My Low Budget Medical Grow

Thankyou Relaxed Lester I am liking this low budget and simple growing under artificial lights. My JH pheno came from one fem seed which in a month I will have kept genetics growing for 2 years on this old journal with the same base soil mix reammended grow after grow. It has handled and benifitted from my personal grow experiments and changes holding onto its quality still upon many generations deep in cloning I couldnt count.
My only Bad is I didnt choose this pheno from reg seeds of the true breeder.Just a middle man finding it and making fem seeds to sell. It bothers me even saying strain because of that but either way it has been my main med I will clone forever it feels:thumb:

Its been 2 weeks since last update and the plants seem to be doing Ok.Nothing but water not even molasses this whole flower time.Tonight I pulled them out for photos and put down a fresh from worm bin mulch down before their water.Well it had been dewormed the day before with the help of my youngest daughter taking out the "Ohh its soo cute" baby worms. Each one was given the same love each time It was Awesome.They went back into the bin I just redid.They had eaten most food and it had gotten soggy like noone payed attention to them.
Now I put a layer of the worm infested compost over lawnmowered fall leaves like about 15 gallons.Its the second leaf run I have done with my worms and they seem to tear them up,You see the surface level drop.The leaf stem was still left over but composted to a brittle form.The leaf addition to my last soil mix composted faster stem and all.I am doing that again too soon.
This is how they looked before pulling out with the middle PB plant showing an issue directly under the light. the toppers out from right under are green still.
daves_00198.JPG

Here is that PB on 35 days of flowering using 11/13 hours
daves_01354.JPG

daves_01151.JPG

This could be light stress or a calmag problem. the intense led light hehe is using it up form the leaves directly under it at about 7" from light.
2 faded buds
daves_01637.JPG

daves_01536.JPG

and out from under greener buds
daves_01733.JPG

daves_01830.JPG

that last one was borderline I guess.
All those toppers fading in the middle are actually the lower nodes of the topper branches lst'd to opposite sides and out from under the led.:hmmmm:
Here is my most flowered BC now at 28 daysflower .She has some toppers as close and under the light with no effects of light stress or deficiency
daves_00856.JPG

daves_00490.JPG

daves_00586.JPG

daves_00674.JPG

daves_00767.JPG

I didnt note but going to say 2 weeks flower on this little potted BC
daves_02129.JPG

I have 2 JH and ! PB clone lined up to flower in small pots too but needing space that this JH clone at 51 days flower is taking up
daves_02320.JPG

daves_02429.JPG

daves_02520.JPG

daves_02618.JPG

daves_02717.JPG

She has some fading going on and I have been going 70 days 12/12 for normal chop.I am trying to look for that 11/13 stress push on flower possibly maturing a week faster?? Maybe 2 more weeks for a 65 day flower we will see
I did get my beans which could of sit in a big metal trailor park mail locker for 3 days but no shorter than 2.The extra heat stress was a thought but I am not worried. Here is my new collection I will be soaking a couple from soon.
They are all fem seeds except the afghani freebies
daves_00379.JPG

Thankyou for checking out my grow Good People of :420:

Here are some shots of my vegging plants going now still under my T5 with just 3 bulbs now at 18/6 hours.
This is my Blue Cheese I have about 2 weeks for flipping in mind with cuttings taken within that time
daves_00768.JPG

daves_01260.JPG

The Berry Bomb I have been pruning back.I am not sure on plans for this,maybe clone and cull or get rid of all together.
daves_01066.JPG

and these 2 Jack Herer clones are for flip with the BC too in about 2 weeks
daves_01451.JPG

daves_01355.JPG

daves_00958.JPG

and this one will carry on for cuttings awhile and possibly flowered some day or just composted
daves_00857.JPG

it was in my smallest pot and has 4 choice cuts already.I scratched in some fertilizer and covered with just soil mix on BC and the 3 JH clones.
My last Purple Bud clone is in flower now at 2- 13 hour dark nights so far.Its lower than the others at about 18 inches from light catching side light and reflections off the white plastic
daves_00587.JPG

12 more days I chop JH in flower and flip 3 more. Thinking from that JH chop I will be chopping every 2 weeks 6 times.Just thinking I wait 12 days chop one then every 2 weeks chop another for 3 months.
I also plan on soaking 2 seeds tonight 1 purple haze x malawi and one pure kush both fem seeds.100% sativa to flower 4 months and 100% HIndu Kush/ indica 8 weeks I think
On top of all that spring gardening is in effect.Kids and I started tomato seeds jalapeno and sweet pepper seeds all needing a transplant to solos now.They should beef up for planting by Mothers day.We also planted flower bulbs out side and they are starting to grow,Lillies and irises.We planted lettuce and spinach seeds outside that have sprouted.We dug up and potted some strawberries to bring to our house that are sprouting new growth and should be ready for those June Berries. Our raspberry patch is cut to ground level each fall and shoots are coming up.That space was fertilized and composted earlier.I have to beat those beetles this year and I will be able to can some jam again.I still need to start an off topic thread and should make a new journal for those 2 new seeds also
Maybe :peace:

looking good. are you running just leds in the bloom room now?

Yep breal 2- 96 x3w reflectors only. They dont have the "penetration" of those 5w leds or the hefty price tag either. The way I train my plants and pack them in my little space My lights are working well with the low heat.
I will say this is my best ever in growing the herb.Just un ph adjusted tap water that sits out for the veg and flower waterings is all Im doing for the plants besides adding dry fertilizer at transplants and under mulch additions. My T5 vegging for 18 hours heats up the closet and as things keep getting warmer I will have to shut that down . I want to lower the hours to 16/8 soon too.

Looking good!

I have been mainly growing indicas. Going to try some Blue Dream for a more sativa smoke one of these days.

That "Critical Sensi Star" sounds interesting to me.

:goodjob:

Thankyou Scarfinger68 Good to see you again. That "Critical Sensi Star" earned some respect from its description that I would like to grow and sample some day. Thats 10%sativa 90%indica I think and right now I am trying to find full sativa and a full indica to experience their benifits and effects.
I have heard lots of good on that Blue Dream and its one I would try some day also.:allgood:

I had posted on soaking seeds Friday night April 17 but put off to Saturday night instead. One Original Sensible Pure Kush fem seed and one Ace Seeds Purple Haze x Malawi fem seed were put in seperate cups with warm straight tap water.They sat in dark 24 hours and I put them in zip baggie between 2 damp napkins.Less than 24 hours later on 4/20 the first peek showed both seeds grew a tap root equally.I planted them in my mix with nothing extra added .The split seed ends were covered lightly to help keep shell moist to come off popping up and I put their baggies over cups for humidity.
24 hours later both plants had popped up with seed leaves open and first leaves showing.The Pure Kush had the seeds shell hanging I pulled off easily but still had a membrane over one seed leave.I had to be delicate with tweezers taking that off and it looked happier after.They both looked equal at this stage again but soo different @ a 45-55 day flower and a 13 to 16 week flower.Both new strains to me and my first grow of a 100% sativa and second grow on a pure indica the other was my Grape Ape.
Here they are now sitting under the T5 maybe 8-10 inches next to my Blue Cheese clone Im trying to train some more
daves_01831.JPG

daves_01638.JPG

:rollit:Heres to a new adventure in my cannabis growing:Namaste:

Pulled the plants out for inspections and photos last night.The JH at 61 days flowering 11/13 hours was structurally stressed with leaning over branches.I also seen pollen sacks starting to poke out.So she got the chop.I have a strong feeling that the stress of 11/13 hours has influenced this late flower issue.Going back to the last JH clone I chopped was for same reason.I had 2 JH clones staggered going 12/12 and I went down to 11/13 last 3-4 weeks. Actually way back when I started this strain I did 11/13 and experienced that too.I had switched to 12/12 and tried to flower a JH clone long to get those self fem seeds.It didnt even shoot pollen sacks that time or over the next few chops until I switched back to 11/13 recently.Nobody else is doing it and to see if there is another cause in same location I put the BC needing another 3 weeks Im guessing. I wonder if I should just go back to 12/12 but my sativa seedling might do better with more dark. The problems I face:)
daves_00675.JPG

daves_01068.JPG

daves_00959.JPG

:thumb:

Thankyou b.real I am thinking about 60grams off her . I think my Purple Bud seedplant I thought had light stress or was in need of a nutrient/(s) could have been just pulling hard near end of flower.I am thinking 2 weeks or even when I jar up this herer. It looks bigger, but the quality on a couple earlier clones off it were not holy cow stuff but not dirt either.My last clone of the PB is in flower now and I am done with cloning more.I have 2 more fem seeds if I miss it someday!

Here is that PB seed plant at 45 days of 11/13 flowering and looking like its pulling alot of nutrients. I do credit it to the hours mostly.Its setting up to foxtail again some.I did check trichoms with my scope to see lots of cloudy and some very few amber.
daves_00859.JPG

daves_00960.JPG

daves_01069.JPG

daves_01262.JPG

daves_01153.JPG

and my Blue Cheese clone is bulking up I was seeing. SHe is at 38 days flower.I took the seed mom at 56 days and was very impressed.Back to my thinking of current flower hours speeding things up I feel chopping at 8 weeks this time will be more mature.I only got 1 and a 1/2 ounce from the first and I think and hope to at least get the same and possibly more.
daves_001101.JPG

daves_00292.JPG

daves_00676.JPG

daves_00492.JPG

daves_00770.JPG

The flowers on this BC pheno dont get too big but they are heavy and potent.I dont like how this plant was trained leading to a different style on my BC clone back in veg.That one I am hoping to train for a stronger bigger yielding plant.
I rearranged my flowering plants and added another JH clone. Left side is BC and right side is the PB plant.I have four small about 1 gallon pot plants going int he middle with the BC clone 2 at 24 days and a PB clone 2 at 12 days a JH clone 2 at 4 days and the new to space JH clone 3
daves_01735.JPG

daves_01832.JPG

the 4 day JH2 on right is this much taller and looks like this at base of plant too
daves_01930.JPG

daves_02030.JPG

They should be close and at least 14 g each judging by size but I like competition and have yet to make a guess on heaviest yielding.
I have been putting off too long these closet chores of soil ammending,clones,BC in veg topping and same for the BB in veg.Both also needing transplanting to bigger pots to be flipped soon,well when I chop the PB and BC in flower these veggers will be flipped
:thanks::420::passitleft:

I have been putting off too long these closet chores of soil ammending,clones,BC in veg topping and same for the BB in veg. Both also needing transplanting to bigger pots to be flipped soon,well when I chop the PB and BC in flower these veggers will be flipped
:thanks::420::passitleft:

I just got my VEG room and Flower room all cleaned up and organized. :)

Looks like some decent weight to those buds.

Congrats!

All the main branches were topped and any other shoot that was growing strong on this Blue Cheese clone a couple days before this transplant
daves_01452.JPG

daves_01833.JPG

daves_01931.JPG

daves_02921.JPG

I transplanted this Herer clone on an angle to help out with the LST.This is same way training on the one I just harvested
daves_02130.JPG

daves_02031.JPG

daves_02321.JPG

daves_02430.JPG

daves_02718.JPG

My Jh buds hung 3 days in the box and outer edges were getting dry so I cut them off stems and kept on a platter one more day and last night they were all weighed at 83g. there is moisture in stems and bigger buds still and I think 70g may be more likely.
This plate of best buds was 47.The bigger ones 33 and the smaller ones 13.
daves_00493.JPG

daves_00677.JPG

I topped the Berry Bomb clone earlier too but didnt have it in me to transplant.I believe I am done growing this one and it will be composted into the next soil mix I need to build up
daves_03019.JPG

Back
Top Bottom