My First Closet Grow! Marshydro 300W: Bag Seeds

I have a question? How long should I leave it under the light it's my first time growing?

420-magazine-mobile2117231231.jpg

Sent from my A466BG using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for stopping by man.. is that only one CFL?? I've always read 18/6 but if you only have one bulb going, you might want to leave it on 24/0 until it shows some real structure. I'm by far no expert, just a couple hundred hours of reading and videos, but I'm certain you're gonna need more lighting and soon if you want results. Hang around, and don't be afraid to ask questions, that's how we learn. There's lots of great info on this site. Happy growing!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah just one

Id get 2-3 more in there and kind of surround the little one 3-4 inches from the top. Regular CFL's on that strong, they work for seedlings but you're deff gonna have to upgrade your lighting my man. I got my marshydro 300w LED on amazon for like 80 bucks. From what I've read, it should produce decent results having one per plant

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah just one

Welcome to the forum, Wmc, you will find answers to almost any question you can come up with. I don't use cfl's, but I agree with Bry, you will need more light.
:welcome:

Transplant day!!

So today I transplanted 6 of the 9 babies into 2 gallon pots. Everything went smooth, though they look a little droopy, I'm sure they'll bounce back in a day or two. I'm also going to be ordering a second light in the next day or two to really get some coverage in there.

Water:
2 gallons between the 6 pots
2.5mL CalMag/gal

Temps:
After taking that bar light out, it dropped my closet 6 degrees. No we're floating between 77 during the day and 68 at night

RH: 44-53

I think I shocked the little ones with the nutes the other day. Gonna give them straight water/calmag for the next week or so

I found a two pack of beamnova 300w for like 135 bucks. More cheap-o's but money is tight. I plan to get some serious lights after this first harvest and can set up two rooms/tents.

Hey there!!!!!! I know I am bit late but may I pull up a chair??? I feel like we have VERY similar grows... My name is Kitty. How do you do?? :) I'm not going to derail your thread too much but you can check out my journal if you want to see a grow... very similar... but a few weeks ahead. I apologize in advance because I have a tendency to be long winded.....

Like you, I too got a mars 300 as my first lamp. Was/am REALLY happy with it but, like you, realized my plants were going to outgrow it quicker than I thought they would. My girls are all approx. 5 weeks above soil now. I have 8 plants and, like you, I am using REG seeds... they were gifted to me by another grower in Florence but I had a lot of issues getting them to crack and some funky mutations on occasion. The problem now is they STILL aren't giving any indication of sex in their preflower naughty areas and its time to do the final transplant before the flip to 12/12.

Mine are in 6.5 liters now and, like you, I was REALLY hoping I wouldn't have to transplant all of them. Its a lot of expensive soil, space, and energy to be wasted if half of them are, in fact, males. I don't see any obvious distinctions in height, structure, etc because I believe the LED makes them ALL squat and bushy bitches.... (I call them girls... and they all have female names)... positive energy begets positive results right??

I don't know if you have already gone ahead and ordered the other brand 300s but Mars does the 2 pack for 137 as well....

2PCS Mars Hydro 300W Led Grow Light Full Spectrum Hydroponic Veg Flower 135 Watt

I was able to use the Mars 300 plus a few supplemental CFLs ranging from 30watt to 150watt to create a seedling/early veg space that they thrived in... my original plan was to add another Mars 300... or even 600 as my budget is quite tight and I was totally impressed by the performance of my little 300 panel.

But the Mother Mary Jane blessed my grow and I found a Mars 2 1200w on EBay still in the box and less than an hour away from me here in Italy. Crazy good timing/luck. He accepted my lowball offer to come get it and pay 200 euro cash... about 213 american. (About 70 dollars more than I wanted to spend but.. it was too good a deal to pass up). Turns out the guy had no car, lived in the middle of nowhere up in the mountains, and hand't accounted for his low ceilings which made the lamp virtually useless in his home... I saved him a lot of hassle with shipping and he saved me... well 225 bucks... I wasn't even considering that lamp as it was more than twice my budget new.

I also got my grow tent second hand but that wasn't quite as great a deal as that lamp. Before I came across the 1200watt I found a lady selling used 600watt hps kits for 20 euro a pop (bulb, reflector, balance, hanging kit, and cords) on a local classified like craigs list.

What I am getting at is... if you are the bargain hunting type, used equipment is ABUNDANT with this hobby. On EBay you are always protected if a seller misrpresents an item and if you can find it locally, even better...

So congrats on the new babies. I will be sending them pink rainbow unicorn girly vibes :) Some strains show sex early... some show them later... I pray that you girls are in fact girls and let you know ASAP :)

xxKitty

I found a two pack of beamnova 300w for like 135 bucks. More cheap-o's but money is tight. I plan to get some serious lights after this first harvest and can set up two rooms/tents.

Sounds like a great deal. Let us know how they are!
:thumb:

Hey there!!!!!! I know I am bit late but may I pull up a chair??? I feel like we have VERY similar grows... My name is Kitty. How do you do?? :) I'm not going to derail your thread too much but you can check out my journal if you want to see a grow... very similar... but a few weeks ahead. I apologize in advance because I have a tendency to be long winded.....

Like you, I too got a mars 300 as my first lamp. Was/am REALLY happy with it but, like you, realized my plants were going to outgrow it quicker than I thought they would. My girls are all approx. 5 weeks above soil now. I have 8 plants and, like you, I am using REG seeds... they were gifted to me by another grower in Florence but I had a lot of issues getting them to crack and some funky mutations on occasion. The problem now is they STILL aren't giving any indication of sex in their preflower naughty areas and its time to do the final transplant before the flip to 12/12.

Mine are in 6.5 liters now and, like you, I was REALLY hoping I wouldn't have to transplant all of them. Its a lot of expensive soil, space, and energy to be wasted if half of them are, in fact, males. I don't see any obvious distinctions in height, structure, etc because I believe the LED makes them ALL squat and bushy bitches.... (I call them girls... and they all have female names)... positive energy begets positive results right??

I don't know if you have already gone ahead and ordered the other brand 300s but Mars does the 2 pack for 137 as well....

2PCS Mars Hydro 300W Led Grow Light Full Spectrum Hydroponic Veg Flower 135 Watt

I was able to use the Mars 300 plus a few supplemental CFLs ranging from 30watt to 150watt to create a seedling/early veg space that they thrived in... my original plan was to add another Mars 300... or even 600 as my budget is quite tight and I was totally impressed by the performance of my little 300 panel.

But the Mother Mary Jane blessed my grow and I found a Mars 2 1200w on EBay still in the box and less than an hour away from me here in Italy. Crazy good timing/luck. He accepted my lowball offer to come get it and pay 200 euro cash... about 213 american. (About 70 dollars more than I wanted to spend but.. it was too good a deal to pass up). Turns out the guy had no car, lived in the middle of nowhere up in the mountains, and hand't accounted for his low ceilings which made the lamp virtually useless in his home... I saved him a lot of hassle with shipping and he saved me... well 225 bucks... I wasn't even considering that lamp as it was more than twice my budget new.

I also got my grow tent second hand but that wasn't quite as great a deal as that lamp. Before I came across the 1200watt I found a lady selling used 600watt hps kits for 20 euro a pop (bulb, reflector, balance, hanging kit, and cords) on a local classified like craigs list.

What I am getting at is... if you are the bargain hunting type, used equipment is ABUNDANT with this hobby. On EBay you are always protected if a seller misrpresents an item and if you can find it locally, even better...

So congrats on the new babies. I will be sending them pink rainbow unicorn girly vibes :) Some strains show sex early... some show them later... I pray that you girls are in fact girls and let you know ASAP :)

xxKitty
Hi Kitty, and welcome. You've done real well with your purchases. Congrats.
Good things come to good people
:high-five:

Hey guys!! Sorry for not keeping yall up to date, but I couldn't upload pics for almost a week or so it seemed. Well, I'm back better than ever to give yall a little peak into the grow.

First off, welcome Kitty and thanks for hanging around!! That's a crazy find, you don't get that lucky here in the states, not on the east coast anyways.

So here it is.....

In the last week or so I transplanted to 2 gallon buckets and they are absolutely lovingggg the all the new room.
420-magazine-mobile1970699006.jpg

This was the 30th of march, the day of transplant. Little tired looks because of the move buttttt......
420-magazine-mobile1294202549.jpg

The next day they were back at it!!

Flash forward to 4/5, 20 days above ground....

All 6 got their first topping/FIMing. I used the FIMing technique, but since it's my first time we'll have to wait and see if it worked.

420-magazine-mobile847037064.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1252006728.jpg

420-magazine-mobile734939845.jpg

420-magazine-mobile313830082.jpg

420-magazine-mobile454893395.jpg

420-magazine-mobile19315137.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1681689736.jpg

Group photo shoot, freshly FIM'd

I'll try and get some pics tomorrow in some real light so we can check these babies out together. The babies haven't gotten anymore nutes except CalMag since the first time I jumped the gun. I plan on giving them their first real dose in a day or two when they look back to normal from this......

420-magazine-mobile1107885904.jpg

First round of LST'ing went down this afternoon!!!!.. and 7 hours later right before I had to come to work.....

420-magazine-mobile575782542.jpg

420-magazine-mobile565541906.jpg

Is it just me, or are these babies growing hella quick and bouncing back from whatever happens?? (#6 is the little one I dropped in the pool of water, and it even looks strong)

Thanks brotha man.. here are some pics of the little ones in normal light, along with a few leaves that are showing some spots and fading. The lights were at about 15-16" which was a little close so I moved them up to 20." I think it's light burn, any opinions??

420-magazine-mobile254097729.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1915990599.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1050591331.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1083423361.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1768816299.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1896761719.jpg

Very nice job with the fim and lst! It's amazing how fast they bounce back after that sort of torture isn't it? How many ml per gallon are you supplementing with CalMag? Just asking because I'm experiencing a huge deficiency with one of my girls right now after not supplementing. Not saying that's the problem but something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom