My first grow.

Cloning isn't hard but I keep hearing how hard it is to flower a cutting but my Sour D is doing great and growing faster everyday. Honestly I'm moving again and I just wanted to get as much bud within the next 2/3 months as possible. I didn't want to make a separate grow room ...just being lazy plus live or die I don't really care bout the small ones its an experiment. I'll be happy if 3 out of 15 make it.

I hope you'll be able to grow at your next place.

Cloning isn't hard but I keep hearing how hard it is to flower a cutting but my Sour D is doing great and growing faster everyday. Honestly I'm moving again and I just wanted to get as much bud within the next 2/3 months as possible. I didn't want to make a separate grow room ...just being lazy plus live or die I don't really care bout the small ones its an experiment. I'll be happy if 3 out of 15 make it.

Hey Jbleez,
I just found your journal and a nice one you have, I'm in for the ride.
I use clones only on my NL now and they work great, the last harvest on 5 plants was over 7 oz's and have 5 more in the flower room now. I'm finding out that Crystal and BubbleGum are harder to clone, it's now taken over 3 times longer to root and some still do not have roots.

Good job

dreamin- lets do it man! i think most people when rooting their clones confuse the plant by going back to 24/0 or 18/6 therefore taking a lot longer to root cuttings. I simply left them in the flowering room and as of now all 15 have rooted and started growing most showing lil flowers too. I am a rookie so I'm really only guessing but it sounds right to me.

anyone out there know??? I have a huge NL plant and I really don't want pop corn buds if its avoidable

I think the only way a plant is going to have just little pop corn buds is if it is overly stretched out during it's growth. Otherwise the buds all start off spaced out and then fill in nicely as the flowering progresses. the last few weeks of budding they should pack up. If you've got good light and good nutes etc, you should be fine. All the buds in early flowers stage look like popcorn buds.
They'll fill out.

How long did it take for you to notice the molasses? I was just wondering when I will start to see the difference. And do you keep ur fans running 24/7? I do and when did ur plants start smelling? I know a lot depends on strain, grow location etc... but any info helps

i didnt read threw ur whole thread but how long are u in flower? and are you going 12/12 right? when you say fans do u mean house fans or vent fans? what type of molasses are you using? do u let ur soil dry out a little before feeding them agian? if you want to make the best out of ur cfl's SCROG or LST is a good way to go. give me any info you can so i can try to help out. also if you have any question feel free to ask and ill try to help as much as i can. usaly ur plants will start to really smell around week 6, but it all depends on the strain. use molasses all the way threw flower, but i usaly see effects when they start to fatten up latter on during the flower stage. maybe around week 6 or so. ive notice more resin with molasses also. molasses helps with allot of things. if you want i have some good links with molasses.

How long did it take for you to notice the molasses? I was just wondering when I will start to see the difference. And do you keep ur fans running 24/7? I do and when did ur plants start smelling? I know a lot depends on strain, grow location etc... but any info helps

Hey bud, About the molasses, I really didn't see any difference mainly because I didn't have anything to compare it to.. Perhaps if I grew the same strain again (the same way I grew it previously) without using molasses, then possibly I'd see some differences. Obviously I'm not the right person to ask. Sorry!

If you go back to my thread, MountainHigh just gave a very good post about molasses.. I suggest you take a look. His post follows a lame attempt on my part to explain it.

I keep my fan on 24/7. All strains are different as far as odor.... My Mazar was not odorous during veg, but the odor was more and more evident as the flowering progressed. I am not using a filter as some do (to much for me $$). But that is a great option that is used by many here. My grow is in a place that I am unable to vent out a window so it did smell up the house somewhat (we have a tiny cabin).. My wifes biggest complaint last grow. I bought various incense/deodorizers etc. When someone would come to the door I'd spray something before I opened it. Also we don't have anyone coming into the house unlike most folks.

The no #1 reason that I purchased the Northern Lights seeds that I'm growing now, was because NL does not smell very strong.

i didnt read threw ur whole thread but how long are u in flower? and are you going 12/12 right? when you say fans do u mean house fans or vent fans? what type of molasses are you using? do u let ur soil dry out a little before feeding them agian? if you want to make the best out of ur cfl's SCROG or LST is a good way to go. give me any info you can so i can try to help out. also if you have any question feel free to ask and ill try to help as much as i can. usaly ur plants will start to really smell around week 6, but it all depends on the strain. use molasses all the way threw flower, but i usaly see effects when they start to fatten up latter on during the flower stage. maybe around week 6 or so. ive notice more resin with molasses also. molasses helps with allot of things. if you want i have some good links with molasses.

IrishBoy- I actually did 0/24 for 2 days then 13/11 for a week.
Now Im on week 2 12/12 (8 days exactly right now)
Yes house fans
I use grandma's unsulphured molasses every other feeding 1sp/gal
I only water when soil is bone dry and I feed nutes 1x weekly
I did LST and a little topping its pretty obvious if u look at my pics
And EVERYONE that comes by feel free to add any comments or concern or questions for me. I am very intrigued by MJ and I research a lot and love to learn.

woodsman- thx ur always helpful. I'm not really concern bout smell was just asking questions and trying to get a better understanding on things.

anyone out there know??? I have a huge NL plant and I really don't want pop corn buds if its avoidable

Hey Jbleez, At first I did not want popcorn buds either but I dont have the under canopy lighting so I ended up with about 1/4 of total weight was popcorn buds. Now I love my little buds, them seem to be a better high and they are perfect size for a bowl. Eventually I want to add some T5 lighting to the sides though.

Yes house fans
And EVERYONE that comes by feel free to add any comments or concern or questions for me. I am very intrigued by MJ and I research a lot and love to learn.

Jbleez when you say you let the soil dry completely are you letting it get so dry that the dirt separate from the side of the pot? What I do is feel the weight of the pot and stick my finger a couple of inches down in the soil and if it feels dry then I water. I'm sure you know but if you let the soil get too dry then when you water it all the water will just run through and the bottom of the pot does not get the water it should.

why the 13/11? you trying to stop the streach? is that why you did that way
Yes house fans
yes leave them running 24/0. also you need fresh air to come in your room. plants need fresh co2. this can be done by vents or just opening the door
i used the same stuff, and had good results, you will see it take affect when you buds go threw the fatting up stage.
this is where things get tricky, their is a fine line when to water. if you leave ever look like their drooping because you haven't water them for a few days then feed them a.s.a.p. the best way is when you water your plant pick up the pots then pick them up when the soil is dry, youll find the sweet spot and know just by the weight
didn't look at the pics last night too good, it was late and i was half asleep

honestly you dont need any help right now. you going great and seem to have it down pretty good. look around the web and you find a gang of info. once you get your 400's of hps then it will be time you get the good fat yield and buds

good luck bro

]IrishBoy- why the 13/11? you trying to stop the streach? is that why you did that way?
No I was just tryin to introduce 12/12 slower then normal to see if the plant grew bigger and man did they!
My plant get fresh air every day and night plus fans.
I know when my plant are on "e" empty I cant tell by picking them up even my smaller pots. I water bout every two days.
Thx I'm thinkin 2 maybe 3 400 hps next grow I'm moving soon and will have a lot of room ; )

Back
Top Bottom