My First Hydro Setup

I will adjust the ph in the morning to that range then bud and I thank you for all this valuable info I really do!

So now the leaves on the left plant are now cupping down like an N deficiency I give up lol you can see sort off on the left plant but i will take some photos in the morning with an update, your right about finding the right balance!

I have put these tye down loops there for cable tied but my plan is to bend them over (giggidy) and the them down next Sunday, this way I should be able to keep the res pots roughly closely to each other I should end up with around 10-20 stems then I will keep tooking and weaving in the new screen so I could possibly get the canopy pretty low.

Looking good. Hopefully the nutrient will come soon but nevertheless they look good. R those spots getting any worse?? Have the moved to any new leafs??

Hello bud I ph'd the water to 5.7, added 10ml of Liquid Oxygen and H&G Roots Accelurator, spots have stayed in the lower branches still but still no spread to others, they did get worse on the said leaves but on a steady pace.

Woke up to 24.5c in the res tank so I'm popping out today to get that insulation, can I get a chilled that can control separate tanks or not?

I have been putting ice cubes in the tank but was a little cautious with them touching the roots.

I seem to have to adjust my oh daily now as it seems to be rising 0.3-5 per day.

This Liquid Oxygen days to put in the res tank daily at 1ml per L, but I'm also a little cautious on the ratio to water lost daily.

I do plan on refreshing the reservoir every Sunday to keep it fresh, one thing I would love to know is how hard is it to get the roots back in the pot once there out as I have had an idea, my new tent is 180cm tall, if I put the pots 30cm of the ground on a stand I'm thinking I could drop the pots fully out which would expose the roots but it would mean I could fully clean the pots to keep on top of cleanliness.

I have a white board I don't need any more so I'm going to create a small box or stand to fit all of my electrical equipment on and at least that's all white and clean too.

I am going to get a small bucket and insulate that too and fill that with ice on a daily basis and place my air pumps on top of the vents and see if that can help too.

An aquarium chiller can be jury rigged to cool both buckets with a little work. Evaporative coolers, on the other hand, would have to be fitted to each bucket. When you set your air pump on the ice bucket try coiling some air line through the ice for a little more effect. I fought with warm res water all last year. Microb-lift with each nute change keep everything really clean. For no nutes your plants are looking pretty good, Glad the spotting has stopped spreading.

I am going to have get on top of it somehow, I know one thing I'm only growing till the end of March as any longer in to the year it gets boiling so know what your saying about you battling temps.

There on nutes at the moment bud, there currently sitting around 500ppm which contain, Micro, Grow, Roots Excelurator and Liquid Oxygen.

Woke up to 24.5c in the res tank so I'm popping out today to get that insulation, can I get a chilled that can control separate tanks or not?

I have been putting ice cubes in the tank but was a little cautious with them touching the roots.

I seem to have to adjust my oh daily now as it seems to be rising 0.3-5 per day.

This Liquid Oxygen days to put in the res tank daily at 1ml per L, but I'm also a little cautious on the ratio to water lost daily.

I do plan on refreshing the reservoir every Sunday to keep it fresh, one thing I would love to know is how hard is it to get the roots back in the pot once there out as I have had an idea, my new tent is 180cm tall, if I put the pots 30cm of the ground on a stand I'm thinking I could drop the pots fully out which would expose the roots but it would mean I could fully clean the pots to keep on top of cleanliness.

I have a white board I don't need any more so I'm going to create a small box or stand to fit all of my electrical equipment on and at least that's all white and clean too.

I am going to get a small bucket and insulate that too and fill that with ice on a daily basis and place my air pumps on top of the vents and see if that can help too.

Just try to keep them as cool as Possible until you get all your stuff together as the plants r doing well. Those spots should not be a problem as they have slowed and as far as I can see they r not spreading to the other leafs. Plz correct if I’m wrong. Keep in mind however you lay out your setup you will need top offs and ph adjustments every 24 hrs when the plants get big. They will drink up to 3 L a day

I overslept this morning and I usually open the door so they can keep cool, water was mega warm and roots were starting to collect crap and there was frothy water to the sides so now there in fresh new res water.

Is there any down sides to changing res water there in 2-3 times a week?

Hey man plants look good up top. I don’t know if there is any downfall to changing water 2or 3 times a week other then the stability of of the root zone (maybe some slowed growth). However I would choose slower growth over a dead plant. If my water was warm and slimy I would change it as often as I could. The roots seem to be getting darker and I don’t see a lot of fish bone style growth(the little roots that shoot out the sides of the big roots). Is the liquid oxygen you have H2O2 (hydrogen Peroxide) or a different product??

Yeah I know what you mean about the fish bones the growth has just suddenly took a turn for the worst.

What do you think of these covers I have made for them there not the greatest but I'm hoping they work.

Shit ya nicely done with the insulation. That should help keep them cool. I would at least let them settle for a few hrs before training .Back to those roots if not already doing so you will have to get some kind of res treatment. Like a Z7 or in Canada it’s Z9. Or a hydro guard something of this nature. Without it you will b rolling the dice and even more so at higher temps.

I'm sure the Growth Technology Liquid Oxygen is a few treatment, I don't think I can show links but if you Google it bud it will bring all the details up.
K so I found it and it seems to b all good. FYI I don’t know what that stuff is worth but H2O2 is the staple in it and you can get that cheap at a hydro store at a higher concentration. Me in Canada at my store pay 110 bucks for 20L and it mixes the same as your stuff (5ml to 10L of water). The only reason I mention this is because manufacturers like to steal your money in this game lol. Hopefully now you can keep the res temps down and those roots start to look a little better. The plants still look good on top and hopefully training doesn’t slow them down.

I managed to download a picture for you to save you searching but yeah you found it, I'm hoping this training doesn't stress them but hopefully they will pull round, there steady temps now at 19-20.5c but I think of these go in a bigger tent I don't think I will have any problems so the weekend I think my 1x1m tent will be going up.

Hopefully I don't run into any more problems and I can get some good growth from now and I can start creating a nice canopy.

This is getting a little disheartening now waking up to this, every 2 days this is happening, I'm only running CalMag, Micro and Grow with a good amount of Liquid Oxygen so no more dark nutes to stain the roots, I need my new tent putting up so the heat can rise or temps stay a little cooler because of push comes to shove I will use an air con system of some sorts.

Got a question for you that I could really do with some help, we spoke about converting these two into a circulation system could you at all draw a setup design when ever you get 5 mins spare as I can't keep lifting these pot tops of to change the old water ect, my back is aching as I'm not well so a separate tank like you both have would be great as I could take better care with an outside res.

Wow ya those roots r looking rough. I’m guessing you r still having heat issues and ya your bigger tent might help. How do the plants look top side?? Ya I will post some pics when I get home later of a few low cost ideas to add a external res. Lifting the plants out will only get worse as well as they become big and top heavy. The most expensive part of adding an external would b a hole saw. Do you have access to a hole saw and if so what sizes??

I know mate I'm so disappointed as the silver foil must still not be working.

yeah thanks for that and I will just but the sizes I need, I'm pretty sure Amazon will have some cheap sets that will last a few uses.

Back
Top Bottom