My First Grow - Indoor - Soil - CFL - Bag Seed

Re: My First Grow! Indoor-Soil-CFL-Bagseed

I would flush your plants and allow the pots to dry before feeding nutrients again.

Thanks for the answer :)
I'll flush them tomorrow with 6.5 pH water and let you guys know about the runoff, I hope I get it done right!

Also I'm contemplating wether to flip them lights to 12/12 in a week or so depending on how they look.
My concern is temperatures and humidity in 2 months time, it will be Mid-August or so for harvest and temps and humidity will just get worse by then.
It's already between 82-90 with RH of about 40-60% depending on time of day and if it's a hot day or not
And I still have no clue if I'm raising lady's yet, it will be a major bummer to find out they are all males after all this work.

Any advice about that issue maybe?

I have more seeds but just a reminder I got 4 germinated successfuly from about 20 seeds I tried germinating, 1 dies in germination so I have 3 plants.
Should I start germinating a few more and hopefully veg them a month or so and then flip everyone to 12/12?

:thanks:

I run my flowering lighting schedule from midnight to noon so that my lights are on during the coolest parts of the night and day. This is how I germinate seeds. I use a matchbox lined with about 320 sandpaper to shake the seeds in for a minute, it scrapes the sides of the seeds to aid in moisture penetrating the seeds shell.

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_001.JPG

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_003.JPG

After having germination issue with Jiffy peat moss pucks and soil I switched to Rapid Rooters and have had much higher germination rates. Rapid Rooters seem to provide the seed with the perfect amount of air and moisture. I soak my seeds in pH adjusted water for 30-36 hours or until i see tap roots. I cut the Rapid Rooter mat into individual squares then I soak the Rapid Rooter squares in pH adjusted water for 15 minutes before use. Then I place the seeds tap root down into the Rapid Rooter square then place them underneath a light with 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. I do not use a humidity dome. I hand water with a syringe each day to keep the Rapid Rooter square moist. when I see roots emerge from the Rapid Rooter square I transplant to 5" pots in a mixture of peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae.

https://generalhydroponics.com Rapid Rooter

https://www.perfectgardens.com gh rapid rooter mat 98

Thanks AGAIN KingJohn for the great advice with all the details and photos! I definently have to try that method for germinating.

So tomorrow after lights on ill flush them with 6.5 ph'd water and upload some photos, I hope one of them will be my pH meter with the correct runoff.
My plan is to flip them in about 2 weeks if everything is fine, whatever happens i will be a happy stoner with my own grown meds thanks to you guys!
I'm so happy I found this place and started my own journal, 2 months ago I didn't have a clue about growing anything and now I have confidence.

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

This site has every resource you will ever need. When In doubt about nutes, flush flush flush.

I actually saw some pics of a guy growing bud in a pot of old fan leaves and stems that were ground up. To me, that seems like one of the best ways to grow in a "soil" type medium. After my first harvest, I will save the trimmings and try and do as he did.

Photo Update - June 6th 2014

Photo Update - June 6th 2014

This is about day 50 of veg, since my plants germinated at different times i dont have a real idea how old they are, started germinating April 20th :)Love:), i count only from flipping to 12/12 so i really dont care how long they are vegging now, as long as they are alive and looking good.

o.k, lets move on to the photos!

Temps and RH
stable on 88oF today, RH around 60%, not getting much better but could (and was) be worse than that.
20140606_234822.jpg

Overall view of the gang

20140606_234902.jpg
20140606_234918.jpg
20140606_234937.jpg

Plant 1
i really like how the topping/fim'ing came out, i'm glad i did that!
20140606_234954.jpg

20140606_235021.jpg

Plant 2

20140606_235016.jpg
20140606_235001.jpg

Plant 3

20140606_234957.jpg

20140606_235010.jpg

Again, thanks EVERYONE for helping me and making this thing possible, no chance i could pull this off without this wonderful site and people!! :circle-of-love:

until next time! :thanks:

Looking great! I also love the way that my fimmed lady looks. Fills her out nice!!!!

Looking great! I also love the way that my fimmed lady looks. Fills her out nice!!!!

YEEEAH MAN topping is really a MUST i think after doing so, in less than 2 weeks it has 4 clear tops.
i can't wait to see flowers budding on them.

they already smell a bit, boy they are going to smell during flower i think!

Mine are stinky also!!! Just going to get better!!!

Anyone?
Sorry for bugging you and bumping my thread but my back hurts from flushing the gang, so much work on 3 veggies, and I'm out of meds supply for a week now.

Throw your pH tester away... or hide it!!! The soil acts as a natural buffer. Think about the crazy ranges natural rain water has. If you will not drink the water out of your tap then ask why???

Throw your pH tester away... or hide it!!! The soil acts as a natural buffer. Think about the crazy ranges natural rain water has. If you will not drink the water out of your tap then ask why???

So it doesn't matter how hard i try, the pH will stay the same and it doesn't really matter anyway?

What about all those availability charts?
Im really confused now..

So it doesn't matter how hard i try, the pH will stay the same and it doesn't really matter anyway?

What about all those availability charts?
Im really confused now..

Yes and No. pH is paramount to hydro(or other sim ways) to growing. but pH is not that important to soil growing. Soil growing is much different and much better! Yes the availability charts are true to current science but they lack the importance of biota! Or give any credence to bioavailability. over 50% of your plant grows unseen... and that 50% is what will produce your end product. My point is, don
t worry about pH just provide the right amount of natural/clean water and let them grow.

Yes and No. pH is paramount to hydro(or other sim ways) to growing. but pH is not that important to soil growing. Soil growing is much different and much better! Yes the availability charts are true to current science but they lack the importance of biota! Or give any credence to bioavailability. over 50% of your plant grows unseen... and that 50% is what will produce your end product. My point is, don
t worry about pH just provide the right amount of natural/clean water and let them grow.

Thanks for the answer CMoney, now I dunno if I'm more relaxed or stressed about this issue, guess I'll have to continue this path.
Now after all my plants are flushed completely I'll wait for the pots to dry and I'll start feeding again.

:thumb:

Re: Help with flushing

High there guys and gals,

So finally I got the time to flush my beloved plants.

I flushed them with at least twice the pot size with 6.5 pH and guess what?
Runoff pH is still around 7.1-7.3, what am I missing?

Should I try flushing again with 6.0 pH and get an average of 6.5?

Please help :Namaste:

I would flush your pots with 6.5 pH adjusted water until your pH re adjusts to 6.5 pH. White certain components of soil can buffer pH in order for your plant to be able to absorb the nutrients you must maintain an acceptable pH range. When I first started growing I did not adjust the pH of my nutrients and had many problems with my plants.

Re: Help with flushing

I would flush your pots with 6.5 pH adjusted water until your pH re adjusts to 6.5 pH. White certain components of soil can buffer pH in order for your plant to be able to absorb the nutrients you must maintain an acceptable pH range. When I first started growing I did not adjust the pH of my nutrients and had many problems with my plants.

Thanks for replying KJC,

Any reason why my runoff pH doesn't change?
I flushed them good with 6.5 and no big change in runoff, stood at 7.1-7.3

I made sure my pH meter is calibrated, put it in a 7.0 buffer solution, showed 7.1 so I calibrated it to 7.0 using the little screwdriver supplied with it.

Anything I am missing here?

Clueless.

Awesome! I just flipped to 12/12 myself. Slowly but surely we are getting there!!!!

BIG update!

I have 2 plants I am 99.9% sure are females!
:Rasta:
They became extra smelly this week so I already suspected something, but I just thought thats a part of them showing sexual maturity or something.

I took a closer look at them now just before lights out, I see white hairs popping!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :party: :cheer: :cheer:

Didn't have the time to take pics, for sure I'm taking photos tomorrow to share with you guys:high-five:
I'll try using the x30 magnifier I got a week ago and take a pic using it with the phone camera.

Plants #1 (my biggest) and #3 (the runt) are the suspected ladies and I didn't even flip the lights...
Plant 1 I can even see some pre flowering in the tops, I see white hairs popping on 3 different sites over the stem.
Plant #2 has the green base of the pistils but I don't see white hairs popping out yet, I don't wanna jinx it but I have a hunch it's a female too!

Plant #1 pot already feels pretty light, others still half heavy. Next feeding I'm gonna start with flower schedule week 1 nutes, in a day or two, will let it dry up a bit more, that way maybe the other plants will get dry and I will feed them all at the same time with the same nute schedule, will make my life much easier later.
Reminder: the whole gang was flushed just 3 days ago.

Q: I think I need to move #2 to a bigger pot, is it ok to do this now?

Right after lights out I flipped on the Bloom button on the Reflector, lights on will give full 300W output.
tomorrow I'm gonna set the timer on 12/12 light schedule.
That's a week before the time I planned to flip them anyway, they have their own plans And will I guess hehehe

Q: Do I still need to give them a 36h dark period before I do that?

I'M SO EXCITED

Now I gotta go and buy some Ona gel at the shop, and some cal-mag supplement I hope they have it I can't find it on their website.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom