My new (to me) dirt cheap clone method

Folks

I am done misting ... I am going to try this right into tap water :cheesygrinsmiley:

Let's see what happens

DSC_8207_clones.jpg

DSC_8208_clone.jpg

might not hurt to add some B-1, superthrive, or other kinds of root growth stuff. Maybe an airstone of you got a extra pump laying around.

Other then that cool stuff.

9 days and we have ROOTS!

might not hurt to add some B-1, superthrive, or other kinds of root growth stuff. Maybe an airstone of you got a extra pump laying around.

Other then that cool stuff.

Jimmycricket

The thing about this I like so much is NOT doing all that crap!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Check it out folks the blue moonshine is getting roots, the hash bud plant cuttings are looking rough but hanging in there.

I know the picture sucks but trust me that is a root and the other blue moonshine cuttings have them too!!!

DSC_8319_root.jpg

Mixed Results

Well it worked ... and it failed

The bottom line is that some strains will have no problem rooting in water only with no dome and no fuss. That means of course that some strains will have a hard time or simply not be able to root this way. I still want the least fuss I can get away with plus plants that have not been in a dome adapt much quicker.

Sorry I was not feeling well and just planted these without showing the roots

Blue Moonshine (did very well)

DSC_8359_bm_rooted.jpg

A surprise to me was the super snowdawg cuttings ... they love it!!

DSC_8360_ssh20cln.jpg

These two were an afterthought and were totally wilted when I chucked them in this glass

DSC_8361_ssh2ocln.jpg

I tried clonex with this one

DSC_8362_ssclncln.jpg

This is the only hash bud plant clone still out the rest were dying (with clonex)

DSC_8363_s4clnxcln.jpg

And here are the wimps ... in a new dome with a styrofoam insert floating on water and cuttings dropped in (some are in plugs with clonex as tests)

DSC_8364_newtray.jpg

I was just up looking at the results. I will have to get pics.

First and foremost this method is NOT for every strain.

Blue Moonshine = total success

Super Snowdawg = only one of five lived … but a very nice plant

S Girl = total failure

If you want near 100% success with any strain “cheap” try my other method

My clone story - pictorial - taken early, done cheap and successful

With the right strains this method is easy and makes strong plants that resist wilting.

I have not given up on this method either I think I need better scissors and I need to make the last cut under water and I think I will have better success.

Good Luck Folks

I ended up making an aero cloner as my first attempt at cloning using rockwool and domes was total fail.

I am about to make a timer to go with my aero to let the stems dry a tad between waterings instead of just 24/7 water.

The Chem D showed signs of rooting and a tiny baby root or two within 3 days. Hopefully these work because my clone dome was super fail.

Back
Top Bottom