My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Grow

Re: My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Gr

well i'm sure its calmag def again. i tried to cut back on the cal mag and these cal mag whores dont like it. well what ever they need they get so i'll go back to 5ml gal at res change and 3ml gal for all top off water. if i was using tap they would be getting cal mag with top off so should be ok.

def shots
IMG_150710.JPG

IMG_15068.JPG

node spacing shots
IMG_15059.JPG

IMG_15049.JPG

bud close up
IMG_150816.JPG

this tip is tring to grow through the light
IMG_150210.JPG

IMG_15017.JPG

thanks for stopping by

:Namaste:

Re: My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Gr

Why not let the ph drift to 6.1 or 6.2?

5.9 is the sweet spot, meaning things are less available both above and below. If you always keep it below 5.9, you might be making it deficient in those nutrient that are only available at ph 5.8 and above. You want the ph swing to pass through 5.9. At least that's what I do, and have not heard of anyone that does it differently.

I'm subbed! Now it's off to read about the LED's

Why not let the ph drift to 6.1 or 6.2?

5.9 is the sweet spot, meaning things are less available both above and below. If you always keep it below 5.9, you might be making it deficient in those nutrient that are only available at ph 5.8 and above. You want the ph swing to pass through 5.9. At least that's what I do, and have not heard of anyone that does it differently.

thanks for the info hiker, i'll be sure to let my ph drift higher :thanks:

thanks for the info hiker, i'll be sure to let my ph drift higher :thanks:

My pleasure! I thought you probably knew that, but figured better to make sure. :)

I do, I asked Bryce the guy who makes heavy 16 what his recommended ph range for flower and he told me 5.5-5.8 so that's why I kept it there but I know mag is more available at 5.8 and above:)

Thanks again

Looks great in there. I'm using the Advanced LED's myself.

Looks great in there. I'm using the Advanced LED's myself.

welcome kwats, glad to have you along for the ride. which lights from Advanced are you using? i really like my new ds 350 xml .

thanks for stopping by.:thanks:

yestarday after work i did a res change. a day or so early but i wanted to get these calmag whores a balanced calmag diet. i had ppms at 900 and ppms kept rising and ph was starting to drop so the new res i diluted down to 850 ppms.
new res is 5ml/gal calmag, 10ml/gal prime, 2ml/gal fire, 2ml/gal zone, 168ml base, in 15 gals ro water. i then added 3 gals of ro water to bring ppms down to 850.
ppms were still 850 this morning and ph was 5.9.
my yellowing tips are greening up again.
today is day 30 of flower

pics
IMG_15167.JPG

IMG_15175.JPG

IMG_15185.JPG

IMG_15198.JPG

IMG_152010.JPG

DSCF2182.JPG
DSCF21432.JPG
really like the lights! I have 3 DS-100's Daisy chained together in a 4x4 tent. They have performed pretty nicely. Check out my pictures. The grow looks great.

thanks wildbill for the reps , its a pleasure to have you along for the journey.

:thanks:

DSCF2182.JPG
DSCF21432.JPG
really like the lights! I have 3 DS-100's Daisy chained together in a 4x4 tent. They have performed pretty nicely. Check out my pictures. The grow looks great.

looks great! have you checked out their new XML models. the 10w cree's really boosts the light intensity. and the new power dials are a great way to control intensity without dropping any spectrums.

happy 420 everyone!:cheer:

good weed to all.

i'm enjoying girls scout cookies private reserve today, lab tested 25% thc, oh is it good!

thanks harley, glad to have you along for the ride.

:welcome:

Hey this grow is great I'm glad someone else is using heavy 16 and can attest to its greatness. I have been following this journal for like 2 weeks now just made an account so I can post. I've got 4 big bud plants under 2 600s in 2 4x4 scrog screens 3 weeks into flower I can post some pics later if you wish to see. Planning on doing hydro in 2 weeks with heavy 16 for the first time using bennies for veg then zone for flower and I am glad your ph stableized with the zone. I had the same problem with my last hydro using advanced and zone wouldn't really work.

:welcome: greendyl great to have you here at :420:

i really like the heavy 16 line. one caution if your using bennys and heavy 16 prime in active hydro it will cause explosive breeding of the microbes and raise your ph quickly so be careful of that combination. once you switch to zone ph should be stable. i like the zone so good i'm probably going to use it from the start on my next grow.
would love to see your pics post all you wish.

happy 420

i need something to stabalize my ph, mines goes from 6.2 to 4.9 in 24 hours, honestly crazy how fast it goes

i need something to stabalize my ph, mines goes from 6.2 to 4.9 in 24 hours, honestly crazy how fast it goes

only time i've had that happen i had some root problems from high water temps, zone is real good at solving those kind of problems. will also allow you to run warmer res temps without issue. i run a water chiller now which allows me to use less zone.

thanks for stopping by. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom