My First Posted Grow Journal

Gave the ladies a haircut yesterday. They look all exposed now. :) The darn large fan leaves were getting fiesty with my nodes and trying to wrestle them down. The nodes needed to be freed from these pushy things. Gave em a pretty thorough haircut too. Would say 90% of fanleaves left the building. Light should be able to penetrate well now and in a week in a half or so the node production should be really thick with all the primo light. :wood: We shall see how they look when i post week 2 flowering photo's this weekend. :roorrip:

you find good results with pruning? I don't usually do it, but I have noticed especially with the wonder woman strain. it grows huge fan leaves that cover a lot of the plant

you find good results with pruning? I don't usually do it, but I have noticed especially with the wonder woman strain. it grows huge fan leaves that cover a lot of the plant

My last grow i trimmed a week before switching over to 12/12 and the node area's got huge. When the fan leaves get that large they just try to steal all the light from your nodes, but with them gone the nodes have nothing in the way and they seem to surge and get really bushy to where the nodes have fanleaves as big as you trimmed from the main stem. Then the nodes get the upper hand during the last couple weeks of growth, the first couple weeks of flowering. We shall see anyways. :) Felt like edward scissorhands given em haircuts but they all looked great a day after and i think by this weekend i will get another surge of growth. I should be at 3 feet by today. :wood:

Rock on THC!

Thanks blue, wish i was sampling already. figure a few more weeks before i can have good reason to start pluckin and eventually sacrifice a soldier. Gonna hold me over until the rest are fully ready. that way i can be patient more easily. :)

Are you sure that cutting the leaves won't affect harvest. Aren't you only 1 or 2 weeks into flower?

I understand late into flower, but isn't this early? I figure the leaves are there to help the plant grow.

I have senior moments so cant remember things. I was on someones journal this afternoon and they have exact plants, trimming one and not the other....great test, but dam if I can remember who!!! I will probably remember at 3 am!!

Are you sure that cutting the leaves won't affect harvest. Aren't you only 1 or 2 weeks into flower?

I understand late into flower, but isn't this early? I figure the leaves are there to help the plant grow.

I cut the fan leaves pretty close to the same time last grow, with pretty close head count also and ended with no hermies and lush ,full bodied nodes. all approach differently,as long as we all end up at the finish line with a crop we can learn from eachother and become better at what we like to do. At this point the leaves growing off of the nodes are large like the fan leaves were so i figure they can take the fan leaves place and feen the engine from here on out. ;)

Woo Hoo!!

You know, most people on this forum are anti-pruning, but what they do not realize is that plants grown indoors have much different requirements than those grown outdoors. You have yourself witnessed the benefits of pruning. In the immortal words of some rapper; Haters gonna hate. Keep up the good work!!!

:rollit:

Sup smoke dog. every time i see your name it reminds me of smokey from friday. "it's friday,You aint got no job, i'm gonna get you high today." :grinjoint: thanks for the compliments sir.

I have senior moments so cant remember things. I was on someones journal this afternoon and they have exact plants, trimming one and not the other....great test, but dam if I can remember who!!! I will probably remember at 3 am!!

I was gonna trim half and leave the other half as a test, but the nodes were getting beat down by these massive fan leaves and i couldnt bear to watch it anymore. :) So i tapped into my jedi mind trick bag and turned myself into edward scissorhands.

Damn this is good news! I was thinking that one shouldn't really prune at all after the first week or two of flower, but I definently will watch and see how this goes for 52. Also, I made a mistake THC, my girls are ending week 3 tomorrow I told you they were 1 week ahead of yours :tokin: :peacetwo:

So your only about a week and a half ahead of me then i think. still close. i am a week and a half into 12/12 so i figured why not. Bluedog put me onto a piece about a guy that chops off all fan leaves blocking nodes 3 weeks and 6 weeks into flowering and since he has started doing this he increases his harvest by 20 % i think he said. I too have seen dramatic results first hand from a bit of fan leaf trimming. Those darn fan leaves seem to get a little too greedy and the nodes suffer from it a bit, IMHO :allgood:

I'm gonna do the exact same thing THC. They get all the nutes they need from their root system now. Just don't trim cola leaves or fan leaves growing really tight to the buds. Got pics?

"Hey everybody.....Smokey takin' a shit!!!" LolZ!!!

I do love that movie. I really had no idea just how unruly fan leaves could get until I opened my tent today.... Man. I will post some pics after work, but suffice it to say, they are huge. If we were growing out of doors, I would say "leave them be," but since we are indoor growers working with limited amounts of space....

I say, do what makes you happy, and screw everyone else!! (I think thats part of the reason why we are all on this forum anyways....)

Keep up the good work!!!

:rollit:

I'm gonna do the exact same thing THC. They get all the nutes they need from their root system now. Just don't trim cola leaves or fan leaves growing really tight to the buds. Got pics?

Hey blue, Left the upper 3 or 4 fan leaves near the top of each one and i'm not gonna do any more trimming the rest of the grow. so the cola area leaves and the cluster of buds that usually form near the cola that i call the "mantle" bud's will have the fan leaves near to catch all the trichs. And the nodes leaves with all the trich's will get mixed with the remaining fan leaves and a bit of bud from each strain to make bubblebag hash with half of that "mash" and Kief box hash with the other half if i can order the kief box in time. :)

Back
Top Bottom