My Very 1st Seeds!

Thanks. I will keep an eye out for more Lighting.
Sometimes just lowering the light or raising the plants up closer will be enough to improve the situation. Doing this will help keep the situation from getting worse. If and when you do this then watch the plants and be ready if the young plants start to show negative reactions.

You will still need additional lights but but raising or lowering soon will give a bit of time to find more lighting.

ometimes just lowering the light or raising the plants up closer will be enough to improve the situation. Doing this will help keep the situation from getting worse. If and when you do this then watch the plants and be ready if the young plants start to show negative reactions.

You will still need additional lights but but raising or lowering soon will give a bit of time to find more lighting.
Thanks. I adjusted the Light and Fed my plants Foxes Big Grow liquid plant food and after a week they filled out a lot since February. Here are a few Pics!! Thanks for viewing. These are from Today, 3/24/2022.

Plants32420221.jpg

32420222.jpg

They are a bit bigger and some are taller. The two at the ends of the first row look like they are having trouble. I can't really tell much more than that because of the colors from the lights.

Turn off the grow lights and either use the room light or bring a table lamp near the plants. The camera's flash will help fill in the photo. Plus the auto-focus feature will work much better in a white light.

End result will be a photo in more natural colors. It becomes easier to identify problems and suggest ways to fix them.

Good morning sal, hope the weekend is going well. So yup they are a little bigger and little wider... But there is still an issue.... I agree with smoking on natural light pics... One thing I'm seeing even with the grow light on is the solo cup soil is black...meaning alot of water...how often are you watering and how long of dry time between watering? Over/under watering can cause an array of issues.

Do they look any better?

A bit, I think. Do you have an oscillating fan blowing at them? That'll help with stem development. So, too, can manually manipulating them, lightly twisting them. But you'll have to be careful, if you do this. Lightly grasp the base of the stem with your other hand, to ensure that you don't end up pulling the plant out of the "ground." And don't approach it like you're trying to wring a chicken's neck, lol. Just a light twist, release, twist the other way, release, a few times per day. And not all the way around, or even anywhere near that much! Just a light fingertip motion, kind of thing. Might help to practice with a random fruit/vegetable/herb seedling first, if you've never done it before.

Oh... [DISCLAIMER: Not responsible for mangled plants. Recommend not sneezing while performing this activity or brain surgery. Post no bills. Caveat emptor. Beware the Ides of March and Chinese Internet devices. Expand your mind, not your waistline. Always get it in writing. Never put it in writing. When attacked by a rabid gazelle, do not attempt to jump to safety.]

A bit, I think. Do you have an oscillating fan blowing at them? That'll help with stem development. So, too, can manually manipulating them, lightly twisting them. But you'll have to be careful, if you do this. Lightly grasp the base of the stem with your other hand, to ensure that you don't end up pulling the plant out of the "ground." And don't approach it like you're trying to wring a chicken's neck, lol. Just a light twist, release, twist the other way, release, a few times per day. And not all the way around, or even anywhere near that much! Just a light fingertip motion, kind of thing. Might help to practice with a random fruit/vegetable/herb seedling first, if you've never done it before.

Oh... [DISCLAIMER: Not responsible for mangled plants. Recommend not sneezing while performing this activity or brain surgery. Post no bills. Caveat emptor. Beware the Ides of March and Chinese Internet devices. Expand your mind, not your waistline. Always get it in writing. Never put it in writing. When attacked by a rabid gazelle, do not attempt to jump to safety.]
Thanks. I now have a fan on them lightly blowing.

Good morning sal, hope the weekend is going well. So yup they are a little bigger and little wider... But there is still an issue.... I agree with smoking on natural light pics... One thing I'm seeing even with the grow light on is the solo cup soil is black...meaning alot of water...how often are you watering and how long of dry time between watering? Over/under watering can cause an array of issues.
Once to twice a week now. I have "Fox farm Big Grow". Just got it last week and fed them the required mixture. I have fed them twice now.

Four of them look pretty good with nice new growth. That fifth one though, bottom right corner, looks a bit challenged.

To me it looks overwatered, like it doesn't have the same amount of root structure the others have.

One good trick to learning about watering and root structure is the "cup in cup" method. They make clear solo cups in the same size as the red ones. Stick your plant in the clear one with drainage slits at the bottom and slip that one into a red cover cup.

That way you can look at the roots whenever you want without damaging anything, but the outer cup protects them from light which supposedly they don't like.

Doubles your setup costs though, because you have to buy a whole 'nother package of cups. :laughtwo:

But, if it was my plant, I'd let it dry out more between waterings until I saw normal new growth kicking in.

Four of them look pretty good with nice new growth. That fifth one though, bottom right corner, looks a bit challenged.

To me it looks overwatered, like it doesn't have the same amount of root structure the others have.

One good trick to learning about watering and root structure is the "cup in cup" method. They make clear solo cups in the same size as the red ones. Stick your plant in the clear one with drainage slits at the bottom and slip that one into a red cover cup.

That way you can look at the roots whenever you want without damaging anything, but the outer cup protects them from light which supposedly they don't like.

Doubles your setup costs though, because you have to buy a whole 'nother package of cups. :laughtwo:

But, if it was my plant, I'd let it dry out more between waterings until I saw normal new growth kicking in.
Thanks Azimuth!! Very good advice for a "Newbie" grower. I'll let the smaller one dry up before watering again. I have some newer pictures for you. The smallest one I grew only 3 days ago.

plant 1.jpg

plant2.jpg

plant3.jpg

plant4.jpg

Looking good. A lot of healthy new growth over the last 3 weeks. The new seedling looks like it is off to the good start.

The one in the corner on the right side of the photos which has looked bad seems to be struggling like it might have some sort of damage to its root system.
I'm thinking that one might benefit from being dug up and replanted into drier soil.

Looks like it's on its way out anyway, so probably not much to lose.

If it is root damage (and I agree) then it likely won't be able to drain the excess water quickly enough to save itself anyway.

Hello

I’m a rookie grower. Just started about 3 weeks ago. Forgot to label the strains. Some plants weren’t looking to good. I use 5.9 PH water 18 inches from plant. I’m using Optic 8+. Thinking about scraping these plants and starting over also keeping a log this time around. Any advice as to what I should do next. Thanks

29125BAF-D8DC-4B05-A33B-7342854D03FB.jpeg
0049883D-7519-40F2-ABCE-4861CAD0358A.jpeg
C1FCA0A0-7992-4949-8B76-FB4F29BFA344.jpeg
76C8F2C0-B7D6-4883-ADFB-7846C8DE1A2F.jpeg
E1E4DBDB-1259-4361-BA14-2C461B6EE94E.jpeg

Well, let's see... It's best to start your own thread instead of attempting to change the subject of someone else's - and that goes double when seeking plant Rx advice, because it avoids confusion. When posting pictures of plants' issues, it is strongly recommended to use a light source that produces a color somewhere in the neighborhood (or at least the same hemisphere) as white, for reasons of color accuracy/perception. And, now that I think about it, because some of the people who - for whatever reason - don't care for skewed-color images and, therefore, skip over them... are probably experienced enough at growing plants to be able to assist you. As rockwool has a high natural pH, did you presoak it in a low pH solution before using it?

Well, let's see... It's best to start your own thread instead of attempting to change the subject of someone else's - and that goes double when seeking plant Rx advice, because it avoids confusion. When posting pictures of plants' issues, it is strongly recommended to use a light source that produces a color somewhere in the neighborhood (or at least the same hemisphere) as white, for reasons of color accuracy/perception. And, now that I think about it, because some of the people who - for whatever reason - don't care for skewed-color images and, therefore, skip over them... are probably experienced enough at growing plants to be able to assist you. As rockwool has a high natural pH, did you presoak it in a low pH solution before using it?

Back
Top Bottom