My first indoor grow - anyone willing to help and take a look at the grow?

Update:
20121222_185707.jpg
20121222_185654.jpg
20121222_185637.jpg

Here are the pics of the plants at the end of day 5, just started their 6th day of being in the soil 30min ago:). To me they look nice but then again they could be half dead nd they would still look nice to me.

Thanks for support and saying that they look fine:):):):) As for the second hps, I am not adding that one until they get 6-10inches high and until they grow few more leaves, then I ll add then second hps. Will keep everything updated as the plants grow.

Oh and i am going to install a tube and air inlet to the hps so it gets a better cooling and so that i can keep the light as close as possible without burning the plants once i start lowering the lights.
What i ll do is connect a tube to the inlet and make the air go out where the exhaust goes. Will that be okay? I am worried it wont be okay as I ll be taking the air from the same room i grow, making it pass through cool tube and then out the window opening, is that going to be fine or is it a must that I pull air from another room then through cool tube and out the window hole? I am sorry for so many questions is just that i want to make sure everything is okay.

Update:
20121222_185707.jpg
20121222_185654.jpg
20121222_185637.jpg

Here are the pics of the plants at the end of day 5, just started their 6th day of being in the soil 30min ago:). To me they look nice but then again they could be half dead nd they would still look nice to me.
They look just like they should man. You've got nothing to worry about at least for right now.

They might be a little stretched but that's not the end of the world. They look healthy and that's all that matters for now. If the stretching gets worse then you should get the lights a little closer. I thinly someone mentioned earlier in this thread about the possible need to bring the lights in a little bit if the stretching continues. All the luck in the world man. I'm sure you will do okay, you have a huge crew of pot growers to help you out! :)

thanks to both of you. I did bring the lights a little bit closer, and I added a little bit of soil to make them look a tiny bit less streched. I was actually pretty sure they are a bit strechy, dont know why i didnt bring it up:):) Anyways tnx a lot and i ll be updating regulary.

Looking forward to it man!:passitleft:

quick update. I lowered the light a bit however the streching still seems to be there. I ll lower the lights a little bit more tomorrow. They are on their day 7 of being in the soil and a lot of them look real nice to me, however as you can see on the photos some of themare a little bit deformed:) hopefully they ll grow out of if. Today I am also planing on giving them some water and stabilizing the stems with tootpicks:) Also is the following week the week i lower the lights complelety, day by day? Anyways happy christmas and hopefully santa is bringing lots of giftsss:):) cheers

20121224_193207.jpg
20121224_193219.jpg
20121224_193150.jpg
20121224_193129.jpg
20121224_193111.jpg

Well I was told by quite experienced grower ( he is growing indoor since 1996 so I would guess he has to knw a thing or two:) that I ll be okay with these 6 liters pot for the whole grow. At first my plan was to order 11liter pots, however after talking with my friend grower he advised me to get 6liter pots, and that they will be enough for the strain im growing. So I am most likely sticking with these pots. I ll see at the end if i am satisifed with my buds and how the grow turned out, and if all is well I ll be keeping these for the next grow as well, but I will try couple of them in 11liter pot just to see the difference at harvest (quality, yield, etc).

As for the update on the grow, I think they are just about to finsh their 9th day of being placed in the soil and about 6-7days since they sprouted. I just watered them today with each plant getting about 130ml of water, but they were quite dried up already I would think, as it has been over 5 days since they got soaked. I ll also see tomorow if the soil is moist when I stick my finger. Otherwise the plants look real nice, and they are growing really fast, the leaves are nicely shaped and getting big. I ll post pictures of them tomorrw when i go to the place as I have somemwork to do like set up cool tube cooling before I turn the second hps. I think they ll be ready by the end of this week or latest sometime next week for the second hps. Anyways good luck with your grows guys and wish me further luck for my grow:):) Cheers

these are 6l pots!?
20121222_185637.jpg

i do appologise my eyes must be askew or something, they look like litre pots maybe 2 at best to me. if they can really hold 6 literes then ignore my repotting statement ;)

haha ye they can hold a good 6liters of water. I actually sealed one of them and pured 4 botlles that hold 1.5liters water, even a bit more as i filled the bottles completely.

One more thing I wanted to mention regarding controling humidiy, I get really good results if I soak a thick towel with water I use for watering plants and then hang it over a regular fan ventilator. It lifts my humidity from 35-40% to 45-60% but i do have to soak the towel every 6 hours. I think ill buy a humidifior i am just wondering whether they make both dehumidifior and humidifor as the same device or i have to buy them seperately...i ll just check it out at the local store that sell things alike.

Good lucks andnI ll be posting pics tomorrow so make sure you check them out so you can tell me how they look to you:)

20121228_01202770035256.jpg
20121228_012033-1644521334.jpg
20121228_0120491669858336.jpg
20121228_012147-1081444870.jpg
20121228_012038115357885.jpg
20121228_012059-357130733.jpg
20121228_012208-1398867646.jpg
20121228_0120441917792635.jpg
20121228_012111689918809.jpg
20121228_012219-470042762.jpg

So like I promised I got some new pictures of my babies. They seem nice and are on day 10, except maybe there is some waving going on...but other then that they look perfect (except for the few that seem to be a little bit deformed, if anyone could chime in on that.) I also watered them yesterday twice a little bit. What do you think should I start watering them a little bit more often now that they are getting a little bit bigger? I watered them technically 3 times ( but i seperate one watering in two or three parts so the soil soaks the water slowly.) Anyway other then that there isnt much else to say, except maybe you can tell me if there is anything to say from looking at the pictures.

the plants are looking nice mate.
do you know the 'lift the pot' method of watering? i think watering well then drying out well using the weight to help judge drinking times is good i personally like the idea of a soil that dries out in 48 hours for plant hygene but thats just a theory.

a drop of dishsoap is suppose to disrupt suface tension in water allowing it to spread more evenly in the soil and heaviliy spraying the soil with your water before pouring it helps tons with even distribution of water.

whether to water in a single pour or in stages is entirely dynamic based on your soils ability to soak it up without premature run off i suppose.

seeing some spontanious mutations when growing batches is probably to be expected and not all that unusual =)

Nice grow, but you do need more lights ready. 600w hps and 25 plants, thats like 25w per plant. A little stretchy but looking good.

Those babies are growing up man. Keep up the good work! Hey, you should start a journal instead of having this in the FAQ section. You'd probably get more attention and feedback. Just food for thought dog.

Nice grow, but you do need more lights ready. 600w hps and 25 plants, thats like 25w per plant. A little stretchy but looking good.

Thanks for thensuggestion, I have both 400 and 600 watt hps ready, I just plug either one and it will shine:):) I guess its going to be soon the time to addmthe second light right? Should I rather go with 400w one so I have 1000w in total? Its all the same to me, I would just like to do whats best for the plants... Anyway thanks to everyone else for responses, and elious maybe I might do that and start a whole new journal for this grow and just post the link of this part if anyone wants to see everything from the start.
So I guess thats all theres to say, I ll keep everything updated and will post new pics and how everything goes in few days...thats if nothing drastic happens to my crop;-)which hopefully of course WILL NOT:)

Back
Top Bottom