My First Posted Grow Journal

"Hey everybody.....Smokey takin' a shit!!!" LolZ!!!

I do love that movie. I really had no idea just how unruly fan leaves could get until I opened my tent today.... Man. I will post some pics after work, but suffice it to say, they are huge. If we were growing out of doors, I would say "leave them be," but since we are indoor growers working with limited amounts of space....

I say, do what makes you happy, and screw everyone else!! (I think thats part of the reason why we are all on this forum anyways....)

Keep up the good work!!!

:rollit:

Thanks smokey. To each his own. Every body does something a little bit different. If for no other reason it is usually bacause that is the way they feel most comfortable. Keep those leaves in check my friend. :)

Hey blue, Left the upper 3 or 4 fan leaves near the top of each one and i'm not gonna do any more trimming the rest of the grow. so the cola area leaves and the cluster of buds that usually form near the cola that i call the "mantle" bud's will have the fan leaves near to catch all the trichs. And the nodes leaves with all the trich's will get mixed with the remaining fan leaves and a bit of bud from each strain to make bubblebag hash with half of that "mash" and Kief box hash with the other half if i can order the kief box in time. :)

Got a craft store nearby?

DIY Kief Box

Yes sir. Can i be a ghetto macgyver and create a kief box? I have a friend that has a t-shirt making bussiness as well. Wonder if they could give me some framed screen or something. :)

Got that picture for you guys. Everybody has been askin to see the stripped ladies so here is an early bird special of an AK-48. You will notice i left a couple fan leaves in the lower right that werent blocking any nodes,and a few near the top. Mostly what your looking at is nodes with 90 percent of the fan leaves trimmed though. :)

ladies_with_a_haircut_002.JPG

Yes sir. Can i be a ghetto macgyver and create a kief box? I have a friend that has a t-shirt making bussiness as well. Wonder if they could give me some framed screen or something. :)

If they can that would be awesome, that was my biggest expense. Make sure you get the right size silk screen 65-125 microns (120-230 lines per inch).

Also i have a picture of a fan leaf that has a little rounded leaf growing out of the center of it above the other 9 spiked prongs of the leaf. It is near the center of the picture and you can see the shadow of it above the 07/ at the bottom right of photo. looks weird. guess a 10th leaf wanted to join the party on that leaf. maybe it's a sign of sorts. anybody ever get renegade leaves? heres the picture.

ladies_with_a_haircut_001.JPG

If they can that would be awesome, that was my biggest expense. Make sure you get the right size silk screen 65-125 microns (120-230 lines per inch).

thanks blue, i'm gonna work on that framed screen. do i need anything else to make the process smoother?

Here's a shot of the solo pic from two days before the haircut and from two days after side by side, so you can more easily compare. ;)

The before shot:

Week_1_Flowering_AK-48_Blackberry_ICE_N_Y_P_D_014.JPG

The after shot:

ladies_with_a_haircut_002.JPG

Also i have a picture of a fan leaf that has a little rounded leaf growing out of the center of it above the other 9 spiked prongs of the leaf. It is near the center of the picture and you can see the shadow of it above the 07/ at the bottom right of photo. looks weird. guess a 10th leaf wanted to join the party on that leaf. maybe it's a sign of sorts. anybody ever get renegade leaves? heres the picture.

ladies_with_a_haircut_001.JPG

leaves that grow that way are normally plants that are reverting back to vegetative stage once in flowering. i know this because ive done a few experiments taking clones in flowering and shocking them back into the veg.i get the same thing. it makes them branch crazy but the leaves look mutant. some come out of the center and ive had two fused together.

the way this may be related to you is that you may have a light leak. so they are not really 12/12 . you may wanna sit in the room at the beginning of the dark period for about 5 minutes. just look for leaks. cause i believe you said your using feminized seeds and light stresses can make them hermie easier.

also plants with certain genetics grow that way. i believe it is called chinen or chinnen or something along those lines. so it is possible that is somewhere in your gene pool.

the grow looks really nice though. my computers gettin fixed right now. so ive been trying to use the internet on my phone so i havent been able to do much about updating my grow. these smart phones are smarter than i am

i personally like to trim alot of leaves. i think if you do it early it should help limit stretch from the extra light.and im definately gonna be tryin to get my hands on a polyploid. ive read that if you breed 2 polyploids they will produce either the same number or double the number of nodes. i love experiments.

keep up the good work with the ladies theyre lookin lovely.

Thanks carp, hope it's a gene pool thing cause they are all shooting out white pistils and no sac's on any so far. :) Have already done a light leak search. None to speak of so far. We shall see. This grow is strange. Started off with a mutant looking ICE plant and now it's my tallest. Just above 3 feet. Blackberry Triploid popped up, and now i have irregular leaf development on that N.Y.P.D. (only one leaf though) Guess i'm pullin out the bag of tricks this crop. Hopin for a good harvest. We shall see. :Namaste:

i also had mutation problems along the same lines a few weeks after they were into 24/0. but i think that was a ph problem because i had a faulty ph pen. just throwin ideas out there

Ya i gotta start keepin good track of my p.h. :) When i used to do hydro i checked all the time, but when i switched to dirt i never brought that focus along with me. Also i dont run into many problems with my dirt mixes usually so i havent really needed to go buy one to check. Guess i just been lucky and breezing through without checking. :riskybusiness:

Yesterday was the last day of foliar feeding for the rest of the grow. I cleaned out ,dried out, and put away the spray bottle. Yesterday was the last day for the Open sesame as well and now they will start getting beastie blooms for two weeks instead of open sesame. Grow big will also be administered for the next two weeks and then it will be retired with the beastie blooms in two weeks,both for good. From there it will be cha ching , big bloom ,tiger bloom ,and grandma's mollassas for the rest of the grow(Week 5 until harvest). Just as fox farm suggests. The feeding regiment for the next two weeks ( week 3 and 4 flowering) is as follows:

Fox farm Big bloom (Liquid) / 3 tsp per gallon
Fox farm Tiger bloom (Liquid) / 2 tsp per gallon
Fox farm Grow big (Liquid) / 2 tsp per gallon
Fox farm Beastie blooms (Chrystalized) / 1/4 tsp per gallon

:allgood:

I will try to get Week 2 Flowering photo's up tomorrow. Any advice on how much mollasses i will need per gallon when i start using it in two weeks? :thanks:

I will try to get Week 2 Flowering photo's up tomorrow. Any advice on how much mollasses i will need per gallon when i start using it in two weeks? :thanks:

I go with 1 TBSP/gal H2O. Nice grow! I was not able to go thru every post, but I am curious regarding the square ft you are working with?

;)
:peacetwo:

I go with 1 TBSP/gal H2O. Nice grow! I was not able to go thru every post, but I am curious regarding the square ft you are working with?

;)
:peacetwo:

:welcome: to the journal Pop Kulture. And thanks for the compliments. The room that is dedicated to the grow is About 10 ft by 10 ft. Trying to keep em close to the light rail without feeling like i'm squishing em. try to give em a teenie bit of space between each other to expand and fill out too. but if necassary i can utilize the whole space and toss up a couple cfl's on the perimeter. :)

Hey THC , if you can run some warm water and add the molasses and shake it up. disolves better. Thats how I do it. 1 TBSP works.

Thanks Tmac I will start introducing 1 Tbsp per gallon in two weeks to start week 5 up until harvest. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom