Mitt's Mainlining Manual

OK back to the real girls....
Just one little pic of them tonight. I was concerned about how much the leaves were curling down and figured it might be due to their 24/0 light schedule. Yesterday they got their first dark period (6 hours) as well as today. I also gave them a micro amount of nutes yesterday. Today, after their sleep, they have responded well. Leaves are much more perked up this evening....thank goodness! At least another week before they can hit the tent.

ML-4.jpg

Good morning folks

Well, looks like we are starting to get somewhere. The little girls are putting on some weight. They were very thirsty this morning....which surprised me. I'm getting concerned that they will out grow their cups before I can get them transplanted and in the tent....which will be at least another week. Normally I would have transplanted them already.
ML-5.jpg

A little bored so I figured I do an update, even though there's not much to update. I'm not sure why they have been so sad looking but they seem to be looking better. Normally they are in the tent from day one, but these I've had under some cfl's outside the tent.

I know the PTW will be a taller plant and I can already see it getting taller than the others. I sure hope it doesn't get too tall. Her and SAGE are both mainly Sativa while the Coma Kush and Akorn are both mainly Indica. I hadn't decided if I would use a tomato ring but last night my SAGE that is nearing harvest had some major issues with her cola's falling over. My PTW did the same. So I will definitely be getting the tomato rings. They will give support as well as allow me to position the cola's so everything is uniform and spaced nicely.

Anyhoo....the little chicklets.
ML-6.jpg
ML-7.jpg

So...the PTW I just harvested turned out to be about 1.5 oz. That seems to be about the average I get from a plant. I really didn't give too much attention to this girl. Just a single topping and regular water/nutes. She also got major light burn on her one cola.
I would hope that the main-lined girl will do better....it sure should! At least this will be the goal....to get...say 2 oz off her.

Weighed and sealed....soon to be enjoyed! :smokin:

PTW62.jpg
PTW72.jpg

Good day eh!

It appears that my four girls have not really enjoyed their time under cfl's and outside the tent. I think the major issue is that they have been too cold overnight (daytime for them). My only means to keep the tent cool is to keep my room cool...and the only way to keep my room cool is to have the patio door open a bit. Works fine for the tent, but this cool air was also passing through my little compartment where the little girls were under the cfls. Don't know for sure....it's just my educated guess.

Anyway....I decided to empty the tent, meaning I harvested the SAGE this morning....probably a week too early. Trichomes were about 50/50 clear/milky. Not necessarily early...it's a matter of personal preference I guess. So now the little solo cup girls can live in a better habitat, and hopefully grow into monsters! I'll be transplanting them in the next day or two. I'll have some photo's of them later as well.

Here's the SAGE I reaped today. Similar yield to the Purple Trainwreck...maybe a little more. Not sure. Trimming her brought me back to my younger years, growing up on a grain farm. WOW...does this baby smell like diesel fuel! Yum.....lol

SAGE-1.jpg
SAGE-2.jpg

Looking good!.
I'm sure the little ones will be much happier in their new home .✌️

------------------------------------------
If your dominant intent is to feel joy while you are doing your work, your triad of intentions - freedom, growth and joy - will come quickly and easily into alignment. See your 'career' as one of creating a joyful life experience.
:Namaste:
420magazine mobile app

Finally....the girls have their new home inside the tent. I also transplanted them yesterday, which was highly overdue.
The night before transplant, I give them a good dose of water so that their root ball stays completely intact when I remove them from the solo cups. So they looked a little sad when I transplanted...cause they were quite wet. Twelve hours later, in their new home, they are looking happy.
I think they may be a wee bit behind schedule due to their environment. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out.
They are pretty much ready to get their first trim. I will let them adjust to their new home and then trim them...which will be either tomorrow or Sunday.

On a side note: Big day for all Americans...and really for the entire world. Wishing all the best to all American citizens and their new President! :Namaste:

Now...the girls in their new home.

ML-8.jpg

Well, I said I would be trimming today..or yesterday but that won't happen. The girls are just shootin out their 6th nodes, except for SAGE. She is a few days behind and only on her 5th node. I will give them one more day to grow some more muscle before I clip em.

I was a bit of a dumbass when I transplanted. I added some water to their new pots but I added way too much. Don't ask why....I just wasn't thinking. So they have been pretty soaked in their new pots and I want to give them at least one more day to get totally happy.
That's it for now. Be back tomorrow hopefully with their new hair cuts.

Oh..on a side note, my SAGE that I just harvested weighed in at 49 grams....a little more than the Purple Trainwreck. Anyway, those are the numbers we want to improve on with this grow.

ML-10.jpg
ML-9.jpg
20170122_094807.jpg
SAGE_harvest.jpg

I figured it was now the time to start the main-line, so I trimmed the shortly before they went to sleep this afternoon.

I don't really like doing this...haha. It's cutting a lot of the plant off.....scary...
But we did it anyway....except for SAGE. She's three days behind so I'll give her a couple more days.

Edit: Guess I should explain what I did. I topped the plants just above their third node from the ground. Almost cutting the plant in half :thedoubletake:
Then cut off all remaining growth below the third node, leaving just the one set of nodes and their fan leaves. The fan leaves are left on for now to help power the the growth tips, as they are quite small. Once they are growing bigger, I will cut off those fan leaves.

Edit-2: This is day 23 from sprouting so about three weeks from seedling to first trim.
Purple Trainwreck
ptwtrim1.jpg
ptwtrim2.jpg
ptwtrim3.jpg

AKORN

akorntrim1.jpg
akorntrim2.jpg
akorntrim3.jpg

COMA KUSH

Comatrim1.jpg
Comatrim2.jpg
Comatrim3.jpg