Monster Cloning & Seeds, LEDs, Promix & Soil

Beautiful buds Low!!
Now how big are those thumbs? I think I’ll use my huge thumbs for reference next photo opportunity :D #allthecoolkidsaredoingit
Looks like your making some wicked renovations!

I usually add calmag first
Unless i'm using silica blast then I add that first and let sit for 15-20 min. Then cal mag
Yes. I've read silica first.

I just I just want to make sure that we are actually talking TDS numbers here and not ppm. Completely different scale. Does your meter say if it's a 500 or 700 scale or say x1.5 or x1.7 or something?
Ok why did I not know this?? Please tell me the order I should be putting my nutes? Why silica first? Why do you wait after silica? Why calmag first. I add my protekt 2nd but I’ll change the order now if it matters. Explain please :D

Ha! I'm very passionate about my climate control so thank you!!!!

For me with the RO water, my ph is weird, adding calmag first seems to set a number for ph perfect to correct.

As far as silica, If I'm precharging coco as of late, I add ph up after calmag, I'm told ph up has silica, that's the only time these creatures see silica. I need protekt!

I'm not answering that question, but from how my water and ph perfect works that's where I landed.

I was told silica first as it can play a ph spike role and not sure what else .. let’s see if penny can help us

I'm not sure as the why to put silica in first but it's all over this place to do it that way. Hopefully Penny will stop in with the why.

I've read two different answers to this. First is that Si raises the ph so if you add the Si after your other nutes it can raise ph more where you first drip it in causing some other nutes to drop out of solution (become solids). This could be avoided by diluting the Si before adding it. Other thing mentioned was it takes longer to mix with the water so you want to give it time for things to stabilize before adding other nutes and trying to ph the mix. I'm more inclined to think it's the first.

Great info! Guess what... usually I do silica second or last and I always need it to be ph adjusted down from 6.6

Today I did the silica first let it sit for 5 then added cal mag and then FP. No PH down needed as it was a perfect 6!

Wth #science

Back
Top Bottom