My First Plant - Cookie Killer (Auto)

With the price of legal weed in my state....The 4x2 tent paid for itself after the first grow. I'm on my third grow now and it's all gravy.

That's good to know. I'm fascinated by growing weed. Sometimes I open the door and say hey now and just sit on the floor and just stare at her. I hope to be in your position one day with supplying myself. Her name is Mary. I guess you can't name every plant but I felt like naming her. ☮️

That's good to know. I'm fascinated by growing weed. Sometimes I open the door and say hey now and just sit on the floor and just stare at her. I hope to be in your position one day with supplying myself. Her name is Mary. I guess you can't name every plant but I felt like 00

20240112_195940.jpg

Here is Lucy & Bertha.

Grow tent would be a good way for you to be able to contain your environment although the closet is also good. My suggestion would be to look at AC Infinity if you decide to pull the trigger and get a dedicated, prepared space to grow your cannabis. I've heard that Vivosun has been steadily improving their products so you may want to take a look at what they've been up to, but I can't give them a recommendation as I've only used a few select products that they've offered.

I also like FloraFlex for setting up automated irrigation and other grow systems.

In a contained environment, like a tent or closet, it will be easier for you to control the environmental factors like temperature and humidity. Outdoors you lose control of that along with pest and disease control. To me, the biggest pro to outdoor growing is free light and bigger volume. Biggest con is stuff out of your control decimating your hard work.

Not saying outdoor growing is worse than indoors as both have their pros and cons but I find it easier for a beginner to get to harvest indoors where they have control over everything rather than hoping they don't get some freak ice storm that wipes out their crops or a bug infestation that eats up all their plants. I've been noticing in these last few years more and more outdoor growers giving up and going indoors due to unpredictable weather patterns.

I've grown pretty extensively in both environments, so I have a pretty good idea to the pros and cons of both. I live in an agriculturally driven state so environment out my way is good for growing crops. Even then I've had way more issues outdoors than indoors.

I have learned from past experiences that Auto’s don’t do as well outside compared to indoors. I grew 2 plants that ended up being Pygmy’s. Good luck 👍 n happy growing. CL🍀 :thumb: :headbanger:
Same here ,,i tryed autos outdoors a few years back , i wasn't to happy with them either , what ever u do don't plant them out to early , i would say a week before the longest day ,theres not much room for error , an autos clock keeps tiking even when they aren't , if the weather turns nasty for a while it will affect the out come , the info. i wrote before about outdoor growing is for so called photoperiod plants , sorry i fogot to mention that🤗 i can't think of anyone here who grows autos outdoors ,
I'll let u know if i come across someone , but give it a go all the same dude u might have the nack & pull it off , peace & take care✌️

Thanks Terrapin I'm learning as I go Thanks to the very helpful crew here at 420. Stella is on deck in the tub.:cheer:
I agree, I've been here less than a week and have learned so much that I haven't learned with hours reading things online. The people are so cool and knowledgeable it's just a totally enjoyable thing all the way around. I have been thinking there's nothing better than growing weed and smoking weed at the same time, but when you add talking about weed in a group like this to that mix, just when you think it can't get any better it does. 😂 Thanks again man. ☮️

i can't think of anyone here who grows autos outdoors
I gew 3 outdoors this summer. They did okay. Fairly small, but they were my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th autos.
They were bigger than my first one though, and I grew that one indoors.

there's nothing better than growing weed and smoking weed at the same time,
Growing weed, then smoking your own weed (and getting high af) is pretty cool too..:lot-o-toke:

Grow tent would be a good way for you to be able to contain your environment although the closet is also good. My suggestion would be to look at AC Infinity if you decide to pull the trigger and get a dedicated, prepared space to grow your cannabis. I've heard that Vivosun has been steadily improving their products so you may want to take a look at what they've been up to, but I can't give them a recommendation as I've only used a few select products that they've offered.

I also like FloraFlex for setting up automated irrigation and other grow systems.

In a contained environment, like a tent or closet, it will be easier for you to control the environmental factors like temperature and humidity. Outdoors you lose control of that along with pest and disease control. To me, the biggest pro to outdoor growing is free light and bigger volume. Biggest con is stuff out of your control decimating your hard work.

Not saying outdoor growing is worse than indoors as both have their pros and cons but I find it easier for a beginner to get to harvest indoors where they have control over everything rather than hoping they don't get some freak ice storm that wipes out their crops or a bug infestation that eats up all their plants. I've been noticing in these last few years more and more outdoor growers giving up and going indoors due to unpredictable weather patterns.

I've grown pretty extensively in both environments, so I have a pretty good idea to the pros and cons of both. I live in an agriculturally driven state so environment out my way is good for growing crops. Even then I've had way more issues outdoors than indoors.
That's a great point, there's so much out of our control with weather when it comes to autos, and regardless of the amount of sunny days verses cloudy and stormy days "the clock keeps ticking." Hmmm . . . Thanks for the continued excellent perspective and tips man! 👍☮️

Same here ,,i tryed autos outdoors a few years back , i wasn't to happy with them either , what ever u do don't plant them out to early , i would say a week before the longest day ,theres not much room for error , an autos clock keeps tiking even when they aren't , if the weather turns nasty for a while it will affect the out come , the info. i wrote before about outdoor growing is for so called photoperiod plants , sorry i fogot to mention that🤗 i can't think of anyone here who grows autos outdoors ,
I'll let u know if i come across someone , but give it a go all the same dude u might have the nack & pull it off , peace & take care✌️
Man, I love your posts dude!

You always share your first hand experiences with are exactly the things I need to know now and are very encouraging! Your perspective is so helpful -- Thanks man!! 👍👍☮️🙏

I gew 3 outdoors this summer. They did okay. Fairly small, but they were my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th autos.
Your situation here sounds identical to how mine will be this year. I'm pretty happy with my indoor plant now, so if the outdoor plants turn out to be bigger, that would be more than acceptable to me man. 👍☮️

Thanks for sharing this! 🙂

I also grew an auto outdoor this season. It ran very well considering it was started late. To be fair, it was a fabric pot with access to the earth so it was technically a container but had access to the ground.

IMG_5841.jpeg

IMG_5832.jpeg

IMG_5830.jpeg

I also grew an auto outdoor this season. It ran very well considering it was started late. To be fair, it was a fabric pot with access to the earth so it was technically a container but had access to the ground.

IMG_5841.jpeg

IMG_5832.jpeg

IMG_5830.jpeg
Wow, looks excellent to me man. What size pot did you have this auto in please?

Wow, looks excellent to me man. What size pot did you have this auto in please?

Thanks!

It’s a 7 gallon fabric container. If I’m using soil, I typically use a minimum of 7 gallon. I prefer 10 though.

Thanks!

It’s a 7 gallon fabric container. If I’m using soil, I typically use a minimum of 7 gallon. I prefer 10 though.
This is good to know. I bought 3 gallon grow bags for my autos, looks like I'll have to order some 10 gallon bags.

Did you ever try growing outside in traditional plastic nursery pots by any chance? I kind of waffled back and forth between plastic pots and grow bags.

This is good to know. I bought 3 gallon grow bags for my autos, looks like I'll have to order some 10 gallon bags.

Did you ever try growing outside in traditional plastic nursery pots by any chance? I kind of waffled back and forth between plastic pots and grow bags.
Good morning my friend :ciao:
There is nothing wrong with plastic pots.
But But But grow bags are much better for root health and plant growth.
Bags afford air to your roots.
Very important for root health.
Plastic works and you can dry the pot to let air in, where as fabric maintains air availability to the root zone.
The Cadillac of pots though is the air pot.
It funnels the roots to an opening.
Thus causing her to grow more roots.
Brilliant concept.
Here is a couple pics.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom