Mold and air circulation

KiwiKing

Its common knowledge that poor air circulation and high humidity promote mold growth in flowering plants, but the root cause of mold is air-born mold spores. Could not the problem of mold growth be solved with the use of ionizing air filters and/or the use of HEPA air filters, removing the need for most air circulation? I ask because mold growth even with air circulation is a problem in high density SOG grows where there is little to no air circulation below the top canopy.

--with the use of water cooled lights, you could remove the need for outside air, creating a sterile enclosed environment. With the added use of CO2 supplement, would you not completely remove the need for all fans and air circulation, or does the room need to have excess oxygen removed from it so as not to suffocate the plants. (wouldn't a CO2 burner consume excess oxygen?)\

**on a side note, i am looking for some grow equipment, if anyone has anything they are not using or would like to sell/donate, please PM.
(mods if this part of the post is not allowed, please do your thing)

I guess light tube would seemingly do the same thing, but you would have to make sure that absolutely no air escaped from the tube, as this would contaminate the grow room. --- let spores in. depending on the tube, where is the air coming from to cool it, you can't have any outside air being drawn into the room as this would bring in fresh spores.

Back
Top Bottom