Mutant plant - stems covered in trichomes

Dr gimbspoon I'm thinking
Interesting, I was thinking Dr. Grinspoon, I grew a couple plants 2 yrs ago, they get really tall outdoor, around 7' in a 10 gal pot.
And loaded with tch, it's hard to consume a fully rolled joint at one time, it least for me it was. A little harsh though, but I think I may have not given it enough time to fully cure.
I have seeds on order for this coming spring stock.

dr-grinspoon_circle_new_11_912121bf-dr-grinspoon-tall-400x400.jpg

I had a similar flowering pattern with a Malawi Gold. It never formed buds but rather grew flowers at every node. It had trichomes on the stems but not as heavily endowed as your WW. I harvested mine by scraping the stem with a pair of notched scissors. I had an electrician's wire stripper as well but found the scissors worked better.

Here's a link to my grow journal showing the mutant Malawi Gold and scissors.
Malawi Gold Revisited: Queen Sativa

I had never seen this growth pattern before so it got my attention and I wondered why. My thoughts are it's a sativa trait gone wild. Plants want to produce seeds; that's their main objective. A plant completely covered with flowers stands a better chance at getting pollinated than a plant with flowers only at the branch tips.

I had a similar flowering pattern with a Malawi Gold. It never formed buds but rather grew flowers at every node. It had trichomes on the stems but not as heavily endowed as your WW. I harvested mine by scraping the stem with a pair of notched scissors. I had an electrician's wire stripper as well but found the scissors worked better.

Here's a link to my grow journal showing the mutant Malawi Gold and scissors.
Malawi Gold Revisited: Queen Sativa

I had never seen this growth pattern before so it got my attention and I wondered why. My thoughts are it's a sativa trait gone wild. Plants want to produce seeds; that's their main objective. A plant completely covered with flowers stands a better chance at getting pollinated than a plant with flowers only at the branch tips.
Looks just like mine. Imma gonna make a tincture and kief

Trichs on the stems is crazy, you should keep some clones.

Imagine how much weirder it would look crossed with frisian duck.
Hi! could you describe the flavour profile of Frisian Duck?
As I remember getting something from a friend which was either from his Frisian Duck, Frisian Dew, Shaman or Durban poison was also an option I think that was all he shopped at Dutch Passion, it was pretty purpleish.
And the main thing I remember it was unlike any other weed I ever tasted, certainly vaped it was incredibly delicious smoked it was a bit weird as it was so far from classic weed profile.. it was very incense like but in a good way I , very herbal & spiced, but also sweet floral notes that transformed and ended clove like, maybe even a hint of sandalwood. I kinda would like to encounter it again.
Vaping it was a joy, very complex.

It is a mutant created by a totally stressed out plant, creating the Trichomes on the branches and stems is merely a defensive mechanism . The trics on the branches are not the same as the ones on the leaf and bud ,, They are bitter and toxic to Dieter herbivores ( pests if you will) if you clone it, put it back into full”” veg , then flower,, I doubt it will produce the same effect...

Hi! could you describe the flavour profile of Frisian Duck?
As I remember getting something from a friend which was either from his Frisian Duck, Frisian Dew, Shaman or Durban poison was also an option I think that was all he shopped at Dutch Passion, it was pretty purpleish.
And the main thing I remember it was unlike any other weed I ever tasted, certainly vaped it was incredibly delicious smoked it was a bit weird as it was so far from classic weed profile.. it was very incense like but in a good way I , very herbal & spiced, but also sweet floral notes that transformed and ended clove like, maybe even a hint of sandalwood. I kinda would like to encounter it again.
Vaping it was a joy, very complex.
I've never tried Frisian Duck so I can't tell you anything about the flavour profile, sorry.

I've never tried Frisian Duck so I can't tell you anything about the flavour profile, sorry.
"Strain flavors... spicy/herbal, pine, chestnut."

"Flavors... Sweet, woody, pine, citrus"

"Frisian Duck has a subtle yet spicy aroma and flavour profile // Frisian Duck is a hybrid cannabis strain that is bred for its distinctive leaf shape which looks like a ducks footprint. She grows without being recognisable as cannabis for much of her life. Her compact buds have quite a subtle spicy aroma with hints of fresh forest, pine and citrus. The aroma isn’t that pungent, helping her to maintain a low smell profile even when the big purple flowers have matured and dominated its looks."

"What does Frisian Duck taste like? // Frisian Duck has a slightly fruity, piney taste that can have hints of berries and fresh forest. Some phenotypes express a more citrus dominated flavour profile. Being slightly citrus and piney, her aroma profile definitely wakes you up! Perfect for a morning or daytime smoke."

Oh thanks CBDhemp808, Actually after I remembered because of Philly's post I went looking at the site as well.. Only problem pretty much any I mentioned could be it as they all have a rather spiced & herbal aroma I guess it's the purple influence & flavour shining through in those strains. The only way to know is to get them and grow them out I guess.
Although I have an inkling it might be Frisian Dew, as that one says lavender & pine like hints.. and lavender was a hit I got once in a while as well.

@Fardnagit do tell how this turns out after you harvested those trichs.. and if they are bitter as Jonny5 says, I sure hope not!

Oh thanks CBDhemp808, Actually after I remembered because of Philly's post I went looking at the site as well.. Only problem pretty much any I mentioned could be it as they all have a rather spiced & herbal aroma I guess it's the purple influence & flavour shining through in those strains. The only way to know is to get them and grow them out I guess.
Although I have an inkling it might be Frisian Dew, as that one says lavender & pine like hints.. and lavender was a hit I got once in a while as well.

@Fardnagit do tell how this turns out after you harvested those trichs.. and if they are bitter as Jonny5 says, I sure hope not!
I will got a few weeks to go

Back
Top Bottom