MrMJ Very First Grow Nirvana Master Kush, Soil

Quick update: put her little sister in a solo cup and under light with her. I am having to switch back to 24/0 light so when she does pop she will have light. I don't have another area I can put her at the moment to do it separately so hopefully this doesn't stress #1 out too bad switch light schedules within days. The new seed had a tap root bout 1" long! Hopefully she doesn't take too long to show herself. I will probably be making some sort of makeshift secondary Grow area as I would like to have somewhat of a perpetual Grow and am hoping to take a couple clones from these girls. The new girl is in the old cup with the FFOF that was flushed but I did top the cup off with FFHF. I also lowered the light so it's not about 4" from the girls. Also my pH pen came and it appears my tap is about 7.6 so I will continue to use bottle water until I get some pH down. I also just got the digital accurite so ignore the highs and lows in this picture as it will take about a day or so to regulate itself.
IMG_196826.JPG

So things are looking okay in the tent. I think there may have been a bit of heat stress going on as well when I got home from work the high in the tent for the day was 84F that's too high for my liking don't want it over 80 at all. The new girl hasn't shown herself yet hopefully tomorrow. I will update with a pic tomorrow.

Picture day as promised. Girls are look pretty good imo. #1 has 3rd set of leaves and #2 has shown herself! This is exciting! I'm am going to have to get some type of AC for the room their in as temps have gotten to 84F at peak of the day and summer is just for getting started. I watered them yesterday and will probably do so again tomorrow or Sunday. When should I up pot my big girl? She had some stunted growth in the beginning but is about 2 weeks old tomorrow I believe.
IMG_197530.JPG

Hello all 420 MrMaryJane here this will be my very first grow. I have never grown anything in my life. I have been reading around this site for the past about 6months reading a lot of journals and help tips. The knowledge on this site is amazing. I wasn't going to do a journal I suppose in fear of not doing anything right lol. I have been very passionate about marijuana for many years and have wanted to grow but never got around to it. I finally said f it and started ordering stuff. I ordered 5 master kush fem from Nirvana. I germinated 2 in the paper towel method and had a tap root within 48hours. They were done about 2 days apart. I am doing this on a "as I go along" budget. I have a 4x2x5 tent. I have the 2 seedlings in solo cups right now that I cut some holes in the bottom and there under 2x 100w (23w actual) CFL. I am using FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil. I will be using FoxFarm Nutes at least the trio hoping to get open sesame, beastie bloomz, etc. also. I am starting a journal because things are not going well in the tent:helpsmilie:.I am pretty sure like 98% positive I have already killed one of my girls. There was a stem but just never proped up. The one that has successful actually grown is at a stand still. I'm hoping I can figure out how to upload pictures as this is my first post on here. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you and I'm stoked to be apart of the 420 community!

Why would leaves be curling up like this? I'm sure I was victim of my own noobness as I was probably over watering but would that cause these leaves?

Stick with it. I was same as you. Hadn't ever grown anything before. It won't take too long but man I get frustrated sometimes.

I got bunch of colas in my room now though. And I thought I screwed then so bad first time around, but they will make it even with mistakes.
It's an awesome thing to watch a plant. Good luck and keep at it ;)

Update for today! I watered just after taking these pictures. Both girls look good imo, my big girl gets me excited every time (my very first plant) then I drowned one so the little seedling is my 3rd. I got creative last night (as I said I doing this pretty cheap right now) and took a box and made a secondary space. I used the floor lining from my tent to wrap the walls, what do ya know perfect fit! Wired a cheap 225w (not sure actual watt) through and there ya have it. I really want to get my big on a 18/6 light schedule so this was a quick fix for that. So she will be changed back to that today with lights going off around 1pm and coming on 7pm. I bought a cheap light timer that I'm tinkering with to see how it works. My first attempt failed as I tried to see it for the above schedule and the light turn off around 12am! You thankfully I was up and turned it right back on. I will be going to Las Vegas this coming weekend for 4 days. Super excited but worrisome too in regards to my girls. Someone will be coming to water then but I desperately need to get this timer figured out. Well here's a pic of the girls and my makeshift tent.
IMG_198833.JPG
IMG_198933.JPG

Hello 420! (Those of you that are actually here lol) I'm gonna do an update today as it's been about 3 days. I have over come a bit of my noobness and I haven't watered the girls! As much as I have wanted to I have read many times one of most common problems for new growers is overwatering. This is going to be a 2 part update as I want the pictures to be seperate. The first part you will see the girls in all their glory lol. The little ones cup is still fairly heavy so she won't get watered until tomorrow. My big girl got her transplant today! Yayyy (I was excitied) now I have never grown anything let alone transplant so there was a bit of anxiety there. Things got a little messy but she can put pretty good. There was a good root network about the size of the solo cup she held together pretty well. Roots were white. She did get a pretty dirty when I flipped her to take her out I tried to blow most of the dirt off so hopefully that is okay? She is now in a 1gallon plastic pot with a mix of FFOF, FFHF, and some perlite. I also threw her under sunsystem 150HPS light mainly to see how the environment in the tent changes.
IMG_199328.JPG
IMG_199633.JPG
IMG_199737.JPG

So for the second part of today's update I think I have encountered some problems oh noooo! Hopefully someone can help. So my my big girl has some spotting on the tips of her biggest leaves (the first set) I am taking pictures with my phone so hopefully can make it out. I didn't think I would have any nutrient issues this early with Ocean Forest as it is a very hot soil. I've read journals where people say they have gone up to 6weeks with FFOF before adding any Nutes. If this is indeed the problem, will the transplant help as it has fresh soil in it? Or do I need to take some sort of immediate action?
IMG_199540.JPG
IMG_199432.JPG
:helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

My second question is my stalk (Main stem). It appears as if it is shedding its skin? Is this normal? Any advice if this isn't normal?
IMG_199836.JPG
:helpsmilie:

As always any help and advice or tips is greatly appreciated!

Ok so the tips are on the first set of leaves but they aren't the biggest apologize for any confusion. These spots are on the biggest leaves. Any ideas?
IMG_199934.JPG

So after a bit of research I believe I may have a boron deficiency. I hope the timing doesn't stunt or stress her too much because I won't be able to handle it until tomorrow. I will be getting some CalMag and a base set of trio Nutes (not sure brand yet that will be made tomorrow) and pH up and down. Will let know what happens. It sucks because I am leaving for Vegas the following morning so I won't be able to tend to my girl like I should.

Just left the store I ended up just going with GH trio and also got some CalMagic will be feeding at minimal dosage tomorrow morning before I leave for my trip with a friend feedings probably Monday. Will update pictures before I leave. Have a good day 420!

Good morning 420! As I mentioned I just got back from Las Vegas it was a blast! I was worried about my girls but a friend came to water once (I was gone for 5 days) and imo they look great! The problem leaves did get worse but all the new growth is green! I began GH first week schedule at about 1/4 of recommended dosage with calimagic at just about a full dosage I think they took it very well. I will do my best to keep the photos organized. Hopefully now that things are getting interesting I can get some viewers! lol so it was a busy morning in the tent, my big girl has got a mild odor to her yay! I clipped the problem/dead leaves off and topped her. She grew naturally with 2 stalks so that was awesome (I hope this isn't an abnormality) so topped each side. Hope it did it right as I am hoping to have her on 12/12 sometime this coming week after she recovers from the clipping. My little one got transplanted into her gallon pot. Prior to 12/12 they will be going in 3 gallon fabric pots. Speaking of 12/12, do I go into after a dark period or start it with a 12 hour light period? Or does it even matter. The cheap timer I bought failed me as I personally had them off during the day (1pm-7pm) and we got home around midnight and the lights were off. I immediately turned them on so I could get them back to normal hope this doesn't stress too much I would hate for some hermies.
IMG_208531.JPG
IMG_208629.JPG
here is my big girl and her problem leaves and the topping/clippings. Any input?
IMG_208032.JPG
IMG_208133.JPG
IMG_207936.JPG
IMG_208331.JPG
IMG_208425.JPG
IMG_208227.JPG

The middle cut was the one big problem leave. Here is my little one and her transplant.
IMG_208827.JPG
IMG_208727.JPG

For some reason the picture after transplant didn't upload I will post in seperate post with picture of them in their home together. Help/advice/feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Welcome guru and urban, and thank you for the kind words. Just getting out of work checked in on the girls and look good. I'm at a crossroad because #1 is doing so well (to me) and I want to switch to 12/12 within the week but #2 has some time yet so I guess I am going to see how well my makeshift tent (cardboard box lol) holds up. Was going to put the 200w CFL in there with the little one by herself and my big girl will have the tent to herself temporarily under the 150HPS. Hoping to be able to order at least one of my LEDs this week ( I am looking at doing [2] 300w Mars Hydro) I also think I will be transplanting my big girl in the next day or two. She just got her one gallon about a week ago but I can see some roots through the drain holes in the bottom. I just don't know if transplanting so soon after topping is a good or bad idea? I will also be watering tomorrow with just plain spring water, following water will be Nutes. I will see how they react and hopefully I can't get on a every-other schedule as far Nutes. Anyways I will update tomorrow with the decisions I make also with pictures. Goodnight 420!

Back
Top Bottom