My 1st & A Half Grow!

Hey guys, have had the mother in law at the house for the past week visiting and haven't had too much time to spend elsewhere BUT she is packing her bag to leave now (THERE IS A GOD!!! LMAO) But I was wondering what you guys think about a transplant, as roots are showing and coming out of the weep hole and personally I think she is getting a little cramped... but that could just be a little "over care" trying to shine through in me. Will post pics in 5 min...

My 1st & A Half Grow!

420-magazine-mobile734311185.jpg
420-magazine-mobile60386078.jpg

My 1st & A Half Grow!

Hey brother, from one Veteran to another "WELCOME". I see pennywise has taken you under her wing. I'd like to

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Oops sorry wrong button pull up a chair and chime in once and awhile

Meet you on the high ground

You can transplant but with autos its risky, autos grow a long main tap root so you need a deep pot or bucket. Oh and Pennywise is a he! Lol

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread
Sorry bout that, I deleted response to transplant while going to wakeup my clones.
What is that a 1qt pot?
Increase the size X3, so you won't tend to over water.
How did the FIM go? Good cut or a bunch of ugly leaves?.

Sorry bout that, I deleted response to transplant while going to wakeup my clones.
What is that a 1qt pot?
Increase the size X3, so you won't tend to over water.
How did the FIM go? Good cut or a bunch of ugly leaves?.

Yes about 1 qt... due to lack of funds and having to abide by a budget. I pulled the trigger and.... over Transplanted apparently... now that being said, mistake realized, what sort of adverse effects can I see from my actions. As per over watering, I'm confident I have that down and my patience is better in that arena. But I'm worried I may have made another typical noob mistake... will it harm her to the point it's going to drastically affect my quality or quantity?

My 1st & A Half Grow!

First things, transplanting in soil is not hard or harmful. Problems arise when we wait to long and roots bound. Or water wrong after transplant. Systematic increase in pot size is best. You have an Auto plant roots are showing in weep hole good time to go to a gallon pot. 2 weeks from transplant go to a 2 gal unless rapid growth and roots are potruding half way up rootball when pulled go to a 3 gallon pot. Water slowly and evenly (rootball is more dense than added soil. Don't pool water, use a rain spout, and go slow. If it takes you 15 minutes to water-so do it.
I love clay pots for patio growing. They need a little more monitoring do to they are greatly effected by temps and there porous.
FIM is a technique I use quite often. I do consider myself accomplished but, nail it about 75% of the time. You know it's right when branching starts from top and works it's way down the plants.
Ugly leaves are OK.
My current grow is in hydro 3 reservoirs 36 plants. I have 3 clones taken from week 3 of flower that I will be putting in soil this week for an outside (Gorilla grow).
Don't worry, I know other members and myself will have your back.
Let me quess. Army, INF or CAV Scout, enlisted.

Any thoughts on a transplant for my girl? Opinions?

My 1st & A Half Grow!

I transplanted my autos about a week ago when they were 2 weeks from germination. I was worried but I did it very carefully and they don't seem to have gone suffered. I may have stunted their growth, but I won't really know for a while.

Unfortunately, I was in a situation where I pretty much had to transplant because I started them in tiny pots and there was no way they would make it to maturity like that.

If you decide to do it, I would fill up your new pot, and scoop out a good hole in the middle that is even bigger than your old pot. Very gently hold the old pot upside down and lightly tap the plant out of the old pot. Do not touch the root or remove any dirt from the old root area. You can gently hold it at the base of the stem. Then immediately put it in the new hole, lightly fill the hole in around the roots. Water it lightly with plain water and kind of press down on the surface of the soil to kind of pack it in a little. Then I would leave it alone for a couple of days. The most important thing is to be very gentle.

This is how I have transplanted veggies and flowers in my outdoor gardens for many years and it seems to have worked with my 4 autos also.

I think what I have learned is that I need to plan ahead and plant my autos in big pots right away so that I am not in this situation again!

First things, transplanting in soil is not hard or harmful. Problems arise when we wait to long and roots bound. Or water wrong after transplant. Systematic increase in pot size is best. You have an Auto plant roots are showing in weep hole good time to go to a gallon pot. 2 weeks from transplant go to a 2 gal unless rapid growth and roots are potruding half way up rootball when pulled go to a 3 gallon pot. Water slowly and evenly (rootball is more dense than added soil. Don't pool water, use a rain spout, and go slow. If it takes you 15 minutes to water-so do it.
I love clay pots for patio growing. They need a little more monitoring do to they are greatly effected by temps and there porous.
FIM is a technique I use quite often. I do consider myself accomplished but, nail it about 75% of the time. You know it's right when branching starts from top and works it's way down the plants.
Ugly leaves are OK.
My current grow is in hydro 3 reservoirs 36 plants. I have 3 clones taken from week 3 of flower that I will be putting in soil this week for an outside (Gorilla grow).
Don't worry, I know other members and myself will have your back.
Let me quess. Army, INF or CAV Scout, enlisted.
Lmao... we wear our jobs like we wear our blue. Hit the nail on the head, thx for tagging along!!!

My 1st & A Half Grow!

Back
Top Bottom