are improving....she doesn't appear to be in the same boat as the other three.

AK371.jpg

SAGE
She's the shortest of the bunch but had the tightest nodes. She's fattening up nicely.

SAGE311.jpg

Coma Kush
I wish this girl wouldn't have stretched so much and had tighter nodes. But all in all she's looking good.
Really anticipating smoking her.

CK33.jpg

Purple Trainwreck
I wish I could get her to actually turn purple.....but that's not going to happen without some cold nights.

PTW33.jpg

Group shot
I replaced my air filter prior to this grow...and it's struggling to keep the smell at bay.

ML-35.jpg
ML-36.jpg

Time for the girls to sleep....

:peacetwo:
You have got quite the little forest there.

Back
Top Bottom