My First Closet Grow! Marshydro 300W: Bag Seeds

Very nice job with the fim and lst! It's amazing how fast they bounce back after that sort of torture isn't it? How many ml per gallon are you supplementing with CalMag? Just asking because I'm experiencing a huge deficiency with one of my girls right now after not supplementing. Not saying that's the problem but something to think about.

Appreciate it my man!! Lots and lots of videos on YouTube to thank for that haha but I'm giving them 3ml/g every feeding. Will probably bump it up to the 5 they recommend next time since they've had it for 3-4 waterings now

Day 25 above ground:

No water

RH: 39-56

Temp: 70-81

Picture day!! I pulled each baby out to get real lighting so you could see the bush, the LST and the FIM'ing. I think I nailed it as five have 4 new tops and one has 3. Also I've done a little more reading and the stems of the spotted/faded leaves are purple while the rest of the plant is green so I'm deff going to up the CalMag.

420-magazine-mobile573340494.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1400089206.jpg

420-magazine-mobile234595382.jpg

420-magazine-mobile985487245.jpg
420-magazine-mobile353344980.jpg

420-magazine-mobile320740795.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1721183693.jpg

420-magazine-mobile992017409.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1252452382.jpg

420-magazine-mobile441104407.jpg

420-magazine-mobile789087896.jpg

420-magazine-mobile410231756.jpg

Lil mutant action with a 10th leaf on this one

420-magazine-mobile1533408073.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2035477975.jpg

420-magazine-mobile182633602.jpg

420-magazine-mobile287190826.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1273382975.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1548777733.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2143072917.jpg

And a better picture for the faded/purpling stem
420-magazine-mobile1981213980.jpg

Thanks for tagging along!! And as always, I'll take any and all advice you can give. I'm going to try and be more active, so tag your friends and let them know the same thing!! Hope yall aren't working too hard today. back to sleep I go, night shift is for the byrds...

Rockin right along here guys!! We're 28 days above ground and everything looks decent. I fed them today with straight water and upped the dose of CalMag to 5ml/g. I ended up ordering the mars 96 reflector series today so that should be in in a week or so. They babies will love the extra light, that's forsure. I have a shelf about eye level in the closet, I'm thinking about vegging 2 of the plants up there once the second light comes in until I can sex them. It just pains me to think I could be throwing away a female if I pulled them so I'm gonna try to make that work. Some pics before I watered them....

420-magazine-mobile8624080.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1087082436.jpg

I also tested the pH of the run off with each plant. The water going in was 6.7 and came out 5.7-6 with each plant. Not really sure what that means/if that means anything. I've read arguments for both sides, including you don't need to balance the pH of water with Up/Down if you're in soil. But it seems to me that would mean the soil is slightly acidic, I think I'll feed them with nutes the next feeding, then flush with the one after that to try and balance it out.

Youll want to balance that out more.. try to get it as close to 6.5 with the runoff. I think when you use organics you dont need to ph anything cause the organics buffer the ph to a perfect level for you. But we are using synthetics too so you need to use ph up and down accordingly. I wasnt phing my plants at first, they had a horrible iron deficiency cause my runoff was around 7 ph and i was watering with tap water that was around 8 ph. Now that i have gotten that under control by adding ph down everytime to get it around that 6.5 with runoff. It reallly helped my plants when i did that.. my new growth wasnt bright green or yellow even and the leaves grew more normally when before they would grow twisted thin leaves.

Youll want to balance that out more.. try to get it as close to 6.5 with the runoff. I think when you use organics you dont need to ph anything cause the organics buffer the ph to a perfect level for you. But we are using synthetics too so you need to use ph up and down accordingly. I wasnt phing my plants at first, they had a horrible iron deficiency cause my runoff was around 7 ph and i was watering with tap water that was around 8 ph. Now that i have gotten that under control by adding ph down everytime to get it around that 6.5 with runoff. It reallly helped my plants when i did that.. my new growth wasnt bright green or yellow even and the leaves grew more normally when before they would grow twisted thin leaves.

How would I bring the soil ph up?? Just flush it until the run off is coming out around 6.5?? Yall are teaching me so much, thanks for all the advice!!

Also found the deal of the year forsure. I found a lady that was selling a mars 96 and 144 together for 175 bucks, still in perfect condition. Going to scoop those up Saturday morning, sooo hype.. that should be between 600-700 true watts in the closet.... I think I'll be set for now haha

Yea you just need to water with water that has a ph of 7.2-7.5 maybe.. since it drops so much. But i do not suggest giving them 7.2 phed water next time, gradually go up from 6.7. You dont want your ph to jump around it messes with them as well. Awesome about those lights though wish i could find a good deal, i need an extra light too

Also found the deal of the year forsure. I found a lady that was selling a mars 96 and 144 together for 175 bucks, still in perfect condition. Going to scoop those up Saturday morning, sooo hype.. that should be between 600-700 true watts in the closet.... I think I'll be set for now haha

Great deal, Bry! Let the fun begin :party::party:

Yea you just need to water with water that has a ph of 7.2-7.5 maybe.. since it drops so much. But i do not suggest giving them 7.2 phed water next time, gradually go up from 6.7. You dont want your ph to jump around it messes with them as well. Awesome about those lights though wish i could find a good deal, i need an extra light too

Good call on the slow rise. I'm in no hurry to finish them so I can take all the time I need. But solid score right?? I have to drive 4 1/2 hours to get them but the gas is cheaper then shipping them so I figured me and my girl could make a day of it. The lady's son passed away and said she's cleaning out his place and has no idea what they're for. I'm getting what sounds like almost a full hydro set up along with it. She said there are pumps, big pots, a bunch of different nutes, and some more things. I almost feel bad, but she wants them gone

Yay!!!! I toooold you there are some crazy ass deals on 'used' equipment if you are willing to stalk the shit out of the 'bay and local classifieds for a while!!!

So you got 207 watts with the 96 and 317 watts with the 144.... so that's 524 true watts for 175 bucks! Amazing... 33 cents per watt. Good on you!!! I love deals... if you couldn't tell. You even beat my Mars2 find at 36 cents per watt. I hereby bequeath the title of ultimate led deal finder to you! .

On the subject of staying safe and not getting fucked... as unfortunately there are dishonest people in the world... Not saying your seller is one... just saying not all people are guided by the same moral compass.

The reflectors are pretty distinctive in design so no having to worry about it being advertised as something it's not . It sounds like you are picking them up locally. I did the same and took a few precautions to ensure I didn't get screwed.

Although I found the item on eBay, I paid cash to get the price down lower. Everyone loves cash... but that left me outside of paypals protection... and asking someone to sign a purchase order over 175 bucks is a bit much. In my case, I just made sure to meet the guy at a location where the lamp could be plugged in and turned on and off. Just look it over briefly before handing over those bills. Ask the seller if they have any paperwork that came with the lamp before you meetup. They may not have it... but it's worth asking. My guy had the manual but no purchase paperwork. Mars specifically tells buyers to keep the packaging so that if it needs to be sent back for repairs for any reason, it is properly packed up so hopefully she has the packaging. Again, not a problem if not... just worth asking because these little things make your life easier.

Good luck and congrats on the find!!!! The other thing you can do once you get the lamps home is open them up just barely and take a look at the fans. If the lamp has been used for a while without regular maintenance, you can tell by the dust build up on the fans.

My intention here is not to worry you about second hand purchases so please don't take it that way. I am just sharing what my experience was like... and it was AWESOME. Now I have a great lamp that I otherwise could not afford on my budget ... In my opinion, used equipment is the obvious choice for an intuitive, resourceful, new grower!

XxKitty

Good call on the slow rise. I'm in no hurry to finish them so I can take all the time I need. But solid score right?? I have to drive 4 1/2 hours to get them but the gas is cheaper then shipping them so I figured me and my girl could make a day of it. The lady's son passed away and said she's cleaning out his place and has no idea what they're for. I'm getting what sounds like almost a full hydro set up along with it. She said there are pumps, big pots, a bunch of different nutes, and some more things. I almost feel bad, but she wants them gone
Wow dude that is a crazy story. Kinda creepy if you think about it. I'm sure whoever he was would be happy that someone is putting his tools to good use though

Wow dude that is a crazy story. Kinda creepy if you think about it. I'm sure whoever he was would be happy that someone is putting his tools to good use though

You thinkin' haunted grow lamps??? Hahah... plants start moving on their own? OP wakes up to a plant staring him in the face with no idea how it got there. It's like 'Little Shop of Horrors' meets 'Paranormal Activity'. I'm dreaming up a screenplay... OP's plants are going to start whispering things to him when no one else is around. .

Hehee... sorry dark sense of humor here .

Whoooop whoooppp go me.. hahaha this is very true, it's a crazy world we live in and you can never really trust anyone you meet up with on that site. We're meeting at a local hydro shop to test it out so hopefully everything will go smoothly. I think it's just a mom trying to get rid of some not so good memories which is incredibly sad. I'll deff open it up and check the dust build up, thanks!! I would have never thought about that. If I can get 2-3 grows out of them, I'll be more than happy. At this point I think I might just get a tent if I end up having more than two females. Light was the real reason I was only going to grow two, but now I'll have an abundance of that. How are your little ones doing??

You thinkin' haunted grow lamps??? Hahah... plants start moving on their own? OP wakes up to a plant staring him in the face with no idea how it got there. It's like 'Little Shop of Horrors' meets 'Paranormal Activity'. I'm dreaming up a screenplay... OP's plants are going to start whispering things to him when no one else is around. .

Hehee... sorry dark sense of humor here .

I'm just going to pretend those noises were then fans........ la-da-da la-da-da

She said he died of a heroin overdose... I wish people would learn man. Nothing but poison, when he obviously had the equipment to grow the only real medicine he'd need.

That is truly sad and ironic. That's actually the reason why I never really experimented with drugs beyond doing ecstasy once. I've seen too many friends get sucked into that shit!

Oh, and great light find! I'm sure that you'll find out quickly that more light equals more space! Which in the end equals a never ending journey for perfection! Happy growing brother!

Back
Top Bottom