My new grow space

@Peeece , youre gonna run into the same issues as I have had, so let me know if you need any help with anything.
My present issue is HEAT!!!. I have tried different configurations last night and ended up blowing a breaker..... that is not a good sign. I may have to run a completely separate circuit out there specifically for the air conditioning unit. That being said, the in room air conditioner that I have isn't exactly new and it could be drawing a lot of Amps. Not like air conditioners don't........ Maybe I can find something that's a little less crazy. I guess it's cheaper to run a new circuit, then it is to buy an air conditioning unit, so I'll start there first. I'm going to try what I have for now, I do have three separate breakers out in the grow space. One of which has nothing plugged into it yet so that might be my best route. If that's the case it means that my air conditioning unit will have to be outside my grow area in the workshop and I will have to use one of my extraction fans, turned around to pull air from my AC into the areas needed.

Im with you brotha I feel the exact same way. I want to help others with my symptom flbit first I need to learn @Lady G2HM

I'm starting to think I might have found 420magazine for a different reason. Yes I've learned and am still learning how to grow but a bigger reason. Time will tell but I find myself very interested in the CBD strains and their attributes as well.

@Peeece , youre gonna run into the same issues as I have had, so let me know if you need any help with anything.
My present issue is HEAT!!!. I have tried different configurations last night and ended up blowing a breaker..... that is not a good sign. I may have to run a completely separate circuit out there specifically for the air conditioning unit. That being said, the in room air conditioner that I have isn't exactly new and it could be drawing a lot of Amps. Not like air conditioners don't........ Maybe I can find something that's a little less crazy. I guess it's cheaper to run a new circuit, then it is to buy an air conditioning unit, so I'll start there first. I'm going to try what I have for now, I do have three separate breakers out in the grow space. One of which has nothing plugged into it yet so that might be my best route. If that's the case it means that my air conditioning unit will have to be outside my grow area in the workshop and I will have to use one of my extraction fans, turned around to pull air from my AC into the areas needed.
Hey Guy, how's things going? Things are looking great!
That was a 40a breaker popped? Just wondering what was popping before I buy some copper and setup my room.

Thanks!

Hey Guy, how's things going? Things are looking great!
That was a 40a breaker popped? Just wondering what was popping before I buy some copper and setup my room.

Thanks!
Hey Lowded, thanks for stopping in brother.....
It's a 20 A thats being shared across the space. All run with 10 /3 stranded from the panel to my switches and receptacles. I should have run 2 cables but theirs still time to when I do my modifications and I turn the water on in the grow room. Luckily I ran plastic conduit through my foundation just in case i needed to add anything. I also bought a 4000 btu Window AC unit today for $40. Brand new in the box. Only draws 3.8A at peak. The one that was blowing the breaker last night is a 12000 btu drawing close to 8A at peak. This little one may be my saving grace, and the fact that's it's a window unit that I can permanently fasten in solves my space and exhausting issues for the floor model. Going down to 1°c here tonight 8f you can believe it.....it was 26°c here yesterday.

Night all......

Heya Guy, just flying by to say high.

Looking great since my last peak into the flower room overview :p looks amazing!

Have a great day:Namaste:
Great to see you NS.....stop in anytime!

Don't mean for you to do any more work than you need to but if your tripping a breaker your running over your limit of amps. By trying to get just under that limit is still going to put stress on that circuit. Just me but I would try to use the one your not using or run another one. Safe than sorry
Over a 4A difference between the 2 units.....thats 20% on that breaker. That's pretty significant. I'm gonna try it out and see how she behaves. I ran large caliber cable in the hopes that I'd be ok. I'll monitor the breaker and if it's running hot or even questionable, I'll run that seperate circuit. He'll I may just run it anyway lol.....thanks for the input Derb....

Over a 4A difference between the 2 units.....thats 20% on that breaker. That's pretty significant. I'm gonna try it out and see how she behaves. I ran large caliber cable in the hopes that I'd be ok. I'll monitor the breaker and if it's running hot or even questionable, I'll run that seperate circuit. He'll I may just run it anyway lol.....thanks for the input Derb....
That is a significant difference. You should be fine with that. Just keep an eye on it. I just want ya safe bro not trying to run your household.

That is a significant difference. You should be fine with that. Just keep an eye on it. I just want ya safe bro not trying to run your household.
Derb, you know me.....im open to input my man. Just good to have you there reading and I can toss ideas out. Sometimes it takes that outside opinion to dial this in. It's kind of funny cuz I said to my good friend yesterday that I do all of my best thinking in the shower..... Just haven't been able to come up with a solution for this one yet. I'll (we'll) get this lol. Sadly my Peyote cookies who used to be giant are suffering from the temps. I just got the word that my girl is going out for dinner with friends.....thatll give me a few hours to cut the hole, install a header and set my new A.C. unit in place. I also raised my lighting by 8" yesterday.

Journal update time..... I know you guys have been waiting LMAO.......

So I'll start in my cloning area.....these girls really are starting to like it here. I added A.C. last week so temps have now levelled out and I can stop worrying about that and start getting back to Growing dank weed.

Everyday I'm going to try and add one or two cuttings as I remove and plant in my soil. These are all ATF.

Next to my seedlings. All are doing very well. I'm able to keep my cloning tent about 27 degrees Celsius, which works perfectly with the flower room next door at about 4 degrees colder.
So it's 2 Fem Blue Dream on the right, with my latest CBD Critical mass in front in her shorter pot. To their left are my 3 Critical Mass girls.
Next are my 6 Trailer trash Bettys. I'm going by what my friend @Jackalope has explained and hoping for an 80% female showing for these seeds. These are going outside on a friends farm.
On to Veg......
Pulled a bit out of here yesterday opening up the space quite a bit. I guess my front-runners in my cloning tent will end up in here as a bit of a nursery, but presently I have three ATFs that I held back. No room for them in flower yet..... You'll see LOL. Sorry but forgot to take pics of veg.

On to flower.....
So here's my new little 5000 but A.C. unit inside.

I'll be running the entire new circuit within the next few weeks when I have time to hook water up outside here permanently. This coming weekend being the long weekend, we may end up hanging out here and doing some gardening in the backyard. That would be a great time to dig it up and place my hoses / wiring where I need them.
Okay so far 3 new ATF plants got introduced 2 days ago, here's the difference between them in 24 hours. Notice how they have all turned to face the light......
My beautiful Crown Royal in dwc that was introduced last week. I have to refill her bottle bucket today... Looking like she still requires veg nutrients..... No pistils showing yet.....THE BEAST!
Last will be my shot across flower.
these girls are all now on day 38 in flower. I wish they were a little larger, but with my heating issues, I'm glad they're still alive at all. They were definitely slowed down some, but I have noticed New Growth within the last 48 hours. Hopefully they start to stack up nicely now that the temperatures are a little bit more temperate. Fingers crossed!
So theyre 3 peyote cookies up front and 3 white Rhino sitting in the back......theyre still beautifully frosty!

Think that's all for now.....
Have a great Monday 420!!

Don't mean for you to do any more work than you need to but if your tripping a breaker your running over your limit of amps. By trying to get just under that limit is still going to put stress on that circuit. Just me but I would try to use the one your not using or run another one. Safe than sorry
This wicked little 5000btu A.C. hasn't tripped me yet. I think I am still going to run a separate breaker for it..... Seeing as I will have the ground opened up. But I wanted to revisit this and say that I have been checking my breaker inside with no heat issues, I also run three separate breakers out in my space and the same can be said for those. Looks like my oversized room AC unit that I was using before was just pulling way too much current, probably way too big of a unit for what I needed. This little guy turns on for maybe 3 or 4 minutes at a time once every hour. Great little investment for anybody looking to cool their space and not spend a lot of money when it comes to the summer temperatures. This is a huge load off my mind..... And my wife approves so it's win-win LMAO!

Do you run extension cords to your room or are they wall mount (regular) outlets? I've had many shitty extension cords over the years that did not like working @ or above their max range. I used to weld a bunch, so I picked up an 8ga (grounded) extension cord and that shit never happened again.
Now... a mig welder is spiking current much higher than your grow (I hope) but nonetheless, something simple as a cord can throw things off. BTW, I love that heavy ass cord I have now... use it everywhere.

-P

This wicked little 5000btu A.C. hasn't tripped me yet. I think I am still going to run a separate breaker for it..... Seeing as I will have the ground opened up. But I wanted to revisit this and say that I have been checking my breaker inside with no heat issues, I also run three separate breakers out in my space and the same can be said for those. Looks like my oversized room AC unit that I was using before was just pulling way too much current, probably way too big of a unit for what I needed. This little guy turns on for maybe 3 or 4 minutes at a time once every hour. Great little investment for anybody looking to cool their space and not spend a lot of money when it comes to the summer temperatures. This is a huge load off my mind..... And my wife approves so it's win-win LMAO!
Good morning Guy, been following your journal for awhile. Your running 10AWG stranded (copper wire?) 3 strands. that 10AWG is good for 30 amps. why not just replace the circuit breaker with a 30 amp breaker? Not trying to be a smart ass.

your grow rooms and your ladies look awesome. great job.

Thanks @Zincite, glad to have you.....
If you started at the beginning.......(GAWWWDDD).....lol....Youll know that Im not really all that electrically minded. I had friends on here share advice and honestly im not too proud to admit that it led to an electrician buddy coming out...... this is what he suggested based on my needs. The circuits were never intended to run A.C., but at this point i realize it was a serious case of wishful thinking lol. So bear with me but my new breaker takes up 2 spaces and in the centre are 2 minis fastened together. That is my dedicated 20. The other 2 are unused 15s which is what I was gonna tap into. Are you saying that I can just replace that breaker with a larger version and my problem will be solved? Not like it's running hot or anything but more peace of mind for my little pony panel would be great!!
Thanks again!!......learned something new here lol....

Thanks @Zincite, glad to have you.....
If you started at the beginning.......(GAWWWDDD).....lol....Youll know that Im not really all that electrically minded. I had friends on here share advice and honestly im not too proud to admit that it led to an electrician buddy coming out...... this is what he suggested based on my needs. The circuits were never intended to run A.C., but at this point i realize it was a serious case of wishful thinking lol. So bear with me but my new breaker takes up 2 spaces and in the centre are 2 minis fastened together. That is my dedicated 20. The other 2 are unused 15s which is what I was gonna tap into. Are you saying that I can just replace that breaker with a larger version and my problem will be solved? Not like it's running hot or anything but more peace of mind for my little pony panel would be great!!
Thanks again!!......learned something new here lol....
Can't do that if all the wiring isn't to size. You'll have a fire in no time. Wire has to be gauged to the size of the beaker. Doesn't matter what country your in.

@Preston9mm , no extension cords....everythings to code or better. On the other hand.....8ga, that I recognize lol. Fkn hot tub cable lmao.....I think I saw them as I weighed my options late last week. RV cords etc were over $120....thats ridonc lol.
Don't wanna jinx bit things are humming along great out there!

Ill stick with my electrician suggestion then......just cause I'm electrically idiotic and pretty proud of it lol. Its purring along fine now.....just that 12000 btu jobby was 10 yrs old and drawing like an Arc welder lol.

Back
Top Bottom