My Low Budget Medical Grow

I just got my VEG room and Flower room all cleaned up and organized. :)

Looks like some decent weight to those buds.

Congrats!
decent for me it was Scarfinger68
I was lucky to get about 14g more than my last larger JH clone:high-five:

some of the best looking buds I've seen. nice work.
:thanks:b.real I am glad you enjoyed seeing them. :thumb:

Here are a few pictures 2 days ago.I have been wanting to harvest the Purple Bud plant and was about to then but just cut all the tops off her as far down as the buds were firm. There was still alot of buds left afterwards kinda still looking like a big bush.I didnt get a before shot only an after under led lighting :( I dont remember harvesting this way before but I think it has improved the lower buds a bunch.I will pull her out and my small pots too for photos tonight.My bigger Blue Cheese is having trouble supporting flowers.I want to keep her there until I am going tp harvest
a couple dozen PB tops and how she looked after back under the led's
daves_00860.JPG

daves_00383.JPG

This is a topper from the small pot BC
daves_00589.JPG

and the bigger one in back here
daves_00678.JPG

That night I also took cuttings to root of my Blue Cheese and Jack Herer strains. Things are looking good and my last grow job to do is make next soil mix
I also need to update on my seedlings I believe 2 weeks from pushing through soil now. I need help/ advice on this full sativa on flower training and how much I should veg it for my space .
:green_heart:

Buds look good. Congrats!

No experience with sativa's. I would guess at least 3x their size. Maybe 4x? Hopefully someone has grow Sativa's and can answer your question.

Thankyou Scarfinger68 I ended up cutting them from the stems onto a plate after only the 2 days hanging to dry more. Tonight after 24 hours off stem I may start curing.
daves_0385.JPG

daves_0406.JPG

They look decent and I hope they are better than the clones I ran off this Purple Bud fem seed plant. Here is the rest of her not looking like all her main toppers were cut off - kinda.
daves_01539.JPG

daves_02131.JPG

Here are my babies only 2 weeks from a dry seed :)
Pure Kush on left and purple haze x malawi on right in both pictures
daves_001104.JPG

daves_01453.JPG

My plan is to flower the PH x M first letting the PK get bigger in veg. Thats because I am afraid this full sativa will keep stretching or growing past first 2-3 weeks of its 3 months of flowering.OH and I want to root cuttings from both too. I am thinking it may also be close to "up potting" as some say. I am thinking one gallon pots first and into 3 or 5 gallon pots for flower.

SOme other pictures with a Pb clone at 21 days flower on left and a JH clone at 13 days in middle and another JH clone 9 days in on right.
daves_02431.JPG

the small pot BC clone at 33 days in flower.I feared bending the stems moving her around.
daves_0366.JPG

daves_0358.JPG

and the bigger BC at 47 days flower and looking purdy with calyxes swelling up
daves_02922.JPG

daves_03020.JPG

daves_0349.JPG

I hope all is well in life and your gardens good people of :420:

Thankyou Scarfinger68 I ended up cutting them from the stems onto a plate after only the 2 days hanging to dry more. Tonight after 24 hours off stem I may start curing.
daves_0385.JPG

This may help:

Cannabis Curing Guide using a Hygrometer

Step 1: The Dry
-Harvest and Hang
-3 to 14 days depending on relative humidity and temperature
-Keep it dark

Step 2: The Feel
-Buds start to "feel" dry
-Stems "feel" dry but are flexible and don't snap when bent
-Time to jar the buds

Step 3: The Jar (65% - 70%)
-RH should be 70% at maximum
-The key in this phase is to get the RH down to 65% relatively
fast to prevent mold
-If hygrometer readings rise 1% an hour, this
indicates a high RH in the jar
-If RH is greater than 70% you need to leave the
lid off for 1 to 4 hours or even remove
from the jar if necessary depending on the RH
and temperature in the room
-Burp the jars for 1 to 2 hours per day to reach 65% RH
-It may take 24 hours to get a stable RH reading

Step 4: The Cure (60% - 65%)
-Looking for a much slower release of moisture.
-Burp jars for a very short period once a day
-Stable RH readings may take up to 36 hours

Step 5: The Smoke (60% to 55%)
-The cure continues
-It's ready to smoke
-Burp once a day until desired smoking RH is reached
-can be stored for longer periods up to 3 months
-Curing (65% to 55%) should take a minimum of 2 weeks
-Can cure as long as 1 to 6+ months

Step 6: The End
-The cure stops at 55%
-Ready for long term storage up to 3+ months/years?
-Can rehydrate to reach preferred smoking RH
-Rehydrating will not restart the cure process

NIce info on curing Scarfinger68
I would like to see what my readings would be going into the jar someday with a Hygrometer. After I feel my buds getting dry I cut from the stem and leave out another night to dry up the stem cut.I worry of too much moisture going into jar , in case I forget to burp it. Then one or two times a longer dry out of jar to loose the fear of mold possibly rushing this step.Then I am using it so it will be burped in need until gone:lot-o-toke:

NIce info on curing Scarfinger68
I would like to see what my readings would be going into the jar someday with a Hygrometer. After I feel my buds getting dry I cut from the stem and leave out another night to dry up the stem cut.I worry of too much moisture going into jar , in case I forget to burp it. Then one or two times a longer dry out of jar to loose the fear of mold possibly rushing this step.Then I am using it so it will be burped in need until gone:lot-o-toke:

This is the tricky part for me. Sometimes a leave them out to long and miss the "zone"
Step 3: The Jar (65% - 70%)
-RH should be 70% at maximum
-The key in this phase is to get the RH down to 65% relatively
fast to prevent mold
-If hygrometer readings rise 1% an hour, this
indicates a high RH in the jar
-If RH is greater than 70% you need to leave the
lid off for 1 to 4 hours or even remove
from the jar if necessary depending on the RH
and temperature in the room
-Burp the jars for 1 to 2 hours per day to reach 65% RH
-It may take 24 hours to get a stable RH reading

P10100716.JPG

P1000830.JPG

Over the weekend I decided to harvest my Blue Cheese clone and the rest of the Purple Bud fem seed plant to replace with a Herer clone and a BC clone looking like this
daves_01265.JPG

daves_01360.JPG

BC clone on left in a 5 gal self watering pot with a shredded fall leaf mulch and JH clone on right in a 3 gal pot.I want to scratch in fertilizer and put a worm compost mulch on these after a week in or so and let them finish flowering on that and plain water
I didnt picture the PB plant but I chopped and hung this from it at 59 days 11/13 flowering. The toppers are dried and curing my norm way giving me 53g start on that plant I cut 7 days earlier
daves_001106.JPG

The Blue Cheese clone at 52 days of 11/13 was looking done so I pulled her out and filled up my drying box.
daves_00295.JPG

daves_00496.JPG

daves_01154.JPG

Last night I finally put my seedlings into one gal pots and have feeling I will be flowering the PHxM sativa at the end of May.I have had cfl side lighting helping out the lower nodes aka future clones I hope take off soon.Thats my about 3 week goal to take a cutting and feel it will root to flip the mom PHxM .The Pure Kush can take her time right now
PK on left and PHxM right 3 weeks from breaking soil surface
daves_001105.JPG

Now PhxM on left and P Kush on right
daves_00962.JPG

Maybe looking hungry so I added normal nutrients in planting hole and on surface for the Pk and went light on the PH x M to not have too much N.
My clones needed to be potted up after 9 days from cut.Most had rooted earlier and the first was this BC clone.It was my first time trying a cutting like this.The first to push roots through plug on all the cuttings and before the top half of the same branch:)
daves_01359.JPG

I decided to try a first time no till run with a Jh clone.I used the 3gal Blue Cheese pot I just harvested starting like this
daves_02132.JPG

I scraped off mulch to root line to leave room for future fresh ones.dug in a little and planted rooted plug dusted with some mycohizzae powder and putting dry fertilizer down on surface.
daves_02228.JPG

daves_00294.JPG

This will eventually get a nice mulch full of worms to help on the old roots
I finally mixed up the the bulk of the next soil mix minus fertilizer starting with fall lawnmowered leaves and some grass kept out of weather and super dry.I poured ewc tea in with some leftover sediment.It has been bublling long time well after molasses was used up.
daves_01454.JPG

daves_01540.JPG

daves_01834.JPG

recent harvest fan leaves and then then a 5 gal Purple Bud pot just chopped and about 6 or more flowered plants mix full of roots(about 18 gallons).Fan Leaves were put in this storage mix too but already composted,I plan to make a new batch of compost tea I will water it in after dry alfalfa meal and and Epsoma Garden Tone get mixed mixed in first.I think in 2 weeks all leaf should be composted afterwards or close.My clones will sample first taste when they need transplant.I have enough of last mix to fill up a transplant of PHxM in one gal to a 3 gal before flipping her.Everybody else including Pure Kush will have new stuff when broke down some. I still get nervous because I eye this stuff and cannot duplicate so I always fear screwing up:) DOnt let me down Green Thumbs
:Namaste:

I pulled everyone out my flowering space and took photos last night. It was really to clean up a spill I made watering that flipped the bathroom GFC switch where the one extension cord plugs in powering the whole operation.After pictures and clean up/dry up it powered again:)
This Blue Cheese clone is my oldest in flower at 47 days 11/13. I wanted to show a before flower shot on how small she started out topped a week before the flip
daves_00487.JPG

daves_01455.JPG

daves_01541.JPG

daves_01736.JPG

daves_01933.JPG

I am think 2 weeks left maybe
This is last genetics growing of Purple Bud I have at 34 days 11/13 hours
daves_02133.JPG

daves_02229.JPG

Then my to Jack Herer clones staggered 4 days apart in flowering with the oldest 26 day flowered one on the left and the first topper shot too
daves_001107.JPG

daves_00590.JPG

daves_00497.JPG

The my youngest but biggest in the flower space the BLue Cheese clone on left and Jack Herer clone on right only 7 days into flower.
with a day one shot following to show stretch so far
daves_00963.JPG

daves_01360.JPG

Here is how I was trying to help out my cuttings I would like before flowering these new strains. I also since last update on them topped each one at same nodes before the side lighting was added.
daves_001108.JPG

This is the Pure Kush fem seed plant 30 days from breaking soil
daves_00386.JPG

and the Purple Haze x Malawi that grew too close to the T5 hurting the top fan leaves I clipped too also and at 30 days from breaking soil under 18/6 hours. This Sativa looks a little sad from too much water and heat I think
daves_00296.JPG

Now the all indica Kush is even or just ahead of the all sativa in size. What will happen to me probably is I'll need to flip them both soon to fit in my flower space which is full now and for awhile. I have thought of choosing those top 2 cuttings to root while also lowering plant hieght and still leaving 6 main branches after cleaning the lowest ones too. hmm My 3 week window is getting smaller and down to 13 days to take cuttings and transplant to bigger 3 gal pots and flip both now.:hmmmm::hmmmm::dreamy::surrender::rollit::idea::popcorn::hmmmm::hmmmm::phew:

Last night I felt the purple haze x malawi fem seed plant needed to be flowered by the way she looked at 34 days 18/6 from breaking soil on 4/20 actually:)
I seen how much length grew on the the branches below the toppers and pictured what could happen during flower with this full sativa I am trying in my closet.
daves_00387.JPG

23 inches from floor and about 16 inches from soil going into this 3 gallon pot
daves_00298.JPG

I will hope for the best on these 3 cuttings I am trying to root being on the small side.
daves_00593.JPG

daves_01072.JPG

I didnt want to raise plant height in the transplant and also wanted some soil underneath this rootball so 1 inch of my new mostly decomposed mix with out any nutrients added,just tree leaves used soil and mmj leaves and roots. I did sprinkle in some fertilizer on top and put in root ball dusted with mychos and used last of saved amended mix from last batch to fill in sides.More fertilizer sprinkled then the new mostly composted batch on top. That added an inch to height but some lst done on those top 2 toppers took away 3 inches leaving me now at 21 inches from floor 2 inches less then start.
daves_00863.JPG

daves_00965.JPG

I tried lst crossing the top 2 over the topped stem which I have had split before down the road. There are 6 main branches and if my clones flunk I may try to root the lowest 2 especially if she crazy stretches
I will count today 5/24 as day 1 of flower at 11/13 hours under 2 x 96x3w reflector leds . With a flowering time of :

Ace Purple Haze x Malawi Feminized Seeds Specs
Breeder: Ace Seeds
Genetics: F1 Hybrid. Purple Haze X Killer Malawi
Variety: Sativa
Flowering Type: Photoperiod
Sex: Feminised
Yield: High
Grows: Grows Indoors, Grows Outdoors
Flowering Time: 13-16 Weeks
Harvest Month: November
Taste / Flavour: Blueberry, Citrus, Earthy, Spicy / Herbal
Effect: Long-Lasting, Powerful
Ace Purple Haze x Malawi Feminized Seeds Info
Purple Haze x Malawi is an old school F1 pure sativa hybrid, with strong Purple Haze dominance and improved vigour, yield and potency from Ace's Malawi line. In order to create this spectacular sativa, Ace Seeds best Purple Haze was pollinated by the killer Malawi. The powerful African genes adds a new dimension to the super sativa Haze concept, creating one of their most interesting 'sativa haze' hybrids.

I should harvest mid to late september holy crap Wish me luck
Thankyou for checking out my grow :green_heart:

Last night I felt the purple haze x malawi fem seed plant needed to be flowered by the way she looked at 34 days 18/6 from breaking soil on 4/20 actually:)
I seen how much length grew on the the branches below the toppers and pictured what could happen during flower with this full sativa I am trying in my closet.

I should harvest mid to late september holy crap Wish me luck
Thankyou for checking out my grow :green_heart:

I have never grown a full sativa, but I was thinking. HST would probably come in handy with a sativa. Just pinch with thumb and finger, roll it a little to soften the branch and then bend it over approx. 90 degrees. I have even HST the same branch twice (a few inches apart) to control height.

P10003492.JPG

Back
Top Bottom