Most Powerful LED

Thanks TS... I will keep my eyes peeled for advanced led's offering discounts and deals to members... wonder if they would give me a discount for grow journal? lol....

Do we get any discounts on LED's from our sponsors?

We are currently running a sale on our 120 Watt ($199) and 600 Watt ($999) grow lights. All 420magazine forum memebers can get a further discount on all of LED Grow Lights by using coupon code "GROWLED" in your shopping cart during the checkout process. All of our lights are made with USA Made 3W diodes and come with a 3-Year Warranty.

You can see our lights in Rosebud Magazine and the upcoming issue of High Times Magazine!

Hydroponic LED Grow Light | LED Growlights | Dorm Grow

:thumb:

Agreed Hydro,
I have a few LEDs myself and I find them pretty good for veg cycles but the price I paid for them I feel was quite high. My concern is the price that u pay for coverage simply isn't rational from what I ve tested. I really want to c these thing perform , and the magnum doesn't have the penetration power to sustain a mature plant whereas an digital hps seems to hold up.
Just my 2 cents

Agreed Hydro,
I have a few LEDs myself and I find them pretty good for veg cycles but the price I paid for them I feel was quite high. My concern is the price that u pay for coverage simply isn't rational from what I ve tested. I really want to c these thing perform , and the magnum doesn't have the penetration power to sustain a mature plant whereas an digital hps seems to hold up.
Just my 2 cents

I also found the initial cost of LEDs really high ... but.... I had to look down the road. Right away I am saving a LOT on electricity. I don't have to buy $100.00 bulb every 6 months. I can light a far greater area with one 15 amp outlet. I am not interested in high yield as my intention is a perpetual garden. I am on my first grow and in the bud cycle so time will tell but they are looking great and doing well

DSC_6039_group.jpg

yeah thats a given leds don't penetrate but n a big but they are well worth the upfront money and winds up cheaper in the long run than any other lites and not only price wize but the conviencey that leds give. My $500 UFO lasted through 4 years of continuos grows, veg and flower and I had decent yields given that i do either smaller grows in 3-liter pots or lst and sog grows in 3 galllon pots so for personal grows with less hassell leds rule ime. Rastafari

Nice point vampire,
I found that babies went into flower at approx the same size as those in buckshots pic, they were alright then got taller and bushy the tops were great but the lower 48 suffered until I used my lumatek. The led now sustains two and half mature plants at roughly three feet in height in tandem with the luma. I understand the hobby aspect of it but the hids appear to be head and shoulders, I would need at least three mags to handle my 4x8 realalistically.
But I also think there's something that the hids have spectrum wise that the LEDs may be missing, never know. I'm still going to keep trying with the LEDs.
And why are u wasting valuable Realestate on males?
Cheers

For an area that size you would need at least 3 of anything other than 1000w'ers. If you are using HID you want a min of 1600 watts. There are very few LED's out there that are 800 watt plus.

Even if you found the wattage... LEDs don't have the footprint of HIDs, do they? Seems like several smaller (within reason) LEDs cover better than one large one from what I've read.

TS, yes the effective footprint for LED's is generally smaller and less effective. It would be better to have four 300 or 400 watt leds than two 800s or three 600s. I think you could get away with four 300s if everything is positioned just right. My point was that it is going to take a lot more than 3 180 watt panels (357 mag's are only 180 watts of actual power draw) to cover a 4x8 area and that may have been the cause of the poor growth rates and reasoning for the requirement of supplemental lighting.

good point again but using 4 LEDs in a tent would be the power draw as digital ballast but i know the regular magnums have 180 draw and the plus model has 350 draw, i should test it u never with these guys. i know the next one won't be another magnum. I'm leaning on the black dog models well see from opinions of another grower that i know. I like advice from growers and not retailers, their job dictates every things good.

The bad thing is I doubt anyone has found the perfect spectral mix and perfect LED yet.

The good thing is, they're still working on it.

Unfortunately, dollars tend to get spent all along the journey.

And why are u wasting valuable Realestate on males?
Cheers

One of those males turned out to be a late blooming full fledge female! Number one male in the back has been pulled, spent a week in exile then was taken and used to selectively seed several plants.

PS here is S Girl (I had written "your girl" on that picture)

DSC_6149_SGirl.jpg

GSL-

You said that if people were willing to do a grow journal you would take 25-50% off the cost of the lights? I can do you one better. I have an advanced led diamond series 600w light that I have started a veg on and even started seedlings with. I've been taking pictures and keeping track, and if you're serious about being willing to give big discounts on your leds, I'll keep a grow journal and put whatever you have that is equivalent to the 600 watt advanced light head to head with it and compare/contrast the pros and cons of each light. I've heard great things about your lights, and I'd be interested to see what they can do. (and quiet all the talk from my buddies who are old-schoolers that "led's just don't have enough pop to flower.") I also have a couple 600 watt HIDs, and could add that into the mix if it struck your fancy.

Hmmm i used a UFO led for 4 successful years in micro grows and loved it before it burnt out. The ease of it and the use thru-out the grow far outweighs the upfront cost then by time you purchase all the other necessary equipment needed to keep other type lights happy, to me, the Led is cheaper - given they aren't practical for large scale gardens or commercial growers but once you tune in a personal grow style to get the best out of em, a hobbyist will find them second to none. :cheer:

It's nt that LEDs can't produce it's that they can't perform better than hids and the LEDs advertisements hype the crapxout of them bring better than said hids. I think they still have a ways to come and the prices are unrealalistically to high
Like I said in earlier posts my mag plus at 1100 dollars is about double what it's worth.

And the rebate idea is messed up on 2 fronts one being the lights are so pricy that any discount would might be the normal price and try should offer that price to begin with. It's not like all their stuff is shipped from china so that has no wxcusses about price fluctuations. And secondly why would someone be dumb enough to use their actuall cc info , just asking for trouble, u know how this industry can be at the best of times lol.
My .02$

Back
Top Bottom