My Low Budget Medical Grow

Thanks for the advice Scarfinger68. I think some HST may be needed for this should be Lady:)
I had to raise the pot up 8-10 inches when I put it in flower to be within the other plants canopy.Its about 14 inches from the led too. I may have to keep her permanently in a spot and support horizontal training of the mains along the walls some way. Its fun growing new strains and being curious how the plant will grow and do in my space and care

I decided to try a first time no till run with a Jh clone.I used the 3gal Blue Cheese pot I just harvested starting like this
daves_02132.JPG

How is the "No Till" experiment going?

How is the "No Till" experiment going?

That Jack Herer clone in a 2nd round No till is coming along decent. I will try to get a picture update soon.
It is in a favorite pot I use and I actually wanted it tonight for my Pure Kush transplant. I ended up making a bigger pot from 2 - 3 gallon pots. It extended a 3 gal pot up to about a 4 to 4.5 gal one. I was liking this DIY pot and did some LST pulling all the tops down equal at a conopy 28 inches from the floor.
Then when I was putting it back in veg under the T5 , a place I wanted her for a week or 2 to set up before flowering ,I realize my light was only 29 inches from floor and I had to put it in flower :)
There it sits nice at about 16 inches from my LEDS and all the tops are flat from fresh tie downs. I am counting day one flower June first
Working on a photo update in time:snooze:

Here is how the Jack Herer clone started out 20 days ago in my first time using a harvested plants pot undisturbed and just putting some fertilizer and fresh mulch on top full of composting worms from my worm bin. At least 50 to 100 worms were there to help compost the prior root system.
daves_00294.JPG

When I planted it I had already waited too long after the cutting had rooted without nutrients so it was pulling and pretty deficient from start.It sat for a long time it seemed with the stem and leaf petioles solid purple/red.Only water given and then new growth of healthy color began.
daves_001111.JPG

daves_00299.JPG

daves_00499.JPG

daves_00771.JPG

I think the slow start was my doing .Growth looks good now but is less than normal for me in the time frame. I wont transplant any more saving a step or two and also not storing used mix and making a new batch could be a pro too. Bigger containors are best for this way I think and needing more space that I dont have. All together I think it will harvest out as usual when I flower her but unless its better I will hold off on this method until bigger pastures.

8 days from cutting my PHxM sativa cuts they are still standing with the biggest having a root poke through and I planted into the new mix that composted.For that story on making it I did not add any fertilizer to help compost, just fall tree leaves and used mix full of roots along with some leaf from harvesting last few plants.At planting time I added some fertilizer.This way is different than the last batch which was given alfalfa meal and plant tone to help cook then more was given at plantings and transplants.
daves_00772.JPG

daves_00864.JPG

daves_02323.JPG

Here was the Pure Kush fem seed plant I put into a bigger pot and took cuttings from
daves_001112.JPG

daves_01267.JPG

daves_00966.JPG

into a DIY pot made from 2 identical 3 gal pots I have used many times and also got from garbage picking bout 2.5 - 3 years ago:)
Too tall to veg and recover before flowering afterwards,unplanned, so she was put into flowering at 11/13 hours.Another new interesting strain for me that has a nice smell now.I like how it is said to flower fast and being put in a week after my full sativa I think I could harvest this one and a clone of hers before that sativa
Thank you for checking out my grow and I hope to show some flower shots soon. I have 3 small ones coming down in about 2-3 weeks I plan on replacing with one each of Blue Cheese and Jack Herer:peace:

daves_01073.JPG

Looks like you have the production line moving right along.

I don't know anything about re-using soil. It sounds interesting. Maybe 2 or 3 totes of soil in different stages of recovery. If I get bored I may look into it.

:thumb:

Looks like you have the production line moving right along.

I don't know anything about re-using soil. It sounds interesting. Maybe 2 or 3 totes of soil in different stages of recovery. If I get bored I may look into it.

Thats a good idea on different stage totes there and is better than my way I bet.This same stuff being reused I bought at least 3 years ago ProMix and FFOF . After each grow Ive added store bought EWCastings more perlite sometimes,different organic fertilizers and more recently homemade outdoor garden compost fall tree leaves from lawn mower stored over winter in a garage and have been useing teas made from home wormbin compost.

I love gardening all around and felt I should be able to grow cannabis like I grow vegetables and fruit in the same soil and always adding organic fertilizers and compost mulches. It is starting to happen and become reliable for me with this living soil I barely am keeping happy.

Here are some photos taking tonight after some training was done on my sativa like Scarfinger68 suggested:thanks:
I wasnt easy tho and just grabbed where the bend was to be and slowly bent until the fold. All done right when opening up the space knowing I didnt look the day before and seeing that sativa up in the leds.Then I didnt want to pull them out so here are some purple pictures:sorry:
daves_01268.JPG

pure kush up front at 7 days in 11/13 flower showing a couple visible preflowers
and the purple haze x malawi at 14 days in 11/13 flower in back .before at 7 days in I pulled out and looked seeing nothing until I checked with a 60x scope and seen one then quit looking and here at day 14 thepreflowers are still not visible to my eyes yet
daves_01642.JPG

here close look on the 2 HST supercrops on right side
daves_00967.JPG

and then one for the plants on right side with a JH clone at 27 days 11/13 flowering left and the last purple bud at 54 days 11/13 flowering on the right
daves_00594.JPG

Left side close ups on the training
daves_00865.JPG

and a nice Blue cheese clone showing off on the left side at 27 days 11/13 flower with 2 JH clones low left at 46 and 42 days 11/13 flower
daves_004100.JPG

Blue Cheese buds half way done when pulling out at 8 weeks flower which I have been happy at
daves_01457.JPG

Here are some photos taking tonight after some training was done on my sativa like Scarfinger68 suggested:thanks:
I wasnt easy tho and just grabbed where the bend was to be and slowly bent until the fold. All done right when opening up the space knowing I didnt look the day before and seeing that sativa up in the leds.

Good job. Now you will notice that they will pop back up surprisingly well. I sometimes do a double HST on one branch to control it.
It looks like you got the hang of it :)

My full sativa has flowered 21 days so far and stretched and stretched.I hope it slows down and grows flowers soon.I can see some preflowers here and there.Then seeing her all up close to leds about 2-3 inches and all the new growths having clawed leaves. I had to lower the whole plant about 10 inches. The claw look started out back to the first hst I did mostly just the main tips and now all bud sites looking sad.
Here is day one of flower
daves_00965.JPG

day 21 of 11/13 flower
daves_001113.JPG

daves_00389.JPG

daves_004102.JPG

daves_00596.JPG

My thoughts are too much Nitrogen and heat stress.I added dry fertilizer at transplant on day of flip and cant really flush it out I feel.Its now lowered to floor with about 12-13 inches from led to plant height I hope she doesnt try to fill that up or I will be straight topping.It was also dry and watered after pictures but this plant is taking up a third of my flower space it seems and if things look un manageable I may just pull it out.A Back up try with no fertilizer on the clone of hers that rooted first and was put in unammended mix I want to flip already tonight.I have to pull 2 Jack Herer clones out for space kinda early for them at only 54 and 50 days of 11/13 flowering .
I did already pull this last and only purple bud clone of mine at 56 days of 11/13 growing
daves_002100.JPG

daves_004101.JPG

daves_00595.JPG

daves_00681.JPG

It would have foxtailed and grew too long like the ones earlier I felt which didnt improve quality and weight for me I felt.
some past purple bud grown by me
daves_02226.JPG

daves_01534.JPG

:rollingeyes::peace:

The claw look started out back to the first hst I did mostly just the main tips and now all bud sites looking sad.

Looks like Nitrogen toxicity. Try just plain water with 1 tablespoon garden lime/per gallon water a few times.

And worst case scenario... just buzz it off at what ever height you want. Get the electric bush trimmers out and just cut straight across. It is a weed... it will survive :)

I did something similar to a mother plant once... she survived.

Looks like Nitrogen toxicity. Try just plain water with 1 tablespoon garden lime/per gallon water a few times.

And worst case scenario... just buzz it off at what ever height you want. Get the electric bush trimmers out and just cut straight across. It is a weed... it will survive :)

I did something similar to a mother plant once... she survived.

I may try a lime watering Scar. I see that as raising soil ph making nitrogen harder to use?? I think Ace seeds mentioned low N diet for this purple haze x malawi fem seed I used. My fertilizer is Jobes vegetable and tomato 2-5-3 that I put in at the transplant done at flipping to flower.It has .5% water soluble N and the rest 1.5% is water insoluble.My other strains dont show this look using same and equal stuff.Here is how she looked a day later on the floor and after that watering that was used so fast I gave more
daves_002101.JPG

daves_00390.JPG

behind that sativa is the pure kush fem seed plant which is getting bigger than I expected in first 2 weeks of stretch. I dont think much more will happen and I like the way she looks so far
daves_00597.JPG

daves_004103.JPG

these 2 jack herer clones are 4 days apart at 54 days flower and 50 days flower under 11/13 hours.I cant really tell them apart and both looked good enough to chop this early mostly for the space I need in flower actually for those little pots with little clones in second picture up:)
daves_00866.JPG

daves_00968.JPG

daves_01155.JPG

daves_01075.JPG

Im drying whole plants with this trim
daves_01544.JPG

daves_01934.JPG

Ok sorry for this update on your reply Man:laughtwo:

No adding lime won't make it any harder to use. My concern was the cupping of the leaves which my first thought is PH problems. Over fertilization caused the nitrogen toxicity. Nitrogen is best used at PH 6.0 to 6.8
But... because of the over-fertilization (in my experience) then a PH problem follows.

If you can, first check your PH. If the PH is good then just plain water flush would be appropriate. If PH has fallen then 1 tbs/gl :garden lime/water
pH_chart72.jpg

No adding lime won't make it any harder to use. My concern was the cupping of the leaves which my first thought is PH problems. Over fertilization caused the nitrogen toxicity. Nitrogen is best used at PH 6.0 to 6.8
But... because of the over-fertilization (in my experience) then a PH problem follows.

If you can, first check your PH. If the PH is good then just plain water flush would be appropriate. If PH has fallen then 1 tbs/gl :garden lime/water
pH_chart72.jpg

I understand what your saying here now and Thankyou for this advice and that chart :thumb:
I've been busy not logging in ,but went in to check last night and felt my sativa was looking slightly better.
Im thinking on alot of lower flower sites the new leaves are straightening out and for the worst areas of clawing on main toppers there is still lots of new growth coming out straight.Its the clawed fans under I am watching to see if they grow out of their problems.
Now I hope this overfed problem is working itself out meaning that first dose of soluble N was too much at the wrong time. I first noticed it at 14 days into flower giving time for roots to find it in the new soil .I have tried before to set plants up(transplant and add fertilizer 2 weeks before flipping to flower) NOt this one that requires less nitrogen:wood:

For checking ph I have outdated gen hydro liquid tester to check liquid before and run off along with a probe tool for the soil.I have been not checking ph on anything lately.If Im dreaming the problems are on the mend and things continue to worsen I will attempt some readings. This is isolated to my sativa not worrying me too much:allgood:

That's cool. Sounds like you have a plan and have it under control. I use the dropper tech for PH, very subjective:
Left I guess 6.0/6.5 and on the right I guess 6.8/7.0 So far it has been working for me. Not perfect but I don't want to calibrate and take care of a meter.
P10002261.JPG

Take care

Hey! Just checking in. Hope all is well.

I updated my thread with the AI CFL/HPS comparisons. I have been reading about soil and started to make some soil for my next grow. I see you do some soil amending or your own.
Building A Better Soil: Demonstrations & Discussions Of Organic Soil Recipes
The hardest part is finding stuff locally. I just need to find some Neem cake and crabshell crushed/flour. I probably should check some of the grow shops but things seem over priced in those stores for the most part.

Been mainly checking local nurseries. I did find a worm farmer and got some nice worm castings :) Also bought something called "Bumper Crop" at a local nursery.

Keep it real and keep it green :thumb:

I have some fresh just taken pictures I want to share starting out with my "No till" Herer clone try when I planted a rooted plug on 5/11
It looks very happy to me and reaching limits in height. Some slight LSTraining was done keeping the main still dominate.It needs to be flowered fast and I am very happy so far expecting nice harvest in the future.
daves_02432.JPG

I have a jungle going in the flower space making it difficult to move plants so I turned off the LEDs to show the space as best I could.I did raise both lights a week or two ago to handle my sativa.

daves_004104.JPG

daves_00391.JPG

daves_001116.JPG

This is from the Pure Kush fem seed plant 24 days of 11/13 flowering. This plant is taking up more space than I guessed with nearly as much as the sativa.Resin seems slow I couldnt see until these pictures like just starting
daves_00599.JPG

daves_01644.JPG

daves_01545.JPG

My next plant to be harvested is this Blue Cheese a couple days short of 7 weeks 11/13 flowering.It is a support for my big plants and its hard to look over,Many topper branches have leaned over except the tallest one I supported in left field and 3rd pic of space with leds off
daves_00773.JPG

daves_01935.JPG

daves_02134.JPG

My purple haze x malawi full sativa fem seed plant is 31 days into flower for me.I didnt use lime just tap water I bubble.The Nitrogen overdose may be wearing off and I noticed shoots with best light did first and ones on the outer edge slowing up.I think that is not enough light making nutrients (N) less used up.
daves_001116.JPG

daves_01837.JPG

This Herer clone at almost 7 weeks I will let go 2 more I think
daves_01076.JPG

daves_01156.JPG

daves_02324.JPG

There may be some big changes soon with a move which could shut down my grow or down size.Thats fine as it will benifit our family more than worth caring about my plants. everything has a vegging clone and could be replaced. I am happy I have a decent herer and blue cheese close enough now if needed.Changes like 95% for sure and should happen within a month. :thumb:

Hey there,
I really like your journal... Low BUDget haha..... I am looking forward to growing that Purple Bud strain too. How does it smoke? It was not purple at all, huh?

Glad to see things moving forward. That "Herer" looks premium!

Thanks Man things are straightening up it seems. Due to a 99% chance of moving I am considering dropping light hours to 10/14 to speed up the finish of 3 plants by the end of July at the latest,maybe even the 15. I am not comfortable transplanting flowering plants to this place I have not even scoped out really for a grow but just better for our family all around:circle-of-love:
I may cut up my sativa seed plant 5 weeks in now,:rip:I do believe it would yield well and with more fem seeds and clones still it will be a lesson on low nitrogen and short vegging.Rempving would allow more light to the Pure Kush I am focusing to flower out fast.
If its the Herer plant in veg your talking I agree even the flowering one looks nice and mature for 7 weeks. The no till one is looking super healthy to me and ready to flower,I hope its with me or I would offer it and say 12/12 and water only with confidence.Easy 2 + oz watering with only tapwater in my set up

Back
Top Bottom