My First Grow

RastamanJames

so I have a pretty basic setup right now. Basically i have 3 plants in a wardrobe under a 600w hps. This is my first time growing so I know i probably messed up several times. Just looking for a bit of advice to help me along the way.
Here is a few pics of my plants and my setup any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, James
tmpphpcSvzS0.jpg

tmpphpoT4auX.jpg

thank you not much of a setup as of now pretty broke from this quarter of college hoping to be more productive next time around

i would add 2x 23watt 6500k cfls just to cover the blue spectrum. it will help your girls grow very green and healthy and will promote root development. You could also start some LST.

i have like 2 blue spot grow lights that i had used earlier in veg before i got the hps would those be effective as well?

yeah i was just tryna be energy efficient if you have a 600 hps i was thinking to get 2 lamps and put them in between ur 3 plants to have the blue spectrum.. but yeah if they release the blue spectrum in NM then yes.. if they're just blue then no. they should have their temp in Kelvin. your looking for anything between 4000-6500k for veg.

yea lights are out right now i will put up dimensions of box and gather other info to put up tomorrow after i get out of college

so basically what i didn't put in the first post is that this is more of an experimental grow as i am on a very tight time frame as i am moving at the end of march or beginning of April i woke up and found that 2 of the plants look like males so its unfortunate one of the males i was told a purple wreck but i have about 10 more purple wreck and maybe 15 chocolate chunk for after i move bout to drop the axe on the males here soon

so basically what i didn't put in the first post is that this is more of an experimental grow as i am on a very tight time frame as i am moving at the end of march or beginning of April i woke up and found that 2 of the plants look like males so its unfortunate one of the males i was told a purple wreck but i have about 10 more purple wreck and maybe 15 chocolate chunk for after i move bout to drop the axe on the males here soon

Your time frame is very very tight. You have basically 7 weeks to flower them. Not much time. :goodluck:

yes i know i have been slowly getting them used to 12/12 from 18/6 over past few days today is first 12/12 and i can always stay a little longer that is just when my college money for next quarter comes in i can stay an extra week but cant wait to move

its been a minute since i have updated been busy with college the plants have been flowering for about 4 days now checking each day for possible males got a 10x magnifying glass to take a closer look at things camera is messed up right now or i would post pics will update with pics as soon as i can

still growing beautifully looking to transfer 2 of them into even bigger pots tomorrow they are really starting to get big now have been in flower for about 5 days now

i really hope its not a male either but i got really lucky with the house that i live in now i am living right across from my college we are renting the house and the land lady lives in Florida so she doesn't come around much its just smelling up the house right now but nobody minds I'm getting ready to move as soon as my plants finish up I hope to move out west I will have to worry about the smell there but for right now its not much of a concern for me at this point in time

ok here is a little information i have gathered on my plants to the best of my knowledge
2 of my plants look more indica dominant the other one looks more sativa
i was told that one of them is a purple wreck by my friend who gave me the seeds i only grew out one of each for the first grow just to see what happened hopefully i did get a few legit purple wrecks and can find a good purple pheno
i vegged them for about 2 months before i put them in flower
I switched to 12/12 about 5 days ago i keep checking for males i think my sativa dominant one is a male = /
the grow box is a wardrobe that i have modified by cutting a section of the back out to give the plants some air flow and to put a fan in
the box i am going to give a general guess of what the dimensions of the box are i have about 5' vertically horizontally i have about another 5' the wardrobe itself looks taller but the bottom shelf that the light is fixed to is about 6' so keeping the plants from burning i have 5' of grow space
they are under a 600w hps
the temp in the wardrobe gets to a max of 85 during lights on and a low of 65-70 when the lights are off
not sure what the humidity is i dont have anything to measure that right now but i have a few dishes of water to add a bit of humidity to the wardrobe
they get watered about every other day or whenever i see the first few inches of the soil is dry hope this info gives more of an idea on whats going on sorry camera is being a b**** going to post picks as soon as i get it up and working again
RastamanJames

well class is over in 15 minutes should be getting internet back at my house tomorrow along with new pots and soil hopefully *fingers crossed*
hopefully i can get the camera set up as well tomorrow to give you guys an idea on how much they have grown the small looking one on the far right has really taken off since flowering it is now bigger than the other too and the new leaf growth is a really dark green it is starting to look like a male though i really hope i dont have to pull it but cant take a risk if the other two are ladies updates tomorrow :Rasta:
RastamanJames

well i wake up this morning to find all 3 plants are males =/ is there possibly anything i could do with these I am moving in about a month or 2 so there is no hope of planting another crop until after i move is there anything i can do with these 3 males or should i just give up and wait till after i move

:sorry: to hear that. Do you have pictures so that the rest of us can see? There are several things you can do with males. Since you're not starting another grow, you can keep them going for practice. You can also grow them and collect pollen for use later if you want to make some seeds (so that you don't have to buy them). You can also finish growing them and you can make hash out of them (if you don't mind the work). There won't be very many trichomes on them but you will still get a little bit of hash. That's about all you can do with them.

Back
Top Bottom