My First Grow: Blueberry, Gold Leaf, Strawberry Cake & Pineapple Chunk

So I've been doing all this whining about piney this and piney that but failed to mention some good points that dawned on me this morning. I've decided to do a little defoliation. I quite frankly have too many girls in too small of an area and there's no amount of tucking that is gonna solve the bud sights getting blocked and a lot of the lower branches will never amount to anything except trim.

When I went into the tent this am and started touching plants piney greeted me with a burst of pineapple. I was a little shocked because she had never smelled like anything except weed. Now just when I had decided that I hate her and wish I had never taken that freebie she goes and does that. I've decided she's not so bad after all. Deficiencies and all. She is just very ph sensitive. As long as I watch it I don't think she'll give me anymore problems.
420-magazine-mobile1038179833.jpg

Her node spacing is tight and should produce some nice fat colas.
I never talk about the strawberries but they are just pluggers. They go along to get along and other than the couple that didn't germinate they've been little gems. They truly smell like strawberries now. The tent smells so good now I didn't want to leave. Every time I moved a leaf I was given a sweet fruity blast of fresh air.
420-magazine-mobile965833565.jpg
that's her on the left. Once again pretty tight node spacing but I defoled her a bunch so I'm expecting her to go into shock for a couple of days.
420-magazine-mobile1868171208.jpg

The blues are blues. Nice easy to grow but unless your gonna force the color change she's just herb. Which is fine the world needs more herb so I'm just trying to do my part. .
Also got my 600watt replacement in yesterday so it's in the big tent now along with the 300. It won't be long now.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
420-magazine-mobile360795504.jpg

The small tent is filled once again with 2 gold leaf seedlings, my original blueberry and my first attempt at clones.
420-magazine-mobile1718607412.jpg

Blue is getting given away this weekend hopefully they can make a go at revegging her. She's been in 18/6 since the chop. The clones were taken during flower so hopefully they don't give me too many problems and the goldleafs and all surviving clones will go outside in the beginning of june. That will be it's own journal. Strawberry, gold, blue, and piney for an outside reunion tour. Pretty sure I'm breaking Massachusetts state law regarding number of plants but I have a decent fence lol.

Goldie ended up being a little more than half an ounce not counting crap bud. I should be disappointed but I'm not. I did her no favors. I flushed too soon cut off nutes too soon. Harvested too soon. My mistakes with her will help the group coming through next to be that much better. Blue was about half that but I tortured her even worse. The deficiencies on that poor girl were criminal.
Their trim and larf made a pretty potent tincture however. I got stoned off my ass 2 nights ago by accident. It was a huh I feel high, am I high. Yup I'm high moment. I must have had some on my f8ngers or something and accidently ingested it. Gloves from now on. Surprise highs don't sit well with me.

Re: My First Grow - Blueberry, Gold Leaf, Strawberry Cake & Pineapple Chunk

420-magazine-mobile994681167.jpg

So blue was no longer wanted so I'll be keeping her. She's started to sprout some new growth and she'll be added to this summer's outdoor grow.
420-magazine-mobile969373299.jpg

The clones are still alive I'll change their reservoir tomorrow.
420-magazine-mobile1695971701.jpg

The new gold leaf s are plugging right along
420-magazine-mobile992507615.jpg

Such a nice breed so easy to get going I had a little stretching at first with the one in the back but that stem has strengthened a lot in the past few days. I've been feeding them straight PhD water with an occasional foliar spray of diluted silica.
420-magazine-mobile442346447.jpg
piney has some serious frost going on. Her and the strawberries are seriously packing on weight lately. Looking lovely. The smells are amazing. Like fruity pebbles and rainbows every time I pop in to say hi which is more than I should probably. I missed a feeding day and they were very sad this morning but seemed to have popped back nicely. Here's some bedtime shots.
420-magazine-mobile151537938.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1868575055.jpg
strawberry
420-magazine-mobile960345364.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1274536477.jpg

Had a mixed review to last feeding some girls appreciated it greatly some got some nutes lock out. I've been following the fox farms feeding schedule for these chicks pretty closely. I truly believe that light and ph makes all the difference in the world more so than most other things.
420-magazine-mobile1755083788.jpg

This arm of one of the blues is closest to the middle and will be the closest I get to a baseball bat. But right now shes showing me the most lock outs. The strawberries and piney took to the feeding like champs and continue to pack on density. I put the scope on piney this morning lots of clouds lots of clear and an Amber or two but I'm going to try and let her go as far into Amber as I can. She's been such a good girl lately that I think she's apologizing for her earlier behavior. She should make great night time medicine.

Decided to take a look at the girls through the scope just after lights out and there's a lot of Amber going on. I didn't expect to be done this early but I guess it's time. I'll look again in the morning to see if all the girls are the same but at least some of these chicks are getting flushed tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom