My First Grow Journal-Holy Grail Kush- Purple Kush 6x12 Scrog 4 x 600W LEDs On Movers

Re: My First Grow Journal-Holy Grail Kush- Purple Kush 6x12 Scrog 4 x 600W LEDs On Mo

there is another fellow on the site that currently lives in Chatham Kent area, his user id is grow rook, its a Canuck take over!
\

kk ill send him a message lets get this thread going go canada !lol

Re: My First Grow Journal-Holy Grail Kush- Purple Kush 6x12 Scrog 4 x 600W LEDs On Mo

Hey everyone heres todays pics of the ladies.By tomorrow I dont think you will be able to tell they got haircuts 3 days ago:)
full view
IMAG006517.jpg

pk
IMAG006616.jpg

pk
IMAG006720.jpg

pk
IMAG006822.jpg

pk
IMAG006923.jpg

hgk
IMAG007019.jpg

hgk
IMAG007120.jpg

hgk
IMAG007221.jpg

hgk
IMAG007315.jpg

heres a few more picks that show the benefits to defoliation.
This is the hgk in the 1 gallon pot and that nug is at screen level,so 20 inches down the plant and its the size of a golfball.
IMAG006419.jpg

exodus cheese.look at the lower nugs,they are pretty much the same size and density all the way up to the cola.
IMAG006318.jpg

exodus cheese
IMAG006212.jpg

exodus cheese
IMAG006010.jpg

exodus cheese
IMAG005913.jpg

Not sure if u have popped into the hydro gardening forum and read the defoliation thread in there. It's a A+++ read i think!
Amazing how well and quickly the babies bounce back. In the thread they also discuss how it helps keep your humidity in check as plant is transpiring less water. Could be good for you jon with your res issues we talked about earlier in your own thread :) Once again nice update!

Just catching up Jon and everything's looking great - love the video, you've got a very slick set up! I really like the LEDs - I was initially going to get one and then they sold out of the one I wanted and said it would take a couple of months for them to come back in stock so I opted for a CFL rather than wait. I'll give it a few grows with the CFL I reckon and then upgrade to an LED; there still seems to be debate on the issue but everything I've seen suggests they're pretty bloody good, and you benefit from the electricity bill, and a lot less heat!

Hey GreenKnight,Thats exactly how I did it too bro,start off small and reinvest every grow until you are where you want to be:)And I have a feeling these lights will outperform my 1000w hps once I get them dialed in,all the bad press led's have gotten are from the cheap chinese knock offs that people buy and then they wonder why they're plants look like shit:) you get what you pay for!

Totally agree; it's worth making sure everything's as good as it can be in terms of kit and nutes; you can still get results going half measures, but the results will be far less than if you made the initial investment so you always end up paying that money to upgrade anyway after a few months of dissatisfaction so it's just a false economy - you end up paying more than if you stumped up the cash in the first place!

I'd love to be able to expand my grow but sadly I don't have any more space, and to be honest I'm really pleased with how my cupboard's working and there are probably only a few minor tweaks and possibly upgrading to an led that i think could improve things much given the space i've got; the major factor in getting better results will be me, and getting more experience and more skilled as a grower, rather than kit, I think.
Once the scrog's going on the next grow I'll be getting more bud than I could feasibly smoke myself between grows without giving up the job and returning to my student days of sitting on the sofa and getting caned all day to daytime tv which i don't think the wife would appreciate! My main goal is to get the highest quality possible rather than quantity, although as I get it dialled in I do want it to be as efficient as possible relative to the watts of power I use (1g per watt sort of thing). Really I just want a good reliable source of high end, perfectly grown, boutique bud (which sadly is very difficult to come by round me) and the fun of growing, and I think the improvement in quality will result from me improving as a grower and finding the right strains.

Lol...aint that the truth,I have enough equipment sitting in my basement to do another room that size.But for most of us its impossible to start off with the best of the best no matter what size our rooms are.Ive been upgrading and expanding for a little over a year, and everytime I do an upgrade another piece of equipment ends up in the ever growing pile of discards.Hmmmm...hydroponic yard sale anyone.These lights killed me this round,Ive had my co2 set-up right from the get go but I could'nt afford the co2 refills at 60 bucks a week or so.I ll pretty much guarantee you will not be disapointed when you pick up an led for your space bro.Even with all the problems ive had this round the buds are denser and frostier than they ve ever been.even though they are smaller I can clearly see the difference in quality and its only going to get better as I figure out what works best with them.

Back
Top Bottom