Mono's Perpetual Soil

Overalls

SAM_07757.JPG

And a couple of the Auto's. I am rather pleased with their progress. Think I might be warming to the world of Auto flowering cannabis plants :)

SAM_077411.JPG
SAM_077012.JPG

nah ive already wasted enough time on them might aswell just give them the last 6 weeks lol, should get a few ounce hopefully to keep me going, ive got a good few weeks before my lil mini dwc mother is big enough to take cuts then time for em to root and a few weeks to get the grow room setup the way i want it, so the grow should be finished in time for me to get started again, not sure on how im gonna set it up, was looking at a rough tote from b and q for the res with 4 oxy pots connected to it but im now thinking of setting it up using three rough totes, gonna speak to somebody with a bit more experience in hydro before i make my mind up tho

You should have a chat with Cultivator. He is a wealth of knowledge on the world of hydro! A world I know absolutely nothing about.

Are you wanting to set it up yourself? There is loads of kits available online that seem reasonably priced..

what nug is that? it's really nice.

plants are out of control!

I would like to know how long it takes to get sex under a veg cycle.

what nug is that? it's really nice.

plants are out of control!

I would like to know how long it takes to get sex under a veg cycle.

That's a nug from my previous grow which was harvested in May lol. Still got a half ounce left. Strain is Double Berry, a cross between northern lights and sweet tooth! Smells like red berry and cinnamon lol.

From what I have read it takes around 6 - 8 weeks as the plant has to reach maturity. Might have to take a clone of the ww x skunk #1 as want to pull any males before I flip the lights to 12/12.

great pics mono mukker......mines usually show pistils aroud 4 weeks old some times 5 weeks but generally 4, i messaged cult today ive seen his grows and rate him as one of the best growers on 420 without a doubt, i was gonna go for the 4 plant oxypot with a res rdwc but i want a bigger res so instead of an oxypot im using a 57 litre tote from b & q and modify it to suit, but im now wondering if i could somehow buy 3 totes and use 1 for res and manage to devide the 2 totes into 2 chambersso make it pretty much a 4 plant setup. ive got a water pump already lying around from previous diy setiups aswell as plenty of air pumps,im a joiner to trade so know basic plumbing so i dont think it would cost me too much to diy a setup. the totes are only 17 quid each and i only need some basic plumbing gear to rig it up, also i just love diy haha

great pics mono mukker......mines usually show pistils aroud 4 weeks old some times 5 weeks but generally 4, i messaged cult today ive seen his grows and rate him as one of the best growers on 420 without a doubt, i was gonna go for the 4 plant oxypot with a res rdwc but i want a bigger res so instead of an oxypot im using a 57 litre tote from b & q and modify it to suit, but im now wondering if i could somehow buy 3 totes and use 1 for res and manage to devide the 2 totes into 2 chambersso make it pretty much a 4 plant setup. ive got a water pump already lying around from previous diy setiups aswell as plenty of air pumps,im a joiner to trade so know basic plumbing so i dont think it would cost me too much to diy a setup. the totes are only 17 quid each and i only need some basic plumbing gear to rig it up, also i just love diy haha

4 or 5 weeks would be great. Means I can pull any males before I flip the lights over to 12/12. Think the auto's have got another 6 or 7 weeks to go so should see their sex by then.

I agree there mate, Cultivator has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to growing weed. Would love to be able to grow on a scale as large as that haha.

Might be worth doing it DIY then mate, if you know a bit of plumbing then you should be dandy. Best to get it set up to what you want it to be rather than shelling out for something that isn't quite right.

ill be growing my ams mother in a 2 litre mini dwc, it cracks me up every time i look at it but im wanting fast growth, got a 5 litre a min air pump in about 1.5 litres of water haha, gonna be letting her go once i have had use out of her, would be great if you were just across the street to trade some cuts etc

Mono, how tall are those pineapple chunks you bent over? I feel like mine aren't tall enough yet.

My plants are 34 days since sprout with 9-10 nodes and not showing diddly. :rollingeyes:

Heya Dresney, The pineapple chunks will be 5 inches tall. Would have been a bit bigger but I have topped them and FIM'd a couple of side branches.

It's never too early to start the LST, in fact, the earlier the better while the stems are easily bent :)

ill be growing my ams mother in a 2 litre mini dwc, it cracks me up every time i look at it but im wanting fast growth, got a 5 litre a min air pump in about 1.5 litres of water haha, gonna be letting her go once i have had use out of her, would be great if you were just across the street to trade some cuts etc

Those should be some happy roots mate. That much air in such little water. Will be like it's on steroids! haha.

Would have been ideal to trade some cuts. Might be a bit far away from you though haha

maybe im just outside glasgow, i know a few people outside 420 who grow but i dont want them knowing i grow so its a hard 1 coz i dont wanna just tear her up once im done with her and i dont have enough space to have a fully grown mother so it will be a tough choice

maybe im just outside glasgow, i know a few people outside 420 who grow but i dont want them knowing i grow so its a hard 1 coz i dont wanna just tear her up once im done with her and i dont have enough space to have a fully grown mother so it will be a tough choice

You know where Perth is? I'm an hour north of there.

I know the feeling mate, I had to clear out a load of plants for the house move. Would have been great to be able to hand them over to someone else.

Do you feel that the GLR prolongs showing of sex?

Given that a mother can vegetate with a lighting cycle from 24/7 to 16/8 indefinitely and my ladies showed sex on their own at 8 weeks from start of germination with GLR, I would say that it actually helps a plant to reach sexual maturity. Sure you can flip at any time, but then the plant is being told that it is time to flower. You can do this with GLR as well and the advantage there is that the wait time for pre-flowers to show is less since flowering hormones have already been produced during vegging. With the way I use GLR, I am allowing the plant to determine when it is time to begin flowering rather than the other way around. Does it take longer than if I flipped at 4 weeks, yes, however I maximize the plants vegetative growth and let it mature at its own rate to let it naturally transition into flowering.

Given that a mother can vegetate with a lighting cycle from 24/7 to 16/8 indefinitely and my ladies showed sex on their own at 8 weeks from start of germination with GLR, I would say that it actually helps a plant to reach sexual maturity. Sure you can flip at any time, but then the plant is being told that it is time to flower. You can do this with GLR as well and the advantage there is that the wait time for pre-flowers to show is less since flowering hormones have already been produced during vegging. With the way I use GLR, I am allowing the plant to determine when it is time to begin flowering rather than the other way around. Does it take longer than if I flipped at 4 weeks, yes, however I maximize the plants vegetative growth and let it mature at its own rate to let it naturally transition into flowering.

That makes sense. And I am certainly for the argument of allowing plants to reach maturity before flowering. For all the reasons you stated as well as the minimal stretch during the early stages of flowering. Although, this can also be achieved by giving 36 hours dark before 12/12 as a sure fire sign that it is time to flower.

My question was do you find the GLR makes a plant take longer to show sex. I have had plants from seed show in four weeks, never more than six weeks. However, you say with GLR it takes you eight weeks to determine sex.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom