My Very 1st Seeds!

We can legally grow outside in Oregon. For recreational, up to 4 plants, and that is hardly enforced as long as you aren't throwing it in everyone's faces.

As for not planting directly... Ain't happening here at the 45th parallel. Nothing goes in the ground until at least the first of June.

You can legally grow outside? Nice. If that's the case, though, why not plant directly in the ground?
I decided that I would grow outside but in the growing pots for several reasons. If I put them in the ground, they will need a lot more water that I unfortunately can't afford to pay for believe it or not. I'm on a very tight budget this year and I'm grateful to my friend Rick who bought my Lamp and dirt, not to mention he gave me seeds! I bought the growing bags. Another reason is so I can easily move them into the Sunlight or away from torrential downpours.

If I put them in the ground, they will need a lot more water that I unfortunately can't afford to pay for believe it or not. I'm on a very tight budget this year

30 years ago, I might have thought, "But it's $5.00 per 1,000 gallons, or even less." In the time since, I have... sold my vehicle to pay for a roof on my house (which I've nearly lost more times than I care to contemplate, and the future is decidedly... undecided in that regard, even now) and cannot imagine I'll ever recover to the point I could afford to buy/license/insure a replacement... had to learn to live without a refrigerator... found myself occasionally hunting for something to eat in those big green metal boxes behind restaurants late at night... snuck buckets of water out of someone's swimming pool ino order to wash some clothers... and other less savory things.

So, yes, I can believe it. Sometimes, surviving is a great accomplishment. You do what you can, hope it's enough to get by - and no longer have to wonder why it is that the poor give a greater percentage of what they have to charity than the wealthy do.

Just a few of my plants in their final growing area. Since this area has the most sunlight, I've decided to grow them with my small vegetable garden in 5 gallon pots. (not yet planted.) Too hot yesterday(94 degrees). Better this week in the 70's all week. :yummy:

IMG_20220522_110147958[9266].jpg

garden52222.jpg

I need a little help. I've been growing these plants since February. Why are they so slow, or are they?? When do the Bud happen? These are in 5 gallon buckets for about 2 weeks now. Also, how do they look as far as their color? Sorry, first time grower. Blueberry and 9 lb hammer are the two strains. The tallest plant is around 2 feet tall.
IMG_20220602_055522919[9446].jpg
IMG_20220602_055530772[9448].jpg
IMG_20220602_055541446[9447].jpg

Are these outdoor plants? And photoperiod or autos??

Buds will begin to form after the days start getting shorter so sometime after 6/21, the summer solstice. Usually takes a few weeks for the nights to be long enough to trigger them.

Lots of things can make a plant grow slowly like cool temperatures and lack of nutrients for two. Your plants look pretty good though for it to be a nutrient issue. They may be a little light but they look pretty healthy.

Lots of things can make a plant grow slowly like cool temperatures and lack of nutrients for two. Your plants look pretty good though for it to be a nutrient issue. They may be a little light but they look pretty healthy.
Thanks. Another guy said for me to check the PH level. These are not auto flower. I got these from an online friend who's been growing for years successfully. I just planted them outside a week ago and plan on harvesting in the fall.

What kind of nutrients and stuff are you using ? And how recent are you watering them with so nutrients?
I'm currently just using Fox Farm's "Big Grow"and following the directions on the label. I believe it's every other watering??? I forget. I'll have to check again. Just started using couple of times. Have to check the PH level of the water still. Now that their outside.

61SQ-IV4L0S._SL1024_.jpg

Hi Sal. Yes your plants are kind of small for their age. But that should change pretty fast now that they are outside in bigger pots. They look good & healthy so I doubt your soil pH is off. I think the light you were using is the reason for slow growth & overwatering. The light looks like a Glixer LED. Most 1000 Watt LEDS are only 100 - 150 Watts. Good enough to start seeds, but not good enough for good growth afterwards. I use 150 watt light per plant.
Now that you are outside in Cloth pots the soil will dry faster & you've got the best lighting available. Everything should turn around for you real soon & your plants will take off. @Bill284 & @MochaBud grow amazing plants outdoors. Maybe they can help a little in this area. I only grow indoors so no experience outside.

Hi Sal. Yes your plants are kind of small for their age. But that should change pretty fast now that they are outside in bigger pots. They look good & healthy so I doubt your soil pH is off. I think the light you were using is the reason for slow growth & overwatering. The light looks like a Glixer LED. Most 1000 Watt LEDS are only 100 - 150 Watts. Good enough to start seeds, but not good enough for good growth afterwards. I use 150 watt light per plant.
Now that you are outside in Cloth pots the soil will dry faster & you've got the best lighting available. Everything should turn around for you real soon & your plants will take off. @Bill284 & @MochaBud grow amazing plants outdoors. Maybe they can help a little in this area. I only grow indoors so no experience outside.
Thanks! I hope that either or both of them will reach out to me for recommendations. That would really help. :laugh: :blunt:

@Buds Buddy , I had an online friend order me the light. He's been growing over 20 years. He knew I was on a budget and got me it for around $70. The seeds were germinated in January(end of) and were put in Solo cups in February. I originally had them all together in a growing tray. That could be another reason for the delay of growth. So, they really didn't start to grow until the end of February. Yea, I had hoped that they were bigger but like you, my friend said don't worry . They will take off now. He got it from Amazon.com. Thanks again .

61I4LfpKWcL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

These are my plants that will be 3 weeks old in a couple of days. But I use a Mars Hydro SP3000 (300 watts), but on 65% & I don't water until my pots are completely dry. Lighting & watering habits make a big difference. I've had grows that started off slow too. But once I got into bigger pots it was easier to control my watering & things took off. I think yours will too.
16-72   6-2-22.JPG
16-74   6-2-22.JPG
16-75   6-2-22.JPG

As you can see.... the plant on the bottom right is still overwatered. The Puffy Leaves tell me that.

Thanks @Buds Buddy for the help. I found out that my plants are a Indica's and I was told to top them and now they are branching out some. One might be a Sativa though. The strains are called 9lb Hammer and Zion and one might be a BB or Blueberry. I got them all mixed up. Newbie mistake, Ughh!
Should be interesting to figure out but my friend says he will be able to tell later. I hope anyways. :yummy:

Thanks @Buds Buddy for the help. I found out that my plants are a Indica's and I was told to top them and now they are branching out some. One might be a Sativa though. The strains are called 9lb Hammer and Zion and one might be a BB or Blueberry. I got them all mixed up. Newbie mistake, Ughh!
Should be interesting to figure out but my friend says he will be able to tell later. I hope anyways. :yummy:
9 lb. Hammer is Indica. I've bought it from the dispensary.

Indica usually grows shorter with Fat Leaves. Sativa Taller with thin narrow leaves.

Updated Pictures. I only have 4 plants. These were started at the end of February indoors. I know. A little small and late. First time grower here.

plants206062022.jpg

plants06062022.jpg

sleeping plants 06072022.jpg

Back
Top Bottom