MrMedic's First Grow: 2000W 4x8 Scrog RDWC

I use a bowl all the time lately saves so much time . It does defo knock some frost off but some strains work better than others
I allways hand trim the top colas An anything smaller goes in the bowl ,as for the popcorn bits they go in no problem An come out great it's them smaller bits that usually take all the time to hand trim I think
I cut all the bigger nugs off to hand trim then pull any big fans off the smaller stuff An literally drag the buds off the stem from bottom to top of each branch.
Good luck pal

Week 8 Flower

Week 7-8 comparison:
20180122_015832.jpg
20180129_010256.jpg

The buds have fattened further this past week. My ppms have been lower to 500-450, they fluctuate throughout the day. I will continue feeding between 400-500 ppms until flush. I will be monitoring trichomes throughout this week and will start to flush if I see them to my liking. Mostly all pistils are orange/brown.
This is a 9 week strain and in my unprofessional opinion they seem pretty on track. these girls had near 2-1-2 ratio until week 4, this extra Nitrogen seemed to keep the plants full green into week 8, I don't assume they will show some colour until the flush.

20180129_010930.jpg
20180129_010345.jpg

In the fruit:
72F Canopy
42 RH

In the root
66F Res
460ppm@.5(920μS)

Cheers :blunt:

I want to say thanks to this community, I have been reseaching horticulture for months before getting my hands green first, these forums have had the answers to any issue I have faced so far. I believe I should had aimed for a few more inches above the net, theyre 6-8 inches right now, 12 inch colas would have been more efficient.

Amazing for a first grow! Truly impressive. I m looking at your grow as I m hesitating to switch to flowering or wait for a bit more vertical growing. Your remark makes me think I should wait 2 weeks more

Just stumbled in here and boy am i impressed awsome set up Mr thats gonna reward you well. Your scrog has filled in so full! Im pretty sure i let my trellis get way to full before i flipped especially after seeing yours. Im gonna stick around and see how this finishes great job so far!! .

Week 9

20180205_022756.jpg
Screenshot_2018-02-05-03-17-33.png

Flush time! My trichomes are mostly cloudy right now. Flush was started 2 days ago. Cut down one plant yesterday to compare trichome maturity differences. Fully cloudy now aiming for 5%amber or less so I hit peak thc.

The purple kush side of this strain wants to come out. I'm planning to harvest in 2 days, dropping the night time temps down to 50-55F to try to promote this colouring.

72F day 50-55F night
42rh

Im only managing these temps at 2000w because the outside temp is -5F
Stay tuned! Cheers

Here is the last picture of the canopy
20180205_183710.jpg

Now... About the ipower leaf bowl trimmer. The trimmer certainly cuts down on trim time, however, longer colas should be done by hand. Anytime I put a bigger cola in it came out in peices. The trimmer is more ideal for the smaller golf balls. Heres a before an after, it came out in 2 peices.
20180205_223058.jpg
20180205_223249.jpg

Pretty rough cut, I gave everything a quick snip afterwards. The bowl does have its uses, however, don't put any nice colas in it or you'll end up with a bunch of hagardly trimmed balls

heres a nice little cola
Screenshot_2018-02-06-03-19-21.jpg

We have been trimming for around 7 hrs, I've run out of drying space on my herb rack alot of small buds in the lower canopy look light deprived, they have been left in hopes that they will get some colour to them.(very pale) This strain is very leafy and sucks to trim!

Beautiful
I can se I need to lower my night time temps get some of that purple you got big pain in the ass to trim but worth it I suckered the wife into helping out this time she was always afraid of doing it wrong but she used to cut hair so after 20 min she was making me look bad so maybe next round I can figure out a way to have her do it all haha
Again beautiful

I m curious to see if the latest lower buds that didn't get light will grow more. Good job whatever! Wonderful canopy and great harvest so far

@Jack420 8 plants 2x 1000w hps

@Bigjake8 mine too, shes very meticulous, I feel if I got some friends to help id just be quality controlling everything.

@flashmp3 Ive been harvesting every day still going! All thats left is small immature buds, they are getting some colour to them they were almost white at first. They're not really "fattening up" just ripening, most of whats left will become hash/bho.

Some buds are curing, most are drying and some arent even harvested yet, dry weight still over a week away.

@Jack420 8 plants 2x 1000w hps

@Bigjake8 mine too, shes very meticulous, I feel if I got some friends to help id just be quality controlling everything.

@flashmp3 Ive been harvesting every day still going! All thats left is small immature buds, they are getting some colour to them they were almost white at first. They're not really "fattening up" just ripening, most of whats left will become hash/bho.

Some buds are curing, most are drying and some arent even harvested yet, dry weight still over a week away.
Nice man def should b happy as can b I love harvest time just hurt cutting it down lol but all well at the end now one to the curing

Here is the last picture of the canopy
20180205_183710.jpg

Now... About the ipower leaf bowl trimmer. The trimmer certainly cuts down on trim time, however, longer colas should be done by hand. Anytime I put a bigger cola in it came out in peices. The trimmer is more ideal for the smaller golf balls. Heres a before an after, it came out in 2 peices.
20180205_223058.jpg
20180205_223249.jpg

Pretty rough cut, I gave everything a quick snip afterwards. The bowl does have its uses, however, don't put any nice colas in it or you'll end up with a bunch of hagardly trimmed balls

heres a nice little cola
Screenshot_2018-02-06-03-19-21.jpg

We have been trimming for around 7 hrs, I've run out of drying space on my herb rack alot of small buds in the lower canopy look light deprived, they have been left in hopes that they will get some colour to them.(very pale) This strain is very leafy and sucks to trim!
I ordered a bowl trimmer as well. Do you think it could be used for dry trimming? I had read that's dry trimming is more painful to do only if the plant hasn't drought enough. I ve seen many reviews of bowl trimmers on wet buds but never with dry. Can you tell me your thoughts about it?

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay. I have been very busy with the harvest and processing of trim.l etc. Here is the haul!

So we did alright... 2.8lbs of good buds around 200g of larfy popcorns and 50g of shatter with only half of the trim. Will be running whats left when i have time(another 400g or so of sugar leaves).

Overall the knowlegde gained from this grow has been the most valuable. Ill be aiming for less but larger colas next time i run the screen. Ive redesigned the recirulation system as by the end of the grow the 1/4 lines did nothing. Now ill be running a 950gph mag drive with 1/2 lines. That should stir the solution better.

Cheers everyone Ill be pheno hunting for a while with blueberry and strawberry banana

Back
Top Bottom