MK-Ultra Hempy - C02 - 1000 Watts

Re: MK-Ultra Hempy, C02, 1000watts.

Thanks for the info Doc,that's one reason why I follow your journals. You are always very helpful and take the time to answer everyone's questions. A big thank you from all for sharing your wealth of knowledge.:thank you: SS I saw a water filter on sale at menards for $10. It's a cheap one that goes on your tap, says it filters out the chlorine taste(not sure if it actually filters the chlorine) The better ones filter much more and are only about $30 to $40. Google Pur or Brita. :peace:

your garden is looking beautiful, and I'm glad the clone is doing OK. I have high hopes for that clone ;).

Do you let your tap water sit for any length of time before using it?

I'm trying to get a water report for the local tap water, but can't find any info on chloramine.

rock on doc!

Most city water, ours included, is pretty much on par with a swimming pool when it comes to chlorine. So, I got one of these:
Water Filters for the Garden
(I didn't buy it from them, but that's the filter I have.)

No proof of this but chloramine is supposed to be less toxic to plants at the levels they use. No clue if that is true though.

:peace:

I think tap water is great as long as it's not too high in Ca. I forget what the number is supposed to be, I found an article on it somewhere....but our water was well within spec. I tell ya what: my plants look great, and their drinking only tap water. :smokin:

Thanks for the info Doc,that's one reason why I follow your journals. You are always very helpful and take the time to answer everyone's questions. A big thank you from all for sharing your wealth of knowledge.:thank you: SS I saw a water filter on sale at menards for $10. It's a cheap one that goes on your tap, says it filters out the chlorine taste(not sure if it actually filters the chlorine) The better ones filter much more and are only about $30 to $40. Google Pur or Brita. :peace:

Well, I appreciate that, but I'm still a novice. I'm just a novice who reads A LOT, and I listen to people like Setting Sun and others who really know what they're doing. I'm fortunate to have made friends with some master growers, who have been supporting themselves for 15 years by growing legally. There is nothing about growing these plants that these guys haven't tried, indoor and out.

Their current method of choice is a rather large flood table with pots full of perlite. Kind of like a hempy bucket on a larger scale.
They like Floranova nutes, which I'll probably use when I run out of FF and Advanced. (they don't like advanced except for Hammerhead)
One guy in particular gets 4-6 ounces per plant, indoors, vegging for about 40 days. I'll be following his topping/trimming procedure one of these days.

your garden is looking beautiful, and I'm glad the clone is doing OK. I have high hopes for that clone ;).

Do you let your tap water sit for any length of time before using it?

I'm trying to get a water report for the local tap water, but can't find any info on chloramine.

rock on doc!
Here's the report for your water. Slap on a chlorine filter and you're good to go for soil. In soil you want a bunch of little bacterial/fungal critters. You don't want to kill 'em with chlorine. But for hydro, the chlorine actually keeps the medium sterile and fights algae.

report in pm.

Amazing looking plants you have their... Great job....

Most city water, ours included, is pretty much on par with a swimming pool when it comes to chlorine. So, I got one of these:
Water Filters for the Garden
(I didn't buy it from them, but that's the filter I have.)

I think tap water is great as long as it's not too high in Ca. I forget what the number is supposed to be, I found an article on it somewhere....but our water was well within spec. I tell ya what: my plants look great, and their drinking only tap water. :smokin:

Here's the report for your water. Slap on a chlorine filter and you're good to go for soil. In soil you want a bunch of little bacterial/fungal critters. You don't want to kill 'em with chlorine. But for hydro, the chlorine actually keeps the medium sterile and fights algae.

report in pm.

Thanks for the report, that's excellent news!

I'll check out the filters.

Oooops!

So much for feminized seeds. These popped up literally overnight. This isn't a hermie....it's a male. I hope I caught it in time....if not, I've got lots of seeds coming. The fan was blowing.
IMG_04096.JPG

IMG_04085.JPG

Questions: The male flowers have only been present for a day or two at most. Have they pollenated? I was careful when I removed the plant, but the fan has been blowing gently through the canopy.....

Damn.

Oooops!

So much for feminized seeds. These popped up literally overnight. This isn't a hermie....it's a male. I hope I caught it in time....if not, I've got lots of seeds coming. The fan was blowing.
IMG_04096.JPG

IMG_04085.JPG

Questions: The male flowers have only been present for a day or two at most. Have they pollenated? I was careful when I removed the plant, but the fan has been blowing gently through the canopy.....

Damn.

Check the lower foliage for "dust", you will see a fine layer of "dust" on the foliage if they blew their wad....sorry for the male bro. (Free pollen though :grinjoint:) Unless the fan was super strong on him then...no clue.

Just seen yesterday my lilbit has hermi traits...4 balls so far, hope it was from some stress that is now gone...

:peace: from the mountains

(If you think he has, I would remove your girls and thoroughly spray them down if they aren't too far along into blooming, water is supposed to be bad for pollen and then sterilize your room, don't want your future bud on your current ladies to keep getting pollenated by same said fan).

If you removed the plant soon after taking the pics, I think you got it in time.

The male flowers were still closed.

A small percentage of fem seeds won't be fems, but it shouldn't happen very often.

On the bright side, if you can keep the male alive for a few more days, you can collect some pollen and use it to make your own F1 hybrid by crossing that male with your next strain. Or you could make some F2 MK Ultra seeds by pollinating a few popcorn buds on your best female.

Good catch!

You're quite the catcher ;).

Check the lower foliage for "dust", you will see a fine layer of "dust" on the foliage if they blew their wad....sorry for the male bro. (Free pollen though :grinjoint:) Unless the fan was super strong on him then...no clue.

Just seen yesterday my lilbit has hermi traits...4 balls so far, hope it was from some stress that is now gone...

:peace: from the mountains

(If you think he has, I would remove your girls and thoroughly spray them down if they aren't too far along into blooming, water is supposed to be bad for pollen and then sterilize your room, don't want your future bud on your current ladies to keep getting pollenated by same said fan).

Thanks bro. I don't think they opened yet.....at least I hope so. Read below.

If you removed the plant soon after taking the pics, I think you got it in time.

The male flowers were still closed.

A small percentage of fem seeds won't be fems, but it shouldn't happen very often.

On the bright side, if you can keep the male alive for a few more days, you can collect some pollen and use it to make your own F1 hybrid by crossing that male with your next strain. Or you could make some F2 MK Ultra seeds by pollinating a few popcorn buds on your best female.

Good catch!

You're quite the catcher ;).

It gets worse. I went in just now and found more balls on two more plants. They literally sprouted up overnight. All 3 males have been disposed of. I don't want the pollen right now.

So, I paid for 10 feminized seeds, of which 8 sprouted. Of the 8, 3 of them turned out to be males.

Here's my teachable moment:

1.)Don't buy fem seeds. If I'm going to have to look out for males anyways, I might as well save money and buy regular seeds.

2.)Never ASSume anything. Thoroughly check each plant as soon as they start showing their parts.

I saw obvious female flowers and made an ASSumption of myself!

Oh...I thought I had split pheno's.....well I didn't. I had 3 males!

hold on thar babalooey ;)

1) The great majority of the time, fem seeds turn out fem, so your experience is not typical. No matter what method the breeders use to fem their seeds, it's never going to be 100%. It should be a lot less than what you got, but a significant number of male plants with fem seeds is not a complaint I've come across much in the grow forums, and there are *lots* of people growing with fem seeds, so there would be complaints. I might not use seeds from that source in the future, but I wouldn't go sour on fem seeds altogether based on this experience.

2) Although you mentioned that all those balls popped up overnight, I'm thinking there was some sign of them the day prior, so you make a very good point that we should never assume all the plants will be female with fem seeds, and we should check carefully for sex every day when fem plants start showing.

Your learning curve is being steepened. I have to wonder why? ;)

Thanks bro. I don't think they opened yet.....at least I hope so. Read below.

It gets worse. I went in just now and found more balls on two more plants. They literally sprouted up overnight. All 3 males have been disposed of. I don't want the pollen right now.

So, I paid for 10 feminized seeds, of which 8 sprouted. Of the 8, 3 of them turned out to be males.

Here's my teachable moment:

1.)Don't buy fem seeds. If I'm going to have to look out for males anyways, I might as well save money and buy regular seeds.

2.)Never ASSume anything. Thoroughly check each plant as soon as they start showing their parts.

I saw obvious female flowers and made an ASSumption of myself!

Oh...I thought I had split pheno's.....well I didn't. I had 3 males!

Not really sure they are femmed seeds with a 3 outta 8 ratio, 1 male in a blue moon sure (mutations happen), but femmed seeds only have female DNA, buried deep in any DNA is the pattern for both sexes but unless you had a gamma ray burst that triggered the plants gene's to mass mutate no way you had that rate of mutation. Now if it is a hermi prone strain or you have some ongoing stressor, then I can see plants with both sexes showing clearly. But if you have no pistil's and all balls then you have male DNA.

Not sure what to tell you bro, sorry man.

Not really sure they are femmed seeds with a 3 outta 8 ratio, 1 male in a blue moon sure (mutations happen), but femmed seeds only have female DNA, buried deep in any DNA is the pattern for both sexes but unless you had a gamma ray burst that triggered the plants gene's to mass mutate no way you had that rate of mutation. Now if it is a hermi prone strain or you have some ongoing stressor, then I can see plants with both sexes showing clearly. But if you have no pistil's and all balls then you have male DNA.

Not sure what to tell you bro, sorry man.

Yep. I paid for fem seeds.....but I got "regular" seeds. I have no stressors or gamma rays. The plants are doing great.

The root balls on the males were spectacular. I merely got ripped off; paid twice as much for fem seeds, but got regular.

Bummer about the males in your fem seeds Doc. It could have been an honest mistake by the seed vendor. I would contact them and see what they have to say about it.

Bummer about the males in your fem seeds Doc. It could have been an honest mistake by the seed vendor. I would contact them and see what they have to say about it.

I sent them an email....we'll see how they respond. When I contacted them about my 8/10 germination rate they didn't respond.

If they ignore me, I'll be happy to post a warning about the company.....they are NOT sponsors here.

Suck about the balls, it looks from the pictures they where not open but really only you can see that. As for the seeds, not sure where you got them but you really do have to be careful. I would send them an email and tell them what happened and that your grow is being documented on a grow site so they know that your not the only one who's is seeing the grow.

As far as I am concerned these seed companies need to be very careful what they send out. It take a lot of time to grow a plant to the point where it shows it sex and if they made a mistake they need to take care of it A.S.A.P. Just a thought...

Suck about the balls, it looks from the pictures they where not open but really only you can see that. As for the seeds, not sure where you got them but you really do have to be careful. I would send them an email and tell them what happened and that your grow is being documented on a grow site so they know that your not the only one who's is seeing the grow.

As far as I am concerned these seed companies need to be very careful what they send out. It take a lot of time to grow a plant to the point where it shows it sex and if they made a mistake they need to take care of it A.S.A.P. Just a thought...

I agree, bro.

:popcorn: Just finished reading from page 1 to 20. My eyes feel fuzzy... :geek:

First time I encounter the hempy bucket concept and I really want to try it now. I really really liked the multi layered germination cup too, sweet idea there I want to give it a try next time I sprout some seeds. I'm sprouting a bunch of seeds right now (hopefully they sprout..) in dirt. I'm just keeping it simple and hoping I pull through. I've learned much from the Doc and the Sun here. :nicethread: :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom